bad expirience today =(

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:45 PM

Okay... I am just looking for opinions, I very well could be reading too much into this.... I went to the grocery store today for work, I had to buy juice (I work @ a daycare). I had fifteen bottles(12 items or less line), and was in a slight rush b/c I had to go to a meeting. I was standing in line, the cashier saw me put the bottles onto the register area, and did not say a word. As I'm waiting, I start to play with my necklace out of habit-I was wearing my pentacle. The cashier (who had a giant cross hanging from her neck) saw it and gave me a dirty look. It's my turn to get rung up, and she proceeds to yell at me for having THREE items to many. At first I was apologetic, and explained that I was planning on bagging my own groceries (as I ALWAYS do if there is no bagger) and she continues to scream at me. I finally asked her when they started being rude, because when I was emploed at Stop and Shop in high school, it wasn't allowed. She finally stopped, did not say another word to me, and continued to give me dirty looks.... I know I SHOULDNT have been in that line, but every other time I have done it (never with alot of groceries, just a few extra) I have always bagged my own groceries so that I wouldn't have held up the line... I was quite upset afterwards, I always try to be nice to people, but she was SO rude to me!!
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#2 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:33 PM

It sounds to me like she was fine with everything until she saw your pentacle, and probably knowing nothing about the significance of it apart from horror stories she has heard, decided to give you a hard time. I honestly don't see the big deal with people taking up to 5 items over the limit in the line. Regardless though, she had no right to treat you like she did, and you should report her to management.
Posted Image

#3 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:44 PM

Thank you... I thought that maybe I was overreacting, and did not want to jump to conclusions...
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#4 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:09 PM

I'd report her, no matter what. Frankly, it's her job that during her shift she is to be polite to ALL customers. That's what was drummed into my head lo those many years ago when I worked the till at McDonalds. And trust me, there were customers that I was forced to bite my tongue with.....seriously. And nothing to do with religion, but their attitude. Customer is always right and all that jazz.

And when you do, point out the fact that her behaviour started when she caught sight of your religious symbol. Frankly, the bottom line is, YOU live in the United States of America, where YOUR constitution guarentees you religious freedom. And next time you have to deal with her, or someone like her, get twice as snotty and point out that SHE/THEY are giving a bad name to Christians EVERYWHERE.

It's not you or your faith that's the problem. It's not her faith that's the problem. It's HER. She's the rude, inconsiderate UNCHRISTIAN fool. (Frankly, my words would be slightly stronger and harsher, but there's a bad word filter on this board! I cannot stand individuals like that, I really can't.)

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#5 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:29 PM

Thank you so much for the support, guys! I know it isn't her faith that is the problem, I know many christians who couldn't care less about what I believe, as long as I am a decent human being (harm no one). I didn't think it was that (her religion itself) so much as the way she believes her religion is the only right way ( i am making assumptions). I am planning on reporting her tomorrow, unfortunately I had no time, as I was running late for a meeting.
I know the whole politeness thing, I worked at the grocery store for three years while in high school, and learned how to smile and nodd oh so well :) . The thing that bothered me most is that I tried to smooth things over and be nice and apologetic and she still jumped down my throat....thats what got me thinking...... I never in my life have EVER had a cashier yell at me for having 3 too many items, and I was so stunned!! Thank you again for your support and insight. It really is a great help, and very much appreciated!!!!!

#6 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:53 AM

I have had that happen once while checking out. Not because of a faith she just was on a roll. (bad day) so as she was yelling and complaining I was Like (in a very soft mellow tone) Oh I see,,, yes,,,, im sorry,,, etc... And at the end I turned around and in a louder voice (I think the whole store heard me) I said "I hope your day turns around for you and you have a wonderful day"... She never turned so RED in her whole life. I just smiled and walked out.
But to report this one that you are talking about I think it is a good idea. No one should be judged and only 3 items over. I mean come on I have been there in line with only one or two items and the other person in front of me might have almost 20. I just let it go. Like you were, they might be in a rush and have someplace to be very soon. I dont see anything wrong with it. Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes.
Cathy
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#7 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:39 AM

Sorry to hear about that! :(

Some people have no respect for others! Im sure she wouldnt like it if someone gave her dirty looks cause of her cross around her neck!

I say wear what you want....I use to belive in wearing the cross..That it was special and holy...But now I think a little differ about it...I dont want death hanging on my neck!..( no offense to anyone)....
"You only get 1 shot!"

#8 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:11 PM

I absolutely have no problem with her wearing a cross... it is part of her faith.. I have decided that a phone call will do very little, I am working on writing a letter and sending it to the store manager and to corporate...thanks
Cathy and Littlelight!! I am sure that it will most likely take a few weeks to get any sort of response, but as soon as I get one I will let you know!

#9 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:24 PM

It sounds to me like she was fine with everything until she saw your pentacle

I agree.
-Chris-

#10 Ginevra Weasley

Ginevra Weasley

Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:Um, Harry Potter if you couldn't guess. And a good ghost story on the side! lol

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:31 PM

EEEK!! SOmetimes people can be sooo mean . . . but just take it like a grain of sand . . . after all, it's only ignorance with a big mouth!! lol :P

*hands you some chocolate*

all better!!! :D
Aura: Crimson . . . the hot sexy beasts of GV!THE BANANA SAY'S, "Don't peel me, I want to live!"Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:32 PM

The total ignorance and prejudice of some ppl...I'm sorry you were treated that way, I'm a big believer in what comes around goes around. Hopefully you have drawn strength from this and some kind of action will be taken against the cashier
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#12 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:47 PM

Mmmm.... chocolate!! Thanks, Gin!! Just what I needed!! You are an awesome gal!! Willow, I have gained some strength because of it... I will not claim yet that I am Wiccan, but am getting books and doing my reading,(so that I may learn the ways and crafts, the beliefs I think have always been hidden inside of me) and feel as though it is me,( the path I am most connected to) so to speak..... I told a close friend of mine at work about it , and was sceptical and nervous at first- but she is a good friend of mine, and a beautiful person, and I knew that if she was the one I chose, I would not be judged (the whole story-pentacle included) and she thought it was wonderful and totally encouraged me in the path I am choosing....She told me stories of when she was in college and did much research on it, and found it to be fascinating and a great thing. It made me realize that, perhaps, Wiccans in general (I don't know OF any but I am sure I know some who simply keep it to themselves afraid of persecution) should become more open about it, simply because of the ignorance that plagues most of society....
I just want you guys to know that I am so grateful to the insight and support that you have all given me...... it has really helped me become more comfortable with who I am, and that really means so much to me.. You guys are absolutely wonderful, beautiful people, and I want you to know that.
Blessed Be,
Angie

#13 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:50 PM

Goodness, I left someone out!!

Thank you, Sinestro!!

#14 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&amp;AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;

Posted 10 February 2005 - 02:14 AM

hah! Hey Ang, you better get used to people hating you for wearing a pentacle. I can remember when I was still in high school working at a local supermarket, and a lady asked me if I needed "Dr. Jesus".... I said "Huh"? She then told me I must need to be cured by Jesus because of the pentacle I was wearing. I told her to mind her own business I have a right to follow any religious belief I wish to. She practically jumped back like she was stricken and proceeded to go tell the manager of the store. The manager told me to "Put your necklace under your shirt". I told him that I wouldn't do that. He then said it wasn't because of the symbol, it was just because it didn't look professional (remember, supermarket employee here) and so I told him that I didn't see anyone telling the other guys and ladies who worked there to HIDE their necklaces etc. and walked off. He knew he couldn't tell me to do that, and I knew I could sue them if they screwed with me over it again.

I've found that Christians are probably the most hippocritical people I have ever met. They say "Do not judge", yet they constantly judge others. They sin all week long, then expect to go to church and confess and be forgiven and then the next day there they are again, lying, stealing, whatever.

Time to take the dogs out. But listen, don't stop wearing what you like. Be positive about it, have some fun with it. If someone tells you a bunch of stuff to your face you don't like, tell em you'll turn their first born into a bat boy or something un natural and watch em then! hahaha

:D
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#15 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&amp;AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;

Posted 10 February 2005 - 02:15 AM

What is this "warn 10%" thing?
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users