47 replies to this topic

#31 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:33 PM

Hey, Thanks, RevKeltina, for that website. I does have quite a cool list. I think I will have to check into some of those locations.

Raven Hecate
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 RevKeltina

RevKeltina

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Family history, ghost hunting, reading and gardening.

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:15 AM

We're just getting started in checking them all out. We want to go out and get photos of all the ones that are still standing. Our plan is to try and get permission to get inside some of the privatly owned ones but, we'll at least have photos of the ones we can't get into.

#33 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:59 PM

Prospect Place and Moonville Tunnel seem to be pretty active and accessible to the public.

I gotta put a plug in for Prospect Place. When I was there a year ago in September, I got a great evp, but it wasn't that active. I just went back a couple of weeks ago, and wow, what a difference! I got another great evp right off the bat, followed by a very fruitful evening. According to the psychic I was with, the ghosts of the original owners are now seeing a benefit in having investigators come in, in terms of how the money raised is going towards restoring their beloved home. So, they've decided that it's in their best interest to keep the money flowing in by interacting with the guests as much as possible. They surely didn't disappoint.

I've posted some evps in the evps forum if you want to hear what I'm talking about.

#34 clement5566

clement5566

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:55 PM

I live in Athens County so what better then to get it from a local. I see that everyone has told you about the obvious haunts. But there is also the old Tuberculosis hospital at the Ridges, and the cemetaries there as well, it makes it much more interesting if you can get ahold of the old files there. The Human Services building located in Chauncey used to be the old idigent housing and the cemtary for that is located across the street and up the road on sand run rd. Hmmm lets see there is Boils in new straitsville, Wolfe cemetary in haydenville, Simms cemetary in Athens Not to mention the hords of haunted houses in the area. Of which my family owns one. OHHHh and not to forget "The most haunted place in the county" Mt. Nebo. If you are interested in visting I'm up for a tour.

#35 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:17 PM

I'm going to be guilty here of putting in a shameless plug. Dave and I have been asked to be tour guides on an upcoming Ghost tour in North East Ohio on Oct. 27th. Granted I'm not up to the walking bit so I will be in an imobole location on this tour while Dave will be getting the cemetery. You may check out the tour at www.goodwinhousebb.com . It is in Burton Ohio. All the Hauntings are based on historical fact and no tricks or stunts will be pulled on this tour....so whatever experieces happen will be legit. Dave and I have met with Robyn, the owner last weekend, and picked up some high spikes on the EMF around the dining room table in B&B, and this was just for a casual meeting with her. We are making plans tonight to stay at the B&B this Sunday for an overnight investigation. If you're interested there are only 132 seats availible on this tour and they are filling up fast...so come out, get a personal experience, and Dave and I would love to meet some other local GV'ers from Ohio. Thanks, Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#36 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:22 PM

I'm going to be guilty here of putting in a shameless plug. Dave and I have been asked to be tour guides on an upcoming Ghost tour in North East Ohio on Oct. 27th. Granted I'm not up to the walking bit so I will be in an imobole location on this tour while Dave will be getting the cemetery. You may check out the tour at www.goodwinhousebb.com . It is in Burton Ohio. All the Hauntings are based on historical fact and no tricks or stunts will be pulled on this tour....so whatever experieces happen will be legit. Dave and I have met with Robyn, the owner last weekend, and picked up some high spikes on the EMF around the dining room table in B&B, and this was just for a casual meeting with her. We are making plans tonight to stay at the B&B this Sunday for an overnight investigation. If you're interested there are only 132 seats availible on this tour and they are filling up fast...so come out, get a personal experience, and Dave and I would love to meet some other local GV'ers from Ohio. Thanks, Julie

Wow, I might have to look into that. I think I'm off work that weekend. Sounds cool.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:50 PM

Wow, I might have to look into that. I think I'm off work that weekend. Sounds cool.

We hope you can make it. This B&B has little known history of it being haunted. But when we walked in, we both got a strange feeling that we were welcome by someone else, other than the Innkeeper. As we were sitting at a table interviewing her, I decided to take an evp sweep of the room that we were in. It seemed that there were visitors sitting in the empty chairs around the table. I had very high emf readings above the chairs and low emf readings between the chairs. Then I went to a different room and did a sweep and got low readings. I then went back to the same room that we were in and did another sweep of the chairs and got really low normal readings. They were just sitting in the chairs and then they were gone. The next day the owner called me and told me that she was working on the pute and someone whispered her name in her ear. I believe we stirred up the silent spirits in that house. They know who we are and they know what we do. It should be a fun night doing this tour for this lady. Thanks! Dave

Edited by damckie, 29 August 2007 - 02:55 PM.

Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#38 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:09 PM

Oooo... sounds great. I will have to check my budget and see where I'm at at the time, but that does sound great. Plus it will give me a chance to meet two great people from GV :hug:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:57 PM

Oooo... sounds great. I will have to check my budget and see where I'm at at the time, but that does sound great. Plus it will give me a chance to meet two great people from GV :D

Rave, That would be cool if you can make it. There is so much history behind the city of Burton. I grew up in a town just 12 miles to the west of Burton. It's also Amish country. The people there are all good! If you decide to go, see if there is a room available that night at the Inn. They only have 2 rooms in that B&B. Not very many. If you need to stay at a different place, let me know and I can hook you up somewhere else close by. Thanks! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#40 clement5566

clement5566

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:08 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Hocking Hills Investigation team is going to be doing a haunted tour of Ash cave in the Hocking Hills (Hocking County, Ohio) on September 14 2007. Everyone is meeting there at 8 pm. Sounds like it could be a good time. I certiainly will be there and hopefully we can meet some more gv members.

#41 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:29 PM

While we're putting in plugs, the Columbus Landmarks Foundation's yearly Halloween ghost tours are coming up the last 2 weeks of October. We've canvassed the neighborhoods for new ghost stories and have added in at least one new thing on every tour. They have been putting my knowledge as a paranormal researcher and medium to good use, that's for sure! The bus tour has been almost completely reworked, and there is now a Haunts on High tour that has a few previously unpublished stories. We've still kept the old favorites like the Kelton House, too.

For more information check out the Columbus Landmarks Foundation's website at http://www.columbusl...ms/#ghost_walks
They will be posting more details closer to the tour dates.

For an idea of just how haunted the area is, you can also check out my list of Central Ohio hauntings at http://www.eeriecana...ohiohaunts.html. I don't have the new sites listed there, so you'll have to take the tours to find out about them. :Spaz:

#42 DreamWeaving

DreamWeaving

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:10 PM

I think Athen's haunted Ridges mental hospital has been on some TV shows for being haunted.

#43 clement5566

clement5566

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:16 PM

Yes it is. The only problem is that it is owned by Ohio University and used as classrooms and offices these days. It's hard to get a tour there unless your someone special. But the ridges cemetery is open to the public and thats creepy enough on its own.

#44 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:40 AM

This has been a great Halloween season. The Kelton House is espcially active. There have been 2 full body apparition sightings in the past week and a half. Even better is that I saw one of them! Iíd seen things there a couple of times in the past, but they were both so quick and vague that I couldnít be sure. This time was definite. I was in the carriage house vacuuming after a wedding, and my coworker went downstairs to take care of some things. A minute or 2 later, I saw someone walking up to me from my side. The person was dark, so I thought my coworker was just backlit from the light in the next room. It was clearly a person, though, swinging its arms and moving its legs as it came towards me. I turned my head to ask my coworker if she had forgotten something, and there was no one there. A handful of other little things happened throughout the night as well. I must say, this is one of the best job perks Iíve ever had. LOL!

If you want to check the place out while its so active, there are still some spots available on the Columbus Landmarks Foundationís Spooky South tour on Tuesday night. http://www.columbusl...osttour2007.php The ghosts are known to play pranks during the last tour every season, so your chance of something interesting happening is pretty good.

Edited by AbbeyGal, 29 October 2007 - 11:41 AM.

#45 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:31 AM

We hope you can make it. This B&B has little known history of it being haunted. But when we walked in, we both got a strange feeling that we were welcome by someone else, other than the Innkeeper. As we were sitting at a table interviewing her, I decided to take an evp sweep of the room that we were in. It seemed that there were visitors sitting in the empty chairs around the table. I had very high emf readings above the chairs and low emf readings between the chairs. Then I went to a different room and did a sweep and got low readings. I then went back to the same room that we were in and did another sweep of the chairs and got really low normal readings. They were just sitting in the chairs and then they were gone. The next day the owner called me and told me that she was working on the pute and someone whispered her name in her ear. I believe we stirred up the silent spirits in that house. They know who we are and they know what we do. It should be a fun night doing this tour for this lady. Thanks! Dave

The Duchess and I spent a night here this past Sunday. Nothing paranormal happened during our stay. But, I must say that it is a great place, and Robyn is a gracious hostess. And they've got jacuzzi tubs big enough for two poeple!

Robyn and I spoke alot. I may be invovled with next year's ghost event if my schedule permits it.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users