How would I talk to a spirit...?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Stitched Cadaver

Stitched Cadaver

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:I'm an otaku and an artist first and foremost. Other than that I write and study, wether for school or personal growth. Diva's and spiritual entities are captivating to me, my interst in them sparked by a series of rather nasty dreams...

Posted 03 February 2005 - 07:28 PM

How would one go about comunicating with a spirit that resists most conventional methods?

Thus far I've tried Ouija and card divination. In general it just spits out incoherent letters and cards turn up completely random patterns with no message.

I'm trying to find out its origins and why it is present, but as of yet all I get is the word 'Hollow.'
"One that was a woman, sir, but, rest her soul, she's dead." Hamlet, Act V, Scene IHow now brown cow! HOW NOW INDEED!!! AHAHAHAHA!!

#2 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:00 PM

First off, there must be a ghost / spirit present in order to communicate with one! I must ask how you're so sure of a ghost if it doesn't communicate through "most conventional methods".

If you're sure there's a ghost / spirit, try something more simple - say a tape recorder. Ask a question then pause long enough for an answer. Most likely your natural ears won't hear a reply even if the tape captures one. I'm sure people on the EVP have at least one thread on the do's and don'ts of recording.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#3 Stitched Cadaver

Stitched Cadaver

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:I'm an otaku and an artist first and foremost. Other than that I write and study, wether for school or personal growth. Diva's and spiritual entities are captivating to me, my interst in them sparked by a series of rather nasty dreams...

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:25 PM

The thing just.... IS there. It's more of a sense than anything else. As I've said, the only real thing it's ever said to me is 'Hollow' on Oujia board when I asked its name, then it wouldn't answer anything else.

But thank you, I will check into EVP.
"One that was a woman, sir, but, rest her soul, she's dead." Hamlet, Act V, Scene IHow now brown cow! HOW NOW INDEED!!! AHAHAHAHA!!

#4 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:35 PM

Stitched Cadaver, Thomas Edison was working on a machine to communicate with the dead. The theory he was hoping to prove was that spirits could talk to the living through a recording device. He was also fascinated by spirit photography and thought if spirits could be caught on film, why not electronically? In the October 30, 1920 issue of Scientific American there was an article about Edison working on a machine to record spirit voices. As Thomas Edison puts it when working on his own devices for contacting the dead, "I am inclinded to beleive that our personality hereafter will be able to affect matter. If this reasoning be correct, then, if we can evolve an instrument so delicate as to be affected, or moved, or manupulated by our personality as it survives the next life, such a instrument, when made available, ought to record soemthing." Later, when he died in 1931, he had not completed his project and left no mahines or plans behinde. Edison's dream was realized in the later half of the 20th century and now we may once again enjoy communication with a departed loved one through the simple cassette recorder.

So basically all in all just use a tape recorder. :D
-Chris-

#5 Stitched Cadaver

Stitched Cadaver

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:00 PM

Thank you for your feedback. I'll report back if I have any sucsess. If anyone else has any advice feel free to post it.

#6 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 05 February 2005 - 12:39 AM

assuming there is a spirit in your house (there is no way to really tell without a thorough investigation) the ouija is probably working just fine. The problem comes in when spirits don't want to reveal anything and play tricks and don't give straight answers. Your house needs to be investigated to know for sure if you have a haunting to begin with, after that, evp is a great way to break the ice providing it wants to communicate with you. If you get no results, have someone else talk to the spirit and see if that person gets any results. they can be very fickle and commincate with one person while the other gets nothing. I have seen it happen way to many times.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Stitched Cadaver

Stitched Cadaver

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:44 PM

wel, that's the funny thing. It's not so much a house based haunting. we just moved over the summer and it followed us.

#8 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 05 February 2005 - 06:42 PM

We didnt discuss what conventional methods were used exactly in the past did we? :huh:

I apply the same basic courtesy that I would apply to any living human being . We all deserve respect unless we give up that right by being rude and pushy. :weeee:

The Golden Rule would be of good use here I believe. :huh:

Rockhauler2k1

Respect Breeds Respect
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#9 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:17 AM

Exactly, Rock. Whenever I ghost hunt, I first spend about 15 minutes just talking to them. My house has a few ghosts or spirits, & I'm always talking to them, as if I could see them.

I've let them know that I don't mind them being here, just don't scare me. :)

If you don't know what to say, just try talking to them about how your day went. It's better if you do this alone, that way they will know you are speaking to them. Just be polite. Maybe that will make them more comfortable in "talking back". :lol:
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#10 dannyboy

dannyboy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:ghosts,egypt,ufos me kids me kids again and unhealthy food with red wine or vodka

Posted 09 February 2005 - 05:27 PM

Ithink that u r brave doing ouiji
I have reservations myself, isnt it true u have to know how to close the session properly, without opening up a channel for any kind of spirit to enter?
I have heard this on tv from a phsycic which has piut me of doin it.
I LOVE U ALL

#11 dannyboy

dannyboy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:ghosts,egypt,ufos me kids me kids again and unhealthy food with red wine or vodka

Posted 09 February 2005 - 05:29 PM

apologies for my spelling i meant put me off doing ouiji
I LOVE U ALL

#12 Garybon

Garybon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:10 AM

Hi Folks. Well this is a really interesting discussion theirs (how do i put this politely?) not enough information here really to begin with you speak of these conventional methods as previously mentioned and i have to ask the obvious "this sense that makes you beleive there is spirit present around you (and their could be for all i know) do you have any previous experiance with spirit perticularly sensing or seeing spirit that makes you feel the same is true in this case?) if not then you surely have to look at other avenues is medication having an effect, do you drink (its a natural depressive) are you lonely (same applies we can easily fall into the trap that our loniliness is an external source rather then a spirit presence) same applies for these other spiritual methods if you have tried say palmistry runes or tarot you may actually be picking up on your aura at times feels quite solid and material when infact it could be any number of energy related reasons (natural or blockage/illness wise). im not a sceptic having seen spirit in the past and have my own problems with communication at this time naely finding and communicating on a one on one basis with my guide/s im a psychic tarot reader whome has a fair amount of positive feedback through my website. i have experianced full on spirit communication within the past and it "dissappeared" when i left one location and moved to another (quite a depressing time!) unforuntely i have not been able to tune back into this as fully as i did at that point in my life however have come to use the tarot cards as a psychic tool rather then a mediumistic one. i wouldnt reccommend the use of the planchetter automatic writing or the ouija board alone although i dont feel personally their is any "danger" their is so much hoo har put on the tools of the psychic feild that a "more receptive less down to earth" mind can and does sometimes scare itself. id reccommend using a pendulum for basic yes and no questions and then getting a close friend to try the same thing in the same location for you with the same questions (without knowledge of the answers) i cannot speak to the authenticity of the tape recordings as this is the first time i have encountered that approach although im definately going to give it a go! i would also reccommend meditation find some visually guided meditation tapes or visually guided spiritual hypnosis and go from their at a minimum your going to open up your imagination to an extent that will allow visual messages to come through at this time i "receive" information through using these methods myself however my question goes to "whome" does the information ome from i have done over 400 tarot email readings and used to bleive i was connecting with the energy of the eprson (my main clients in australia im in uk so no arguments about me reading her voice or her body position or telepathy!) my feedbacks always been positivei from her at least my point being when i began to do face to face readings i found i received nothing from the client and the information was coming from my right hand side (external source definately not from the client but a same energy feeling) again 90% of the information given has been proved accurate.....where does it come from? i only have one conclusion left and thats spirit i would like to "communciate" on a more one to one basis then receiving to me what is vague images and feelings but tto the client is "evidence" any suggestions? meditation astral travel tarot cards pendulem have all previously been tried as has "self hypnosis" (unsure of weather i was actually successful with this or not) as felt like hightened awareness meditation to me.
hope have given at least one person soemthing to think about here,
take care
Garybon. www.keen.co.uk/garybon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users