Ohio hauntings

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 wilsongirl

wilsongirl

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:39 AM

go to ohio state university to wilson hall they have a haunted dormitory there and they have ghost tours of it.

Wilson Hall is at Ohio University in Athens, and they don't have ghost tours, it is still a functioning dorm building and the home to students. I will be moving into Wilson Hall in September.

#17 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:11 PM

wow Ohio must have the most hauntings  

Strangely enough, Ohio was ranked 39th in the Haunted Tours "Most Haunted States" list, while Alaska was listed as 7th(?!!!). Personally, I'd have to say Ohio has at least got to be in the top ten. I've been working on some things for the Columbus Landmarks Foundations yearly ghost tours and came up with over 50 known hauntings in Columbus alone, with 25 of those being in a relatively small area downtown. It makes me wonder how many more there are they we haven't even heard about yet.

#18 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:30 PM

wow Ohio must have the most hauntings  

yes we do! Ohio is a hot spot state for them to make it their home. You can also try Morley Music Hall. That is located in Painesville. The most active and haunted building in Northeast Ohio. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#19 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:58 AM

Let's not forget the Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield. I will never forget all that happened the night I was there, and boy! Do I want to go back someday! :ghost:
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#20 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:21 PM

The House of Wills in Cleveland is a former funeral parlor that is open for investigations. My friends who have investigated there said it is quite active.

#21 grimshawl

grimshawl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:all things paranormal, cemetery photography, odd and forgotten history and locations, fishing, reading, gaming.

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:27 PM

The House of Wills is quite a place I have been there once and am going back next month for a second investigation. The Twin City Opera House in SE Ohio is another great haunted location in Ohio to check out also.
Still full of Wonder at the Worlds Workings, looking for some of the ansers and most of the questions. Lost and Found Ohio

#22 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:40 PM

Oh, yes, I'll second the recommendation for Twin City Opera House. I have had some weird things happen there. The Central Ohio Ghost Squad, who manage the investigations for the theater, are also very nice to work with.

#23 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

The History Press just released my book, A Haunted History of Columbus, Ohio this week. Several of the sites in it are either open to the public (OP) or allow investigations (I). In some cases, a historic place or event affected an entire neighborhood (N), so some of the public spaces in the area might be worth investigating. They are:

1. The Beck Street/Latham Road neighborhood (N)
2. The Ohio State University (N)
2. Kelton House Museum & Garden (OP)- absolutely no investigations allowed
3. Snowden-Gray House/Kappa Kappa Kappa Headquarters (OP)
4. The Jury Room (OP) - make sure to eat there, because the food is excellent
5. Leatherlips' Grave (OP)
6. Harrison House Bed & Breakfast (OP) (I) - do not even think of going here unless you are willing to be respectful to the spirits. Absolutely no provoking is allowed.
7. Palace Theater (OP)
8. Franklinton (N) - 1913 Flood and Tripler Hospital
9. The Ohio State University Main Library (OP)
10. Ohio Theatre (OP)

I don't know if any of the OP places aside from the Harrison House allow investigations, and the Kelton House definitely does not. Chances are that they get so many requests to do investigations at those places that, if they allow them at all, there is probably a charge. I've listed them more for psychics or other people who just want to get a feel of the place without necessarily doing any hard core investigations there.

For the ones marked N, please be respectful of the private residences and businesses in the area. If you lived there, would you want people knocking on your door all the time about possible hauntings?

#24 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

6. Harrison House Bed & Breakfast (OP) (I) - do not even think of going here unless you are willing to be respectful to the spirits. Absolutely no provoking is allowed.

Correction - The Harrison House Bed & Breakfast no longer allows active investigations. It's still a great place to stay if you are hoping for a ghostly experience, though.

#25 jkachuba

jkachuba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

Many of the Ohio University stories, including the "pentagram cemeteries" and a ghost tour at Wilson Hall are just that, stories. Sorry, folks. BUT, OU's Lin HAll, nicknamed "The Ridges" (formerly the Athens Lunatic Asylum) is the real deal. I'm a professor at OU and was on campus for eight years and investigated The Ridges. You can read about it in my book, "Ghosthunters: On the Trail of Mediums, Dowsers, Spirit Seekers nad Other Investigators of America's Paranoraml World" (New Page Books).

I've also investigated almost 100 locations in Ohio. You can check them out in "Ghosthunting Ohio" and "Ghosthunting Ohio: On the Road Again." All the places in my books are open to the public so you can do your own ghosthunting.

John Kachuba

#26 kitkia2

kitkia2

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

mansfield penatentary in mansfied ohio is very active

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users