Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

What kinds of scary movies do you like?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your favorite kind of scary movie?

What is your favorite kind of scary movie?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 29 January 2005 - 07:48 PM

I was just wondering which kind of movie everyone considers really scary.
For me it is paranormal. They seem more real. :(
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#2 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 09:28 PM

I would say paranormal because they are based on real life things (I can't think of the word argggggg :) ). They manage to touch on peoples dark and hidden fear of the unknown. Just about everybody has been frightened by something unseen at some point in their life, and the paranormal movies reinforce that.

Sci fi movies tend to go beyond realism and rely heavily on special effects, and mystery movies are usually predictable.
Posted Image

#3 amyo0o0

amyo0o0

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 09:29 PM

Paranormal for me..And anything w/ spooky kids. I don't know why, but that scares me..... Amy

#4 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 29 January 2005 - 09:40 PM

Gotta be paranormal. I am tired of slasher movies.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#5 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,378 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 29 January 2005 - 11:20 PM

I AGREE WITH Axman...I LOVE SLASHER MOVIES BUT I WOULD RATHER SEE SOMETHING THAT SCARES THE HELL OUT OF ME MORE.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#6 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 30 January 2005 - 01:42 AM

:ph34r: I LOVE implied fright, something that just kinda dangles you out there with music & just really not much of anything but your imagination. There were some really good movies out there a long time ago & some of them have been remade, but, none have come close to the originals to me. I think that the more simple the aspects the better the scare....the unknown, who isn't afraid of that?
It's just Becca Posted Image

#7 star_2_glitter_4_u

star_2_glitter_4_u

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 06:33 PM

Mysteries..

I love to figure out "Who did It " before the ending...

Starla :weeee:

#8 TheSurfer

TheSurfer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 07:22 PM

I'll tell you a good scary one is Dead of Night. Its an old black and white British movie, and its really creepy

#9 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 07:28 PM

Do zombies fit on the killer on the loose or paranormal type? :unsure:

Anyway, Slasher, or killer on the loose movies scare me the most. Real people can be infinitely more frightening than those of the ghostly variety.
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#10 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 07 February 2005 - 04:11 PM

I like paranormal, supernatural, and mystery.
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#11 snoopymom

snoopymom

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 10:44 PM

Psychological horror! Those are my favorite (when they are done right) :) :)
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. --Charles SchulzPosted Image

#12 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 08 February 2005 - 10:53 PM

I'm not big on the horror aspect...... it isn't so much that I am scared, I just find it to be abnoxious and unnecessary.... I prefer the paranormal, psychological aspect..... "Stir of Echoes" was an excellent movie...... little gore, but suspenseful.... I enjoyed "Stigmata", and "The Ninth Gate" as well( that had Johnny Depp :) and the religious aspect.....
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#13 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:46 AM

I really like the paranormal...but it dont scare me as much as what a real person can do to me! :blink:

I would just freak out about what some people are capable doing to others...I would fill more safe with the paranormal!

Sooo..Killer on the loose...Yes! Way more scary! :o
"You only get 1 shot!"

#14 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:13 PM

little_light, unfortunately, you are right.... real people are MUCH scarier!! I just like the paranormal becuase of the suspense, and, well, the paranormal, lol............
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#15 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:21 PM

I like the paranormal movies because of the suspense, and they are more entertaining to watch.
-Chris-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users