• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 Valentine14520

Valentine14520

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 09:12 AM

[glow=red,2,300]GHOSTS![/glow]
you should watch out for orbs( little tiny bright balls of energy) always bring a thermal camera and a video camera. make sure to take pictures of your evidence and [glow=red,2,300]BE CAREFUL![/glow] ;D most of all tell me about it when you get back!! 8)  :)

#32 ChiGal

ChiGal

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 04:21 AM

:o

We visited the Whaley house three years ago. I can confirm the curtain moving- all five of us saw the same thing. My five year old son felt someone reach for his hand near the back bedroom. I took a photo of the room, and there was an apparition of a girl in a rocking chair visible.

We caught other photos with orbs near the bedrooms.

I did not feel anything odd in the rest of the house, though the space between the parlor and the dining room, the stairs, and the courtroom are alleged hotspots as well.

#33 MTV

MTV

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 08:13 AM

Whaley house is the one that if you look at a certain doorway,you can see someone hanging.They convicted the wrong man.So they hung him at that spot.Some people who are sensitive,can actually see someone hanging.There was a murder trial in the 1800. :)

#34 drakeonsgirl

drakeonsgirl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 02:18 PM

where exactly is... the whaley house????

#35 MTV

MTV

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 03:16 PM

San Deigo,California.I think anyway's. :-/

#36 drakeonsgirl

drakeonsgirl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 05:19 PM

whell i know that.... but.. if anyone knows how to get there please let me know......i would really like to visit b/c i've herd soo much about it... :)

#37 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 06:02 PM

drakeonsgirl,

Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay here, I took out your duplicate posts, sometimes if you hit "post" too fast you get hiccupping posts.
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#38 drakeonsgirl

drakeonsgirl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 06:12 PM

thanx i'll keep that in mind..

• Guests

Posted 23 June 2003 - 01:50 PM

The Whaley House.. Evil spirits walk about there. I worked there but quit. If you wanna know why, email me. ill tell you. But i can tell you all this now :-X :-X :-X. It's evil. :-X >:)

#40 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 03:41 PM

Shafrica,

Welcome to the board, I'm sure we'd all love to hear about your stories while working at the Whaley House.  Please feel free to join and join in.
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#41 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 03:49 PM

OOOh you got to tell.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#42 eulac

eulac

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 06:15 AM

Hi, this is my first posting, but when I saw the topic of the Whaley House I had to reply.  I've lived in San Deigo for 5 years and Old Town (where the Whaley House is) is one of my favorite sites in the city.  One Thanksgiving my sister and I went to Old Town to look around.  The Whaley House was already closed (it was dark), but we went up onto the front porch (which spans the entire front of the building) and I told her about the history of the house and what it looked like inside.  We were walking back and forth on the porch when I suddenly realized I was smelling Lilacs (in November?  in San Diego? -- you have to have an area with a hard frost to have Lilacs bloom).  I stopped and smelled the air and walked around the porch to see if I could find a plant or a person to explain the smell.  You could only smell the Lilacs in front of the part of the house that was the courtroom and if you passed out of the area where the scent was you immediately smelled car exhaust on all sides.  My sister asked me what was wrong so I asked if she could smell Lilacs and she said yes and then suddenly realized she shouldn't be smelling them either.  We went all over the grounds there and could not find anything that would cause the Lilac smell.  It was a little spooky in back where a man was supposed to have been hung, but there were no bad feelings associated with the Lilacs.  Finally we decided it had to be Mrs. Whaley so we thanked her for being a gracious hostess and left.

If you're ever in that area you should visit the Casa de Estudillo (which is free).  There are ghosts there too.  I've never seen anything, but there are a couple of rooms where you can definitely feel something.

Ericka

#43 Countess

Countess

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 06:47 PM

I have visited the Whaley house and I have found it to be so full of feelings of things not seen. I too saw some things, the moving curtian and a shadow on the stairs while I was going up. They have quite recently redecorated it to be more like it should be, meaning more athentic in content. I took some pictures and I captured some orbs in the part used as the court house and the door where Yankie Jim was hung so long and dreadfuly paithful too. The place is a must see for sure.I captured a few orbs upstairs in one of the bedrooms. Nextdoor to the Whaley house in an older restored home is an excellent store offering books by many well known ghost hunters, one being Troy Taylor. Check them both out.
I find the whole history of Borley Rectory most fasinating to reasearch.I wish I could have visited it when it was still in existance.

#44 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 12:23 AM

My cousin lives in San D. but I have never heard of the Whaley House before...guess I'm gonna have to add it to my list of 'must-see' places! ;D Does anyone know how much the admission price is, or if there is any? And also I saw mention of the 'Purple House' in Vegas, where I live...never heard of that too, and I'm bummed now cause I could have had some really interesting experiences now to share, lol. ANyhoo, will definitly check that place out next time I'm in Cali!

#45 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 04:28 PM

Hey, Shellas ;D It depends entirely, from 10a-4pm its like
$5/head

After 9p its $75/person, though on Sunday nights from 7-9p its only $10,

here's the link that goes into prices and history:
http://www.whaleyhouse.org
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users