#61 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 06:18 PM

This is from that Circlemakers site I posted a link to on page 1:

Instructions for making crop circles

Fascinating little link you have there! I believe that this one should offer even more answers, especially, about proving Sinestro's theory was correct concerning the video with the UFOS making circles. Most definitely some kind of conspiracy about keeping the idea of "authentic crop circles" swept under the rug. :lol:
During May of 1988, NBC came out with a documentary, with Judd Nelson hosting, showing crop circles as being all man made.This site takes that program apart piece by piece. It seems that they also discuss those tram or tractor trails from www.circlemakers.org/guide.html as well as other elements of bogus crop circle making, and how trained experts can identify them if only they are given access. B)

#62 antenna

antenna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:08 PM

Yours is an interesting little link, too, Boo.

I'm not sure what you mean about the tractor lines. All they say in the Circlemakers instructions is to walk in the tractor lines so as not to leave a foot trail or mess up the crops any more than need be. Unless of course I've missed something which is possible. Did you find something else?

All I saw in your article were a couple remarks about the tractor or tram lines that don't seem to prove or debunk anything. One about them is a reference to a centerpoint or plotting mark in the photo of the Unsolved Mysteries one that is near the tractor line. The other was part of the rebuttal to the TV program in which they discuss the distance between the lines being divisible by 6 and whether or not sacred geometry is applicable in light of that.

Tractor lines are where the farm machinery has moved through the fields, aren't they? They are part of all fields as far as I know and already in place before crop circles show up.

-a
Posted Image BOO!

#63 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:15 PM

Thanks! Lets just say I found both sites interesting. :weeee:

Do you intend to watch that show, that I discussed earlier?

#64 antenna

antenna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:39 PM

Yes, I hope to be able to catch the Peter Jennings show. I teach on Thursday nights and finish at 8 so I may miss the first bit of it -hopefully not too much.

Regardless of who is making them, I love to see footage of the crop circles-they're so beautiful! :rolleyes:
Posted Image BOO!

#65 ApparitionSeeker

ApparitionSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Film, Writing, Acting, Theatre, Ghost Seeking, Alamo History, Rock 'n' Roll, Spirituality, Cults

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:09 PM

I love crop circles. Amazing, even if they are fake. There are actually teams of people who will work together to make one overnight, but some of them are just amazing. Especially the reports about some where the grass was only bent, but never broken.

#66 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 07:32 PM

When it comes to the bending of crops / grass vs the breaking of it, it's simple physics. The larger the area you spread a force over, the less pressure is applied in one local area. (Pounds per square inch) For example... if you have a 200 lb person, standing on a one foot square, that is 1.4 pounds per square inch, which would break the crops off. But it you put that person on a piece of wood, 2 feet wide by 4 ft long, you now have a pressure of 0.17 pounds per square inch.. a lot less damage to the crops supporting the weight.

The same principle for saving yourself if you are on ice and it starts to crack. Instead of standing upright, lie down and spread your arms and leg. You decrease the amount of weight you are putting on the weak ice.

I know, who cares right? :)
Posted Image

#67 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:06 PM

When it comes to the bending of crops / grass vs the breaking of it, it's simple physics.  The larger the area you spread a force over, the less pressure is applied in one local area. (Pounds per square inch)  For example... if you have a 200 lb person, standing on a one foot square, that is 1.4 pounds per square inch, which would break the crops off.  But it you put that person on a piece of wood, 2 feet wide by 4 ft long, you now have a pressure of 0.17 pounds per square inch.. a lot less damage to the crops supporting the weight.

It seems to me that it would be pretty awkward to use a board, that you described, in the dark.Too many ways of leaving mistakes.(Example:Taking the edge of the board -- next to your heal -- and bumping it into the dirt.)
You would still be leaving a footprint. One foot on the board, while another foot keeps moving you along the ground.
Experts can still tell the difference, just as long as they (experts) can get to the site early enough before other people(public) start to walk over the field.
And how about the roughness and density of the board going against fragile crops? I think that damage to the crops could still be found sporadically throughout the field.

The same principle for saving yourself if you are on ice and it starts to crack.  Instead of standing upright, lie down and spread your arms and leg.  You decrease the amount of weight you are putting on the weak ice.

If you lay down and spread out your arms and legs, wouldn't that just transfer your body weight to your chest and abdominal areas?

#68 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 05:31 PM

Found some interesting web sites that should serve as fascinating reading. ;) :)

BLT Research Team Home Page

Plant Abnormalities

Magnetic Materials in Soil

Clay Mineral - XRD Study

#69 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 05:54 PM

It seems to me that it would be pretty awkward to use a board, that you described, in the dark.Too many ways of leaving mistakes.(Example:Taking the edge of the board -- next to your heal -- and bumping it into the dirt.)
You would still be leaving a footprint. One foot on the board, while another foot keeps moving you along the ground.
Experts can still tell the difference, just as long as they (experts) can get to the site early enough before other people(public) start to walk over the field.
And how about the roughness and density of the board going against fragile crops? I think that damage to the crops could still be found sporadically throughout the field.

I agree that it seems a little far fetched to go to all of that trouble, but IF somebody is going to play a hoax, and knows the media coverage that it will get, then I am sure that using the board or some similar device is not a big problem for them, compared to the complexity of the entire design. I am sure that not all circles are done in this manner, but I am just pointing out one possible solution. Also, if the perpetrators want to keep the professionals from discovering the truth, I don't see why they wouldnt arrange to be some of the first "spectators" on the scene, thus decreasing the chance of being found out by "contaminating" the site.

If you lay down and spread out your arms and legs, wouldn't that just transfer your body weight to your chest and abdominal areas?

It's a proven life saving technique.. the weight is distributed to your chest, your legs, your arms you stomach, and your waist area. It just decreases the amount of weight in one area, thus making it easier to cross the thinner ice. It's the same concept as snow shoes. Without them, you would sink up to your knees in the snow... with them, you can walk across the snow. :)
Posted Image

#70 RaoRao

RaoRao

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:ninja's, and girls

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:08 PM

i sort of belive in crop circle's, but i don't belive in the ones' that supposobly aliens made. i mean, they make them in over a night? that's amazing. i don't think that anyone can make a piece of art that good in over one night.

the movie Signs might explain a little about crop cirlces.
The Cyber-Netic Ninja RaoRao has returnedover 300 posts in the Fun-n-Games forum and still headin for the goldPosted Imagepm me if you can throw cardsi am looking for aim buddies!!!

#71 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 05:13 PM

I agree that it seems a little far fetched to go to all of that trouble, but IF somebody is going to play a hoax, and knows the media coverage that it will get, then I am sure that using the board or some similar device is not a big problem for them, compared to the complexity of the entire design.  I am sure that not all circles are done in this manner, but I am just pointing out one possible solution.  Also, if the perpetrators want to keep the professionals from discovering the truth, I don't see why they wouldn't arrange to be some of the first "spectators" on the scene, thus decreasing the chance of being found out by "contaminating" the site.

I think you're correct with your comment concerning the perpetrators gathering around the next day; that seems to be something they would do.

I am not to sure of the board though. Wouldn't they still need different sizes for certain intricate designs? (Unless of course, they only stuck with a plain, ordinary 360 design.) ;)

I still would not want to be out on the ice in that predicament. Knowing my luck, I would fall right through! ;) :)

Hey, don't forget to set your VCR for that UFO program on ABC with Peter Jennings 02/24/05. I hope that there will be something novel to the show. ;)

Also, I see where they re-worded your URL for your avatar.
Sooner or later they will get mine too at some of the other forums I belong to. ;)

#72 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:33 AM

I am sorry. I have seen the movie, but I still do not get what you mean. :huh:

#73 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 11:28 AM

I am sorry. I have seen the movie, but I still do not get what you mean. :huh:

crop circles are pretty much giant road signs according to that movie.
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#74 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 15 March 2005 - 01:50 AM

I'm pretty much convinced crop circles are all fakes, even the really elaborate ones. Why would anyone go to that trouble? Some people just get a kick out of "pulling one over" on other people. They still look pretty cool, though (although I'm sure the farmers aren't thinking that when they find one in their field).
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#75 whiskeysuicide

whiskeysuicide

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:. joe strummer <3 . the clash . the mescarleros . this rockin' world . reggae . elvis . kitty-cats . riots . supernatural . vampires. faeries . aliens . jurassic park . ghosts . graveyards . ramen noodles . my love. yer face . ATHF . DBZ . chalupas . animals . halloween . ookie spookie things . saving the world .

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:24 PM

i read somewheres that in testing the crops in some crop circles
the genetic codes or something was changed in it... ooh

Superior Galactic Grandma, after eatinga block of cheese, smoking three packsof cigarettes, and drinking a quart of milk... disgusting, that's the word ...R.I.P. Adam Sanders & Steve Harmonilove&missyouboth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users