• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 psychicdreamer

psychicdreamer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 01:54 PM

I know I asked this once before, but does anyone on here live in Ohio that knows of some pretty cool haunted places/buildings/etc.?  (preferably in Central to Southeast Ohio)
Confucious say: Man who walk sideways in airport turnstile is going to Bangkok.Men are like parking spaces; all the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped.

#2 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 02:10 PM

check this site out
[ftp]http://www.deadohio.com/MainMenu.htm[/ftp]
or  

[ftp]http://members.tripod.com/snap7901/id2.htm[/ftp]

#3 psychicdreamer

psychicdreamer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 02:12 PM

Thanks  :D
Confucious say: Man who walk sideways in airport turnstile is going to Bangkok.Men are like parking spaces; all the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped.

#4 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 02:33 PM

i can get more if you like

#5 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 03:48 PM

Prospect Place and Moonville Tunnel seem to be pretty active and accessible to the public.

For more Central/Southern Ohio sites, you might want to try checking out the haunted places section of the Forgotten Ohio website.

http://forgottenoh.com/page1.html
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#6 psychicdreamer

psychicdreamer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 04:39 PM

See, I've been to Vinton County out by the Moonville Tunnel, and have fished in Raccoon Creek, right next to one of the original tressels, and have been to Hope Furnace and all that there.  I have also been to Elisabeth's Grave, and Crosskeys (the local watering hole, lol).  I'm looking for little-known places, new ones.  I have been to so many already (the Octagon house in Circleville is pretty cool looking).

BTW, I like your icon Camille.  I love "Donnie Darko".

#7 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 04:47 PM

how are you making out with the ohio search

#8 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 05:12 PM

Gotcha.  So you're passed the basic places then, huh?  There is one place by Moonville, called the Haydenville Tunnel.  It has a ghostly history similar to Moonville, but is actually part of an old ghost town.  There's a cemetery nearby (actually practically on top of the tunnel).  Someone sent me pics recently of his exploration of the tunnel and cemetery.  Pretty creepy.  Of course, both the cemetery and tunnel are reputedly haunted.

There's an abandoned cemetery on London Groveport Road in Franklin County, next to Darby creek, that is supposedly active.  Don't know much about the history, but instead based this on a report I received from one of my website's readers.  Mostly orb photos and unexplained lights, that sort of thing.

Up further in Knox County, on Johnstown Road in Centerburg, there is supposedly an abandoned house (reader said it looked like a castle) next to a lake.  Legend has it that it was a gangster hangout that used to belong to old man Robin, who is buried in a cemetery in the nearby woods.  The neat thing is that he was buried standing up--at his request--so that he may continue to watch over his property in the afterlife.

Well, hope this helps.  

Happy hunting!

P.S.  Cool, you like Donnie Darko, too?  What a great movie (and soundtrack).  Word is, they're re-releasing it in theatres this summer.  Can't wait!
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#9 psychicdreamer

psychicdreamer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:46 AM

So, I bought tickets for what I thought was just a special event at SIFF. Turns out to be the world premier of the re-release theatrical version of Donnie Darko.

I guess Richard Kelly got to add an extra 33 minutes and send it back the theater, which was great because it didnt play here in the theaters at all.

This was from a board that I am on that I read a few days ago.......not sure when it hits all states though.  The re-release!

#10 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:06 AM

There is one place by Moonville,

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:58 PM

Moon, seriously, you crack me up.  

#12 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:00 PM

me too Posted Image

#13 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 08:12 PM

the university of ohio in athens has a dormitory that is quite haunted.there are 5 local cemetaries in that area on the map and if you pinpoint them out the figure comes to form a pentagram.there is also an abandoned asylum there that was opened in 1875and there are basements and tunnels in the building that spirits wander. they were moving patients from the building and one of them a woman escaped and they searched the entire place and never could find her. she was finally found years later and where she had laid on the floor in the third floor area there is a mark on the floor left from the body. they say she haunts this building.at the university in wilso hall there have been 2 suicides by 2 young girls, one was practicing the black arts in her dorm room and when she committed suicide she drew different forms on the walls in her room with her own blood.another girl was assigned that same room and she noticed what looked like a face of a demon on the door going into the room.after a few weeks the girl wasn't seen on campus and some friends went to check on her and they found her dead.the walls still have blood that seeps through the paint no matter hoe many times its painted. there are ghost tours on the campus and when you enter this room(which is now a boiler room) you can feel someone or something slap you in the face. doors will slam and you can hear things banging around.

#14 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 08:16 PM

Wow thats scary. I guess Ohio has alot of haunted ereas

#15 Kalyn8261

Kalyn8261

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Location:x0|Millersport|USA||0|0|OH,Ohiox0|Millersport|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio

Posted 25 June 2004 - 09:26 AM

Mud House Mansion in Lancaster, OH
Hocking Hills in Logan Ohio. There is bunch of caves and stuff that are supposedly haunted and they have some interesting stories behinde them.
The Buxton Inn in Granville Ohio
Athens, Ohio has ALOT of places to check out and it's just a creepy town anyway. My brother lives there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users