Haunted Ohio?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16 Got Ghosts

Got Ghosts

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:20 PM

Try http://www.hauntedhocking.com. There are plenty of places in Southeastern Ohio-the Hocking Hills to check out. There are also programs where you can get involved in proving or debunking ghosts with equipment. Next month, there is going to be a program at Moonville Tunnel. Keep your eye out. . .Haunted Hocking Hills in Ohio

#17 jkachuba

jkachuba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:29 PM

Thanks, Got Ghosts, for opening up this topic after two years. There's plenty of ghostly things to talk about in Ohio!

I've written about over three dozen haunted locations in Ohio in my book, Ghosthunting Ohio. Each of these sites are open to the public and I personally visited everyone of them. I've also added photos, maps, and travel info, so you can do your own ghost hunting. Good luck!

John Kachuba

#18 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:40 PM

I'll recommend the Kelton House museum in Columbus www.keltonhouse.com, where I'm a volunteer. I'll be darned if the spirits don't play a prank on me every single time I work there. They have special ghost tours and events there in October arranged through the Columbus Landmarks Foundation. The ghosts are known to be especially active then. I'd also be more than happy to give you a personalized ghost tour some Sunday when I'm on duty during the cold months. We're actually allowed to give ghost tours at any time on request, but we get so many vistors in during the warm months that it gets a little chaotic.

#19 jkachuba

jkachuba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:52 PM

And, of course, there's also the Thurber House and the Lofts Hotel, both in Columbus.

John Kachuba
Author, Ghosthunting Ohio

#20 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:25 AM

I've read about Kelton house and The Thurber house. I'd like to visit both before too long. One of my favorite haunted spots is Zoar Village, soth of Canton off of I-77. It's a great little historic town, and quite a few ghost stories.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#21 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:24 AM

Yeah, I've heard good things about Zoar Village, too.

Here is a list of most of the haunted places in central Ohio that I know about. The majority of them are open to the public, although not necessarily for people to come in and do paranormal investigations.

#22 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:57 AM

One of these times we plan on making it to Zoar, awhile back Dave and I were playing around with an OUIJA board, and came in contact with a spirit by the name of Emily Behume, she said she is buried in one of Zoars cemeteries, I think it would be cool to see if we could verify something like that. Dave and I have never been to Zoar yet, so this was interesting when we got this message. She had even given the year she died in, and we asked who was the president, while I forget now what year she said, I remember that she said Franklin Roosevelt, I looked up his presidency on the computer and that the date was accurate. Needless to say I got goosebumps, neither Dave or I had a clue about Franklin Roosevelt over the years he was president, so we really think we came in contact with her. I remember her saying she was also never married, because she was younger. I think she died in an auto accident. Seemed interesting because they did have cars then too. But one of these days we will travel to Zoar and check it out. I here that they put on a good show during the month of October for the town over their ghostcandlelight walks.
On another note, we would like to check out the Loft hotel too, because of what John wrote in his book and it seems that we could get permission for an investigation there. Still not sure how soon that would be though, we've got quite a bit under our belts right now. Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#23 DarkMasterChaos

DarkMasterChaos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:My interst is all things supernatural, all that people may or may not beleive and sometimes hide their beleifs in fear.

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:09 PM

Good to know some local haunts
I am divided into the Light and the Abyss.Today I travel the Light.Tomorrow the Abyss.But always I travel.I am divided into the Light and the Abyss.I am the Light.I am the Abyss.

#24 bradford63

bradford63

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Running, Spending time with my wife and kids

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:27 AM

Also don't forget to check out the Haunted Ohio books by Chris Woodyard. :clap:

#25 shatzi

shatzi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 02:59 PM

I stayed in Ironton, OH with my in laws while my husband was overseas. The library is said to be haunted. Stands on a site of a former doctor's house. The people up in the research room have no problem talking about the strange things. They told me that they come in and unlock the door and sometimes entire shelves of books are on the floor.
Plus Woodland Cemetery (I think that's the name) in Ironton has a few legends.

#26 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:17 PM

Anyone know of any interesting places (besides Fort Meigs) in the Toledo Area?

Raven Hecate
Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:23 PM

Check out John's book Ghosting Hunting Ohio, he has some unique stories in there. I also just picked up another book too by Chris WoodYard called "Ghost Hunter's Guide to Haunted Ohio" Since you're near Toledo check out the hauntings at Cedar Point and Bowling Green University, I don't think they are that far from you. Chris also has other books out about haunted Ohio in 5 volumes, you can find them in any book store under the Ohio travel section. I do have another book but I would have some digging to do, I think the autors name is Edrick Thay? But it's about Ohio Haunts too! Hope that helps! Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#28 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:37 PM

Thanks, Julie. I'm a little ways from Cedar Point (a few hours, not a great distance but my car in not in the best shape right now) but I'm only 20- minutes from BGSU. As a matter of fact, my partner is a senoir there and will be graduating in December. I'll have to check it out. Thanks
Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 RevKeltina

RevKeltina

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Family history, ghost hunting, reading and gardening.

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:31 AM

The Canton Society of Paranormal Activity has a listing of Ohio hauntings....Toledo area hauntings are listed in the Haunted Locations section under Lucas County.

http://cspa.bravehost.com/

#30 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:04 PM

What an exhaustive list! That's a great resource. =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users