Creatures - Found At Seaside After TSUNAMI

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 11 February 2005 - 04:51 PM

OK Picture 5 is a &%^$(5'en ALIEN!!! Its so cool! What is it called and how do I get one?

#17 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 11 February 2005 - 05:01 PM

Ok Here are some remarkably "Similar" pictures of the same creatures that have nothing to do with the Tsunami. Or did somebody already mention that the email was fake? the email is fake the creatures are not!

Click on Creature Feature

#18 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 05:58 PM

I do not think that the e-mail is Fake, or the pictires, but I am not certain of that, like I said I just got it from my Grandma, so I don't really know. They sure do look real to me.

OK Picture 5 is a &%^$(5'en ALIEN!!! Its so cool! What is it called and how do I get one?

You cannot get one at all, and I do not know what it is called, as far as I am aware it is a new species(all the images are) that was found deep down in the ocean were we cannot go, that being the case then getting one is impossible. I however may be wrong about this, so if anyone knows of anything different, then be sure to let me know.
-Chris-

#19 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 07:24 PM

Posted Image

Resembles a creepy crawly spider WAY too much for my liking :ph34r:
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#20 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 10:11 PM

Resembles a creepy crawly spider WAY too much for my liking :ph34r:

LOL
-Chris-

#21 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 11:08 PM

Posted Image

Umbrella Mouth Gulper Eel ( Eurypharynx pelicanoides )

The scientific name for this strange deep-sea eel says it all. Eurypharynx means “all throat” and pelicanoides means “pelican-like”. This all-black fish has a tiny head and eyes and has a huge mouth with small teeth and a big soft-bag throat. At the tip of its tail is a small light organ that glows pink but can also flash red. It seems that this eel hunts by waving the tip of its tail in its open mouth, drawing in schools of small shrimps and other crustaceans. Once inside the eel very slowly closes its mouth so that the shrimp don’t even know they’re trapped. Then the water is squeezed out through gill openings and the shrimp are trapped and swallowed. The animal shown was caught in the first leg of the trip off the northern Norfolk Ridge.

http://www.oceans.go...tureFeature.htm

A joint Australian- New Zealand research voyage carrying leading Australian, New Zealand and other international scientists to explore deep sea habitats and biodiversity in the Tasman Sea is expected to uncover new marine species and habitats. The NORFANZ research voyage will explore deep sea habitats around seamounts and abyssal plains around Lord Howe and Norfolk Islands through to northern New Zealand .

Australia’s National Oceans Office – the body responsible for developing and implementing Australia’s Oceans Policy – and the New Zealand Ministry of Fisheries have each committed half a million dollars to the four-week voyage.

The voyage will collect biodiversity samples, DNA tissue samples, seabed habitat data, photographs and video on seamounts at depths between 200 metres and 1.2 kilometres, and survey free-swimming animals that live in the water masses above and around these seamounts.

The findings of the expedition will be posted daily on the National Oceans Office website (www.oceans.gov.au/norfanz) between 10 May and 8 June.

The main objective of this expedition is to provide baseline information on the, nature and potential vulnerability of these unique habitats and their biodiversity. The results will give us a much better understanding of the species that live on and around the deep seamounts and ridges throughout the Tasman Sea , many of which may be new to science. The information will also enhance and contribute to international collaboration in oceans management.

The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) and the New Zealand National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research Ltd (NIWA http://www.niwa.co.nz) are providing scientific support for the voyage. The NORFANZ voyage will use NIWA deep-sea research vessel, the R.V. Tangaroa (http://www.niwa.co.n...essels/tangaroa).

The expedition has received considerable interest from scientists worldwide. Twenty four scientists from more than eleven research organisations will be represented onboard, including staff of CSIRO, Hobart; Museum Victoria; the University of Tasmania; Australian Museum; Queensland Museum; Northern Territory Museum; NSW State Fisheries; Te Papa, Wellington; National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research, New Zealand; Institute de Recherche pour le Développement, Noumea; Natural History Museum, Paris; and California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco.

For more information or media interviews, contact Katrina Haig or Richard Wilson (National Oceans Office: +61 3 6221 5000 or 0419 699 682 or Jacqui Burgess Ministry of Fisheries New Zealand +64 4470 2600).

#22 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 11:14 PM

Posted Image

Giant sea spiders (family Colossendeidae)

Sea spiders are not true spiders; they are marine animals in a special group of their own (also known as “pycnogonids”). They have 10 or 12 long legs (depending on the group), a tiny body and long mouthparts. Their body is so small that they store some of their body organs down their hollow legs. They use these stilt-like legs for walking over soft mud and for swimming. These animals feed on attached (“sessile”) invertebrates such as sea anemones, corals, sea pens and hydroids. They use their piercing mouthparts to eat the polyps or suck the fluids out of larger animals. The deep sea is home to the biggest of the sea spiders, some reaching 50 cm across. The one shown was over 30 cm across. The deepest record for a sea spider is 7.4 km deep.

http://www.oceans.go...nz/library2.htm

#23 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 11:14 PM

Well Sammy_Da_Cat, thanks for the info and clearing that up for me, so does that also mean that the rest of the pics are fish that are already discovered (well obvious discovered, but a new species) or do you not know? Well whatever they are they sure are cool looking.
-Chris-

#24 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 11:20 PM

Acyually its a veru interesting read. I was a bit facinated by these Creatures but they dont go into to much scientific detail about them.

#25 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 11:22 PM

Yeah that is what I think too, I would like to know more about these Creatures, they are facinating.
-Chris-

#26 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Interests:I love to cook and try new and different recipes. I adore animals of all kinds. Music is another great love of mine. Paranormal and metaphysical subjects of all kinds. Nature, drawing and painting, writing, photography, reading. I am learning how to knit...but I'm not very good at it. The list is endless. The one thing that I don't have a big love for is sports. I wish I could like it, but just can't get into it for some reason.

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:44 AM

What an amazing array of sea creatures, all different. And to think, there are so many more species out there that have yet to be discovered. I would love to sink my teeth into one those crab legs.

:rolleyes:
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.Posted Image

#27 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 12 February 2005 - 03:11 PM

I haven't seen this before but it was interesting. It makes me wonder what else is under there, although I'm not sure I want to know, LOL! Does it make anyone else wonder what's running around out in the woods and mountians ect...
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#28 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 03:20 PM

Well they have found 55 new species of insect, plants, and reptiles in the Smokey Mountains this year alone. But then again Knoxville is next to the largest nuclear weapons manufacturer and they do have accidents. :ph34r:

#29 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:41 PM

http://www.speechfri..._creatures4.htm
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#30 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:50 PM

Interesting Article Willow, thanks for sharing it. ;)
-Chris-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users