Crop Circles

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 ICThings13

ICThings13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:I like rock, country, metal music, and the only rap music I like is Run DMC cause there not like Usher and Eminem, there funny!!!<br /><br />I love poetry, and drawing, going on the computer annd shopping.........when i have money! ONe weird thing about me is that I love cleaning my room, but thats the only thing I love cleaning. LOL!

Posted 25 January 2005 - 06:41 PM

I belive in crop circles, humans do make them but some crop circles would be impossible to make in 1 night!

I saw on t.v. that one time a plane flew over a crop and 15!!! min. later he flew back and a giant crop circle was there!!! Nobody can make a giant thing like that in one night, let alone 15 min.!!! :weeee:

:lol:
I'v got no idea what makes the other ones, but something must!!! :weeee:

=========================
I give my blessing!!! :weeee:

#2 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:42 PM

WOW ICEthings! Crop circles are a really interesting phenomena! Alot of therm have been debunked by farmers admitting to their actions, but some are just really "out of this world" Excuse the pun. I will try to dig up some info and see what I can find.
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#3 antenna

antenna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 09:41 AM

www.circlemakers.org
Posted Image BOO!

#4 antenna

antenna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 01:17 PM

:huh: Oops, sorry. I meant to say:

Circlemakers
Posted Image BOO!

#5 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 08:27 PM

I am not sure about the authenticity of this, and will have to research it more, but wasn't there also a belief that some of the circles are created by mini-tornadoes? This could account for there being a circle where there wasn't one 15 minutes prior.
Posted Image

#6 plindboe

plindboe

Has a pseudoscience radar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:I'm an atheist and a skeptic regarding paranormal beliefs, but nonetheless I find other people's belief systems fascinating. I think it's important for people who hold different beliefs to discuss with, and learn from, one another. The free exchange of ideas are essential to progress, and it's no coincidence that mankind's two greatest ideas, democracy and science, are based on this.<br /><br />Feel free to message me, if you want to talk. :)

Posted 28 January 2005 - 04:32 AM

I am not sure about the authenticity of this, and will have to research it more, but wasn't there also a belief that some of the circles are created by mini-tornadoes?  This could account for there being a circle where there wasn't one 15 minutes prior.

That is not a logical conclusion. A tornado can't create something so well-ordered as a crop circle. The logical conclusion is that the story probably didn't happen exactly as reported, as is usually the norm with such tv programs.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)

#7 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 28 January 2005 - 04:54 AM

www.circlemakers.org

antenna , did you ever tell us what your signature is all about? is it a ghost in a tv?..

ICthings13, I LOVE CROP CIRCLES, totally intriguing stuff! There is heaps on the net from memory about them...and hey, if the farmers can make a quid from the media to help them through tough times, good on them hehehe..some of them are very talented lol... BUT seriously, WHY would 'aliens' make crop cirlces? What is with the symbols anyhow?

Has anyone read 'Majestic' ? Its one of the best novels I have read, about aliens of course... They talk in there about different symbols etc appearing on the apparent crashed UFO found in roswell... Anyhow... I dont know if we'll find out any answers anytime in the near future, short of popping 24 hr video survelance on all crops all over the world! One day somone will get some indisputable evidence of the existance of aliens...OR the goverment might actually ADMIT they found one..!

#8 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 28 January 2005 - 05:10 AM

Has anyone read 'Majestic' ? Its one of the best novels I have read, about aliens of course...

YEP IVE READ IT A FEW YEARS BACK AND IT IS A GOOD BOOK
stupid caps lock! :(
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#9 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 03:26 PM

It would appear that there is some truth to what I said. Not full blown tornadoes mind you, but people have reported witnessing dark funnel like clouds (probably dust) in the area where some of the circles are seen.

Here is one such story. There are many more, but one should do it. :D

http://www.100megsfr...es/ufo02cac.htm
Posted Image

#10 antenna

antenna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 04:59 PM

antenna , did you ever tell us what your signature is all about? is it a ghost in a tv?..

Hi, Simmy. It's a watercolor painting that I did as part of my course work for art therapy training. The process is kind of like ink blots or seeing images in clouds. We mixed the colors on the page, looked for form in the swirls and gradations of color, and then added and took away color to draw out the form. This one would up looking like a ghostly smart alek, don't you think?
Posted Image BOO!

#11 WishingStar

WishingStar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:My four children, ghost hunting, religious debate, paganism, movies, and anything Disney.

Posted 28 January 2005 - 05:39 PM

I was fortunate to see three crop circles a couple of years ago when I was in England. One of them was kind of old and basically a wheel and spoke design. Another was triangular in configuration and very complex in design. The third was like a circular braid. I have to admit that after seeing these things up close it is hard to imagine they could have been created by a natural phenomenon like a tornado. Now I live by the motto "I want to believe." so I can't say that I think these things are entirely of human creation. On my fridge I have a postcard of an immense set of circles which appeared near Stonehenge in 1996. It claims that a pilot in the process of crop dusting passed over the area and saw nothing to speak of but when he returned over the area some 20 minutes later these circles had appeared. It is also noted that there were tourists nearby and within sight who were exploring the landscape around Stonehenge and allegedly noone saw these circles being created.

I have read several theories and one of the most interesting was the idea of these designs being created by electromagnetic fields. I'll have to remember what book I read that in. Maybe someone else can post more information.

Debbie a.k.a. "WishingStar" :)
Debbie a.k.a. ~*~WishingStar~*~

#12 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 28 January 2005 - 05:49 PM

Hi, Simmy. It's a watercolor painting that I did as part of my course work for art therapy training. The process is kind of like ink blots or seeing images in clouds. We mixed the colors on the page, looked for form in the swirls and gradations of color, and then added and took away color to draw out the form. This one would up looking like a ghostly smart alek, don't you think?

I honestly thought it was a spirit pic looking out through an old wooden framed tv set! COOL..

wow wishingstar, i'd love to see them, i wonder HOW they make them, i suppose a farmer could use one of his hay cutting machines to do them? but what if its aliens doing? how do they do it? Laser or somthing...they are interesting..!

#13 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 11:00 AM

I too, do not believe that this is caused by humans or natural phenomenon.

Sooner or later someone would catch people trying to pull this stunt. And tornadoes or twisters suck upward in a circular motion. A downward burst of wind might be considered a culprit, but just look at some of the crop circles' intricate designs.

Snowflakes are formed by droplets of water being tossed around in the clouds, while freezing, displaying different patterns. Still nothing close to crop circle designs.

Here is a snowflake.

Posted Image

Here is one of a crop circle. I honestly believe there is a considerable difference here. :lol:
Posted Image

Go here to read more.

#14 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 29 January 2005 - 11:24 AM

The circles made by hoaxers have been shown to have the stalks of the plants bent or bowed over in a haphazard fashion. The true phenomenal ones have been shown to have the stalks broken at a uniform height from plant to plant. They also are not bent or bowed like the hoaxes. The plants were shown to have clean breaks.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#15 WishingStar

WishingStar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:My four children, ghost hunting, religious debate, paganism, movies, and anything Disney.

Posted 29 January 2005 - 12:03 PM

[quote name='Boointhecity' date='Jan 29 2005, 04:00 PM']I too, do not believe that this is caused by humans or natural phenomenon.

Sooner or later someone would catch people trying to pull this stunt. And tornadoes or twisters suck upward in a circular motion. A downward burst of wind might be considered a culprit, but just look at some of the crop circles' intricate designs.

Snowflakes are formed by droplets of water being tossed around in the clouds, while freezing, displaying different patterns. Still nothing close to crop circle designs.

Here is a snowflake.

Posted Image

Here is one of a crop circle. I honestly believe there is a considerable difference here. :lol:
Posted Image

Go here to read more.
[/quote]
[QUOTE]

I agree. I am wondering why more people haven't been caught in the act of creating these circles if they are entirely a human creation. I also read about the differences in the condition of the plant stalks in the obvious fakes vs. the controversial and inexplicable circles. It just boggles the mind. :ph34r:

Debbie a.k.a. "WishingStar"
Debbie a.k.a. ~*~WishingStar~*~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users