Old Salem Ma. Jail

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#16 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 11 March 2005 - 08:08 PM

Salem Jail
Danvers State Insain Asylum
North Hampton Insain Asylum...
Guess what I'd do if I had the money and not in that order either!
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#17 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 12 March 2005 - 07:55 AM

Condos would be a very bad idea.
Darn yuppies!

Me and the wife will be in Salem April 25, 26, 27. It's been almost 4 years since the last visit. I'm interested to see if any thing has changed. When we were there something was being conctructed.

Maybe we'll see you around somewhere ;)
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#18 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 12 March 2005 - 08:03 AM

If your in Salem, more than likely you'll see me somewhere! LOL. Do you know where you're staying yet? Do you have plans for your stay. I'm working those nights but maybe we could meet for lunch, if you and your wife would like to e mail me. Dolphinluv58@aol.com
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#19 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:04 AM

dodie is known as one of the hooligans hanging out in front of the pirate museum.
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#20 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:20 AM

Jealous Opter? I have cooler playmates than you do?

#21 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:22 AM

my stuffed parrot on my shoulder is all i need!
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#22 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:23 AM

Who is the pirate?
Posted Image

#23 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 13 March 2005 - 07:49 AM

Dodi,

Meeting up for lunch you'd be fun. As for plans....

We'll obviously be doing some ghost hunting. We'll probably take the Vampire and Ghost Walking tour( we missed that one last time) Do some shopping, maybe a whale watch if it's open, check out the Peabody Essex museum(also missed that last time), see if I can find another $10 sweatshirt(what a bargain), and what ever else tickles our fancy.

I'll e-mail and we can chat more :)

Woo Hoo my 50th post. I'm a junior Villager now. What a momentous occasion :D
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

#24 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:21 AM

Yes Salem is a touris trap LMAO. My daughter works down Picering Whark and I know how expencive the things can get. It is a fun place though. You can IM me or send me a PM in GV if you'de like.

#25 Annalisa

Annalisa

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:art, gardening, theater, movies,travel,swimming

Posted 15 March 2005 - 07:52 PM

Salem is a beautiful city. Everyone forgets that the House of the Seven Gables is there. That is a very interesting tour. I do love the history of Salem especially the Witch Trials, etc. Thats the main attraction I guess.

#26 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 08:23 PM

That's really interesting. I'll need to check that out. My husband and I will be visiting the east coast, for the first time, in August. The son of a life long friend is getting married in Colchester VT, so we will take our camper there for the wedding and vacation several weeks to a month to see the coast.

Any pointers for a first time visitor?

#27 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:59 AM

If your going to stay in Salem with a camper Try out Winter Island. It's no frills but pretty cheap and near Salem Willows and most attractions. Nice little Lighthouse and an old Fort on the land too. Real interesting place. Was used during the Civil War and upto the Second World War as a Base for the Coast Guard. I beilieve they're redoing the Plane Hangers now, and were suppose to be starting reconstuction on the officers quaters soon. There are old underground tunnles (long ago closed off to a point) and an old jail from the Civil War that you can't go into any more but still has the iron gate you can look into.

There is plenty of parking and a picnic area and a playground also.

#28 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:47 PM

Salem is a beautiful city. Everyone forgets that the House of the Seven Gables is there. That is a very interesting tour. I do love the history of Salem especially the Witch Trials, etc. Thats the main attraction I guess.

HOSG, is a cool tour. I think I may go for it a second time. We're staying rigth across the street from there. OOOH Spooky.

#29 dannyboy

dannyboy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:ghosts,egypt,ufos me kids me kids again and unhealthy food with red wine or vodka

Posted 23 March 2005 - 05:35 PM

I have always wanted to visit Salem and still hope to, hope this place will still be kept as it is when i eventually visit.
I have always been interested in the witch history of Salem, that was until i learned the scientific explanation for all these witch trials across the world,

It was on a documentary, in which they pin pointed, that all the renound places on the world map for witch trials, found that low and behold all these towns seemed to harvest the same crop( dont remember what this crop was)

It was found that in certain months of the year when the weather made it humid and sticky, that a fungus grew on the crops, this fungus has been found in later years, and was found to contain LSD, trips, acid. They believe because the locals and people from surrounding areas ate this crop, they had the sympyoms of being off their head, therefore seeing things that werent there,
hallucinating, sometimes so paranoid and thinking they were possessed.
This then give explaination to people blaming these symptoms on WITCHES AND WITCHCRAFT that is why so many innocent people were killed.

I imagine that salem is very haunted so many lives taken before thier time.
I LOVE U ALL

#30 am0rvincit0mnia

am0rvincit0mnia

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 07:40 PM

wow i'm in salem... i'll have to check it out sometime... i'll see what i can find out about it as well too if i hear anything new i'll let you know :D <333
But don't stop if I fallAnd don't look backOh baby don't stop Bury me and fade to blackfrom the razor to the rosary we could lose ourselves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users