• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Bardok_911

Bardok_911

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 March 2002 - 02:56 PM

Hey, i'll be going to the Waley house in the comming week, and does anyone have any advice for me about what to look for and what to do to bring out the spirits.
I've got the urge....to ghost hunt...

#2 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 01 April 2002 - 05:45 PM

Hiya Mike..are you talking about the Whaley House in Ca?
~*Lifes Blessings*~ ~*Cindy*~

#3 Bardok_911

Bardok_911

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 April 2002 - 07:42 PM

yes, i wish i would have spelled it right, but i really did know how to.  Sorry if i confused anyone.

#4 xfkirsten

xfkirsten

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2002 - 07:57 PM

Oh, I go to school like 10 mins from there.  A very, very cool place!  :)  As for bringing out the spirits, I don't know what you can do about that.  But check out the curtain in one of the upstairs rooms (first door on your right I think, at the top of the stairs) - it's always moving, but I have yet to find a source of a draft or anything that would make it move.  Last time I was there, the gavel in the courtroom was laying down, and I left the room and came backa  few minutes later, and it was on end.  But no one had been anywhere near it!  Also, the house closes at like 4:30 in the afternoon, but the yard and garden are always accessible - might be interesting in the evening.  There's a restaurant across the street, too, and I've heard that some people eating there have looked over and seen strange things in the windows of the Whaley House.

-Kirsten

#5 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 01 April 2002 - 10:11 PM

I  just seen it on the travel ch. I'd go with a open mind and just talk to them, maybe they will respond :)
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#6 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 02 April 2002 - 07:25 AM

Ive never been there  myslef.But its a great story .Have you looked it up on the net?Im sure you have.

Least  you can be familiar with the story behind the hauntings..

#7 Bardok_911

Bardok_911

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 April 2002 - 09:40 AM

Wow, thanx all.  I really appreciate all the info i got.  I will be sure to take it all to heart.  And i plan on trying out my new digi-cam there so i can have short movies along with my pics.

#8 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 02 April 2002 - 09:02 PM

Bar, be sure to pic and tell
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#9 Bardok_911

Bardok_911

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 April 2002 - 04:23 PM

Well, i got to San Diego today, and also managed to visit the Whaley House also.  And it was great there.  I made it in when the Travel channel was doing some special on it, and there were tons of pro ghost hunters(for lack of better term) there.  We spent our time takin A LOT of pics, myself, i think i'm covered on the pics section.  I managed to take about 230 pics, and 10 movies.  And so far things are promissing.  One person I was taking pics with who had a better digi-cam than i did, snapped a few pics with me.  And who did we find milling around in the pic when we viewed it, none other than Mr. Whaley himself, in a full body apparition.  It was amazing, and things look promissing for my pics too.  So, so far so good on my little ghost trek.  I hope to be able to hit The Star of India, and the Queen Mary before I go.  And I'll bring you all those pics too.

#10 Seven

Seven

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 April 2002 - 06:02 PM

Hey Bardok - that's awesome!  I just caught your post...I had been doing some reading on Whaley house and wish I were closer and could check it out.  Hope you get some great photos too!

#11 Bardok_911

Bardok_911

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 April 2002 - 07:56 PM

Yeah if you ever get the chance to go to the whaley house, take it.  It is the best parranormal experience i have ever had, the house is just so alive with energy.

#12 xfkirsten

xfkirsten

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2002 - 10:31 PM

Yep, I agree.  It's incredible.  You walk into the house and you can just FEEL it.

-Kirsten

#13 Seven

Seven

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 April 2002 - 11:55 AM

I'm so envious <VBG>...now I want to plan a road trip to CA! :) *LOL*  But I will certainly remember and the next time I get a chance to go (it's been years since I was last on the left coast) I will definitely make time for the Whaley house!

#14 Bardok_911

Bardok_911

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 April 2002 - 09:19 PM

On a somewhat related topic to the Whaley house, I have something to say about the Queen Mary which i visited today.  And i have something to say about it.  I came to the Queen Mary expecting a little more touristy version of the Whaley house, with guided tours, and info on the many hauntings, and maybe even a haunting walk through(like the swimming pool, and boiler room(s) of the ship).  When i got there, I saw the hotel entrance and all, it was really crowded due to the cirque du solei(sp?).  So that was good, meaning that the main ship would be less crowded allowing for a better investigation.  Well after paying 15 dollars for a tour, and 21 for a disposable camera and film(didnt have my flash, and needed to get some pics in the darkness) I entered the rear self guided tour of the ship, while waiting for the "ghost" tour.  Entering the engine room, i was surprised by its desertedness(for lack of better term) then only thing i had to worry about was the fake engine noises.  I went snapping pics, and waiting for the creme dejur, the ghost tour.  As i got there, i walked in expecting just to be guided around and shown the sites and allowed to snap pictures.  But what did i get, a floating version of disney haunted mansion, complete with loud sound effects fog, and those fake ghosts projected against the glass.  All hopes of checking out the real paranormal activity, or even taking pictures was gone.  So I'm hoping when i go to The Star of India tomarrow things will be better.

#15 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 05 April 2002 - 04:25 AM

Sorry you were so disappointed Mike.Im sure you were all pyched up for a fairly decent tour and got stuck with a Disney ala The Queen Mary..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users