Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

What kinds of scary movies do you like?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your favorite kind of scary movie?

What is your favorite kind of scary movie?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 14 February 2005 - 11:34 AM

I love phsycilogical horror films :D the kind that gets you thinking, in which they use mucis and atmosphere to induce the fear into you lol, i dont mind your average slashers if only for the comic relief they will no doubt have in the slasher films lol, but definatly phsychological :weeee:
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#17 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 21 February 2005 - 04:48 AM

The kind they don't make much any more: good ones.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#18 donnagall

donnagall

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:03 AM

hi everyone i love supernatural movies especially if they are based on true events.My favorite film is the new amityville horror and poltergiest :Spaz: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:

#19 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:09 PM

I like biographical movies that are almost fantastical like "Memoirs of a Geisha"

#20 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:18 PM

I love psychological thriller type movies... One of my favorite movies is "Donnie Darko" (and Jake isn't all that bad either...), just because the whole time you are trying to figure out if he is really seeing the "demonic rabbit" or if he is going crazy.

Killer on the loose films always have me in stitches (from laughing soooo hard).... Plus I can typically figure out the killer pretty fast. I did like "Scream" (yummmy... Skeet Ulrich) but that one also wasn't as obvious to me as a lot of the killer movies I watch.

I also enjoy the ghost stories, although the japenese knock offs are really getting old. I like the old ones... "Ghost Story", "The Changling".... Don't rely on special effects to make me jump...
Love life.

#21 Evil Doll

Evil Doll

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:We stole countries! That's how you build an empire. We stole countries with the cunning use of flags! Sail halfway around the world, stick a flag in. "I claim India for Britain." And they're going, "You can't claim us. We live here! There's five hundred million of us." "Do you have a flag?" "We don't need a flag, this is our country you b*stard!" - Eddie Izzard

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:40 PM

Supernatural for me. Although as long as there's plenty of blood and gore i'm happy lol

Posted Image

#22 erato

erato

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:1. Creative writing, mostly poetry, sporadic prose and script writing... <br />2. Art, I love my pencil *lol* paints to some extent... 3. Movies (except war, mindless killing and romance *ugh*), sci-fi freak for some time now, <br />3. Will read almost anything.. from fantasy to alternative history &amp; religious texts... <br />4.Interested in meeting people with similar interests esp in the supernatural and afterlife (which is why I'm here) <br />5. Spirit cleansing and connection <br />lets see.. yep i think that covers it.. (for now). <br /> <br />If you're interested in poetry, visit my rambling site.. <br />http://of-moons-and-tongues.bebo.com/

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:33 AM

Anyone seen the series 'medium'? Just borrowed the first dvd and its pretty neat.. a spin off on the ghost whisperer chronicles I think. Nevertheless, interesting watch. Also saw 'the return' (with 'Buffy' all grown up) the story line was good I thought. (not very high on the scare factor though)...

If you're into foreign flicks like the original 'grudge' and 'the ring'.. you might want to check out these Thai productions that caught my eye.

"ghost game", "Art of the Devil I & II".. it gives you an insight into the dark arts in the country.. very freaky that way... gorey and dark..
In Peace & Light,~Erato“In morals what begins in fear usually ends in wickedness; in religion what begins in fear usually ends in fanaticism. Fear, either as a principle or a motive, is the beginning of all evil.” Anna Jameson---"While I thought I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die" Leonardo Da Vinci ---Friedrich Nietzche: "you must have chaos within you, to give birth to a dancing star" ---George Orwell: "One cannot really be a catholic and grown up" ---

#23 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:19 PM

Make mine a suspenseful paranormal thriller. Blood and guts don't do it so much for me; true scary comes not knowing everything!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#24 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:37 PM

I love old classic Alfred Hitchock movies and ones that take place in a dark creepy mansion like the "Spiral Staircase" and "The Uninvited". The only two movies that ever scared me though are Halloween I ( and most of the following Halloween movies) and The Exorcist.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#25 kithrox

kithrox

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Aside from the obvious, I love my dogs, shopping, fashion, drawing watching movies and TV, music, concerts, sand volleyball, playing board games and guitar hero<br /><br />I've been into the paranormal since I was about 5. Since then I have been reading and watching anything regarding the paranormal, especially ghosts.

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:23 PM

I am definitely more into paranormal horror films than any other form. I am not into the whole straightforward scary movie with gore and maniac killers, nor am i into science fiction stuff. There's something about the paranormal that is sincerely terrifying! :(
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?Just because you're paranoidDon't mean they're not after you!

#26 ghosthuntress16

ghosthuntress16

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:13 AM

Normally I would say the paranormal type - I first saw The Exorcist 8 years ago, and I still think that it is the scariest movie of all time! However, I am finding myself very much attracted to the "killer on the loose type" that isnt your typical slasher flick. For example, The Silence of the Lambs. I saw that movie when I was maybe 10 or 11, and now, at the tender age of 19, I am still scared to walk alone at night on my college campus because I dont want to be kidnapped and flayed by Buffalo Bill! Plus, Hannibal Lector is amazingly creepy. So, I suppose I do have a bit of a weak spot for "human monsters"
Believe as if your life depended on it, for indeed it does.

#27 airhead

airhead

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:56 PM

I like the Ghostbusters and the Poltergeist movies.

Edited by airhead, 15 June 2007 - 04:58 PM.

Posted Image

#28 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:56 PM

Im not too big on horror they either over scare me (I have an imagination like this big*holds out hands*) and I dont sleep for nights afterwards (the first time I watched Michael Jacksons thriller video I couldnt watch it) or I find them extremely boring.

Comody horrors are cool such as the Adams Family.

I like psychological thrillers but sometimes they scare me.

I force my self to watch Vampire and werewolf films because Im usually scared but love them so much, such as, Blade, Underworld, american werewolf in london, Van Helsing, From Dusk till dawn (Quitin Tarentino rawks :() plus I love alien/ space films, so I go with sci-fi/ fantasy.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#29 angelicus

angelicus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:59 PM

I love old classic Alfred Hitchock movies and ones that take place in a dark creepy mansion like the "Spiral Staircase" and "The Uninvited". The only two movies that ever scared me though are Halloween I ( and most of the following Halloween movies) and The Exorcist.

I agree with you, GhostCat, Halloween I is a classic. The Exorcist is very disturbing, even though I saw it twice. Back in the 1973, I saw one of the sets for the film. It was housed in a
studio on the West Side of Manhattan. I remember it was very dim and depressing.

#30 Alleycat

Alleycat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:My son, reading, music, playing guitar, and anything to do with the paranormal.

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:05 PM

I agree with you, GhostCat, Halloween I is a classic. The Exorcist is very disturbing, even though I saw it twice. Back in the 1973, I saw one of the sets for the film. It was housed in a
studio on the West Side of Manhattan. I remember it was very dim and depressing.

If I remember right, strange things happened to some of the cast and crew while they were filming The Exorcist. Still one of my all time favorites. Psycho and The Birds and Alien also rate high on my list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users