bad expirience today =(

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 10 February 2005 - 05:03 PM

Yosei you should definately complain to the Manager - rude behavior is rude behavior- it doesn't matter what you were wearing. You could have had horns and a tail and it would still not be any of her business.

You were the customer! You were right! The customer is always right, right?

I worked for JC Penneys for 7 years (sold women's lingerie) and the company was founded on the golden rule. You should never had been treated that way and you have every right to upset.
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#32 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 05:17 PM

Well, I should have, but it was several years ago now--I'm not even sure the bank in question is still in business. Serves them right if they're not.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#33 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:16 PM

Man, a warning system. I feel like I am in KINDERGARTEN again...... "Now I am going to count to 3.... Onnnnnnne... twoooooo... three........ "
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#34 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:20 PM

uh...wouldn't that be more like..10%...20%...30%...? :blink: *snickers*
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#35 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:20 PM

Yeesh, it's only a message board for crying out loud. Just a message board. Your rights and freedoms are NOT being taken away.

Breath and return to topic, thanks.

Now, the bottom line with regards to the topic, is that no matter what, when a person is working in customer service, even if the customer is being a right (fill in the blank), you must be pleasant. So to be rude based on a symbol, religious or otherwise, is violating their job description. If ANYONE here gets treated as such for ANY REASON, go directly to the manager. Don't play nice, don't take it.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#36 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 10 February 2005 - 07:16 PM

And next time you have to deal with her, or someone like her, get twice as snotty and point out that SHE/THEY are giving a bad name to Christians EVERYWHERE.

Thats what i was just about to say...doesnt wearing a cross mean shes christian??? I thought they were supposed to be nice and forgiving to everyone lol...

Oh that reminds me of the time my uncle drove to church drunk with his elbow hangin out the door and broke it on a light post on the way past lmao

I would of reported her, how rude!! My first job was a supermarket too and if we didnt greet the customers with HELLO< HOW ARE YOU TODAY?? we'd get a written warning! Having such strict rules when i had my first job taught me that you have to be polite, and lets face it, its a much nicer life to live if your polite and freindly :D ...I'd hate to be grumpy or rude like that girl...she must live a misserable life! And she can,if you just go and report her lol....

I have noticed that its just not the same now days, its rare for checkout persons to say hello when your doing your grocery shopping, let alone , god forbid they SMILE :unsure: They are just RUDE now days!! Wheres the standards in customer service now?

#37 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 10 February 2005 - 08:16 PM

Well, not to make excuses for the one I dealt with (which was uncalled for, ignorance, and blatant rudeness) I know that the niceness thing works both ways. I worked in a grocery store for a few years, and tried waitressing (that lasted two months) and people can be positively HORRID for no reason. I don't know if its because they think they are better than you b/c you're not a lawyer, dr, or whatever it is they are, but its AWFUL!!
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#38 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 11 February 2005 - 12:00 PM

Thats true angelina....

I too worked as a waitress for years and boy oh boy did I get some really rude people! :D

But I would just go to the supervisor and let them handle the customer...
Now for the supervisor..They would really get chewd out....For no reason..An it can be very hard to have someone just yell at you and put you down for no reason! :)

But..You had a necklace on....People can just be complete off the hook!
"You only get 1 shot!"

#39 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 11 February 2005 - 02:42 PM

Angelina - here is my 2 cents. Report that woman. I have had people like that from the post office to the pizza place be mean to me and I don't let them get away with it. If it doesn't do any good to say something to the manager, write a letter to the store. I've done that. She had no right to treat you that way over something so silly as a couple of extra items. I don't care if she may not have liked your necklace. There is no excuse for that. :angry:
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#40 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 11 February 2005 - 02:44 PM

Well, not to make excuses for the one I dealt with (which was uncalled for, ignorance, and blatant rudeness) I know that the niceness thing works both ways. I worked in a grocery store for a few years, and tried waitressing (that lasted two months) and people can be positively HORRID for no reason. I don't know if its because they think they are better than you b/c you're not a lawyer, dr, or whatever it is they are, but its AWFUL!!

Yes, but Angelina she was mean to you. You tried to apologize to her and she wouldn't take it. I'm glad that you told her that you hoped her day would turn around. I once told a guy at the post office that he needed to go and take his lunch break.
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#41 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 11 February 2005 - 07:06 PM

Having worked in the exact same store that it happened in, I realize that NOTHING will come of me speaking to a supervisor or store manager. I feel that if I put it in writing and send it to both the store manager, and corporate (they HATE to hear complaints) that I will be taken much more seriously. I just think its sad that things like this happen in the first place.
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#42 SpookSeeker

SpookSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:My Work, Mystery, Fantasy, Gaming, Books, Old School Things, Life.... The usual ;)

Posted 11 February 2005 - 07:44 PM

I'm not sure there's anything I can add to this thread that hasn't beens aid but that just sounds like an unpleasant experience.

#43 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 07:46 PM

Well, it is still nice to know that you cared enough to read about the ickiness and let me know you thought it was crappy too

#44 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:05 PM

Angelina - I hope that you are feeling better now. I am sorry that you had such a rude experience, but it does happen to all of us. It is the pits, but you are not alone. Sometimes it just takes time to get over mean people like that.

#45 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 03:31 PM

Noelle, thank you....It just sucks that people have to deal with that kind of {Censored}..... I am feeling fine again though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users