bad expirience today =(

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16 TallulahB

TallulahB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:MY LIKES:<br />Reading, Meeting New People, learning, learning, and learning (One thing they can't take away is your education)*** HOCKEY!! ( RED WINGS!!),***((even though Steve Yzerman retired...the Greatest Game will go on)) I have always had an interest in the paranormal, but then again, there are some scary people here in the land of the living.

Posted 10 February 2005 - 08:27 AM

If that were my business...the cashier would be Out of Here. No matter what the patron is wearing, how they look,.... who made her judge? Another thing, her education apparently derives from horror shows. Yes, the cashiers education is showing. Angelinyorke, you have the upper hand in this one.
"The will to believe is powerful" ...(Houdini)

#17 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 10 February 2005 - 09:04 AM

I've found that Christians are probably the most hippocritical people I have ever met. They say "Do not judge", yet they constantly judge others. They sin all week long, then expect to go to church and confess and be forgiven and then the next day there they are again, lying, stealing, whatever.

Actually tkite.....I would think it's more of an INDIVIDUAL thing rather than the entire Christian community. I personally know several Christians (mainly Catholic and Anglican) who would NOT in any way shape or form meet that generalization.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#18 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 11:18 AM

What is this "warn 10%" thing?

It's a system that we have in place. When someone violates one of the guidelines we have, they get a warning
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#19 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 01:39 PM

I remember several years ago, back when you had to actually *apply* for credit cards instead of being bombarded with them from daily junk mail, I was trying to get one. At the time I collected dragon-themed items and was wearing a little dragon pendant. The lady at the bank took one look at it and backed up like a snarling dog. "And just WHAT is that...er...insignia you're wearing?" in the snottiest tone imaginable. "It's just a dragon, I collect them" "I SEE! And how long have you been doing THAT?!" She acted like I was on trial in court or something. I was at the same time opening an account at her bank and she went so far as to tell me, in sneering tones, that there was no reason why I ought to have a checking account since I was still living with my parents and "We like to know exactly WHY people are having them, you know!" Uh...No, I don't know any such thing---what sinister purpose could an 18-year-old possibly have in opening a #$!!$% BANK ACCOUNT?! Obviously I didn't get the card...I don't think I stayed with that bank very long, either!
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#20 Yosei

Yosei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 01:42 PM

It's a system that we have in place. When someone violates one of the guidelines we have, they get a warning

Er...even putting blanks for a bad word is against rules? It said 0%, but still....seems a little extreme.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#21 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 10 February 2005 - 01:46 PM

I remember several years ago, back when you had to actually *apply* for credit cards instead of being bombarded with them from daily junk mail, I was trying to get one. At the time I collected dragon-themed items and was wearing a little dragon pendant. The lady at the bank took one look at it and backed up like a snarling dog. "And just WHAT is that...er...insignia you're wearing?" in the snottiest tone imaginable. "It's just a dragon, I collect them" "I SEE! And how long have you been doing THAT?!" She acted like I was on trial in court or something. I was at the same time opening an account at her bank and she went so far as to tell me, in sneering tones, that there was no reason why I ought to have a checking account since I was still living with my parents and "We like to know exactly WHY people are having them, you know!" Uh...No, I don't know any such thing---what sinister purpose could an 18-year-old possibly have in opening a #$!!$% BANK ACCOUNT?! Obviously I didn't get the card...I don't think I stayed with that bank very long, either!

Personally Yosei, I would have marched straight to the Branch Manager's office and raised the roof! I did once, when I first moved to Toronto and went to open a chequing account at a branch of a bank I'd been with since my father had opened up my first account when I was 6....AND my dad WORKED for that particular bank! Woman gave me a similar attitude, although I was not wearing anything that might have caused it that I can remember.

I went straight to the Branch Manager, told him in no uncertain terms what I had experienced, that I was not going to take it, that I was sending a letter directly to the head office of the bank and promptly walked out of his office, withdrew every penny from the savings account I had with that bank, closed it, told them exactly why, walked out, across the street and opened an account at a competitive bank with zero issues.

Sometimes, ya gotta give as ya receive. :weeee: I also called my dad that night, gave him the branch info and he tore the other side of them up....lol

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#22 Yosei

Yosei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 01:56 PM

Personally Yosei, I would have marched straight to the Branch Manager's office and raised the roof! I did once, when I first moved to Toronto and went to open a chequing account at a branch of a bank I'd been with since my father had opened up my first account when I was 6....AND my dad WORKED for that particular bank! Woman gave me a similar attitude, although I was not wearing anything that might have caused it that I can remember.

I went straight to the Branch Manager, told him in no uncertain terms what I had experienced, that I was not going to take it, that I was sending a letter directly to the head office of the bank and promptly walked out of his office, withdrew every penny from the savings account I had with that bank, closed it, told them exactly why, walked out, across the street and opened an account at a competitive bank with zero issues.

Sometimes, ya gotta give as ya receive. :weeee: I also called my dad that night, gave him the branch info and he tore the other side of them up....lol

Yeah, I often wish I had---I've always been a little shy and at that age was certainly not very confident, though, so as usual I ended up just letting it slide...I still am bad about that, but I'm trying to improve---certainly these people need to learn about proper treatment of other SOMEhow.

#23 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 10 February 2005 - 02:45 PM

LMAO!! I absolutely still do wear it all the time-except at work I do put it underneath my shirt-I work at a daycare, mostly upper-class good christians, and we have been having enough problems with the parents complaining (not my building, the building with the birth-3).. And quite frankly, I do not particularly care to get into a religious/philosophic discussion at 7 a.m. (I barely want to TALK to them at that hour).
I cannot believe they wouldn't give you a card!! You can't be a mature, responsible person because you were wearing a dragon? People are ridiculous. The prejudices out there are NAUSEATING. What if I were that bank teller and was rude to someone because they were wearing a Star of David, or a cross?? I'm pretty sure that would be AUTOMATIC TERMINATION. So sad. Society still has so much to learn.
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#24 Willow

Willow

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 03:03 PM

Er...even putting blanks for a bad word is against rules? It said 0%, but still....seems a little extreme.

Yosei, I didn't add to his warning so it's not for me to say but we do have guidelines here we hope that members will respect and follow :weeee: Plus, this has nothing to do with the subject of this thread...

lol Angelina..okies, i'm not even mentally awake at 7 am :huh: I've had people that have had problems and made offensive comments about my rosarys though so it does happen...I told that particular woman that I felt bad for her, that she was making a total fool out of herself with all her uneducated comments and that i'd pray for her...she stomped away in a huff, go figure!

Posted Image

#25 Yosei

Yosei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 03:11 PM

Yosei, I didn't add to his warning so it's not for me to say but we do have guidelines here we hope that members will respect and follow :weeee: Plus, this has nothing to do with the subject of this thread...

No, not HIS warning...mine for blanking out a bad word I was 'quoting' from my own thoughts at an angry time. I don't want to cause a problem, I was just worried---because I often use those jumbled characters to indicate annoyance, without even actually thinking ANY of the words that usually get blanked out. Sorry for going off-topic...

#26 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 10 February 2005 - 03:17 PM

So we can't imply a not-so-nice word?? Will I get in trouble for using "arse"? Let's find out.......lol!
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#27 Willow

Willow

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 03:23 PM

*blonde moment* k I realized what you meant only after I posted..sorry Yosei! No, you dont have any warnings and the jumbles in place of letters for annoyance is okies :D

:weeee: arse...thats what I feel like right now for misreading Yosei's question

Posted Image

#28 Yosei

Yosei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 03:28 PM

*blonde moment* k I realized what you meant only after I posted..sorry Yosei! No, you dont have any warnings and the jumbles in place of letters for annoyance is okies :D

:lol: arse...thats what I feel like right now for misreading Yosei's question

Thank you---however, it DOES come up with an automatic "warn, 0%" on my posts now, and it didn't do that until I posted my "Yosemite Sam cussing". Unless it says 'warn, 0%' on all posts now and only started it today...I figured it meant maybe the implied swearing was worth a half percent or something.

#29 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 03:36 PM

Yosei, there's a whole topic about it in the Tech Support board. If it says 0%, don't worry about it at all, it means you have no warnings. They just implimented the system the other day.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#30 Yosei

Yosei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 03:38 PM

Yosei, there's a whole topic about it in the Tech Support board. If it says 0%, don't worry about it at all, it means you have no warnings. They just implimented the system the other day.

Okay, thanks...Sorry for disrupting the topic, then!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users