• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 MorgueChild

MorgueChild

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 03:51 PM

hey just wondering if any of you guys know any other places that are haunted in Virginia. me and a group of friends are a ghosthunting team in southwestern va and we are looking for more places to investigate. so far we have been to Martha Washington Inn and various cemeteries around where we live. if anyone knows any other places let me know...also this place near my friends house is haunted by satanic cult members so people say. its after you go through a tunnel and into these woods near a river. anyway people say that they have seen animal heads on poles or stakes. this was in the 70's and anyway now people say they hear things and see things in the woods at night. me and a friend saw a white shape one night we stayed there and heard many weird noises some of which i have on tape. well to make this short i just  want to know if anyone knows about that place or any others around southwestern Virginia or nearby. thanks :D

#2 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 11:58 PM

Hello MorgueChild and welcome to the village, I hope you will stay around and tell us more about your investigations. As for Virginia here are a couple of links you may find of interest.

http://www.virginiaghosts.com/

http://hometown.aol....l/VAplaces.html

http://www.geocities.../WVirginia.html
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#3 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 05:04 PM

hey pearis cemetery is haunted its in Southwest,VA in Pearisburg.

#4 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 05:05 PM

oh yeah i forgot also there has been a report of an apparation on the campus of virginia tech

#5 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 05:07 PM

And speaking of the martha washington inn, there is a tavern up the road from the inn that is also haunted.

#6 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 06:33 PM

hey i must live pretty close to you, because i know all these places and you want places in southwestern va and im from southwest virginia.

#7 MorgueChild

MorgueChild

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 12:14 PM

yeah i'm from southwest Va. its a back country side called Sugar Run. I actually live near a cemetery that we investigate sometimes (and find some interesting stuff occasionally). its near Eggleston about 7 miles from Pearisburg. where exactly are you from?

#8 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 05:03 PM

i live in blacksburg, va which is pretty close to you maybe 40 minutes away

#9 Annalisa

Annalisa

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:art, gardening, theater, movies,travel,swimming

Posted 15 November 2003 - 03:44 PM

Have you checked out Williamsburgh, Va.?  There should be alot of ghosts around there.  Also Yorktown, Va.

#10 ghosthunter1010

ghosthunter1010

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 10:59 AM

Williamsburg would be a good place, also try the legend of the bunny man tunnel. I know that in Bluefield WV just across the Bluefield VA line the college Bluefield state is haunted by a girl.  Try some of the major battlefields for the civil war those are always great ;D

#11 ghosthunter1010

ghosthunter1010

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 11:02 AM

I forgot also check out haunted places guide at your local bookstore they give place thru out the US, also the book called Ghosts I will have to remember the authors name but it list store from all over. :D

#12 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 08:19 PM

if you eant to travel a little go up to alexandria there are alot of haunted places there. I was born a raised there.

#13 caspergirl

caspergirl

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:31 AM

hi everyone,
i am new to the site and am finding lots of info from all of you.  my hubby and i are always on the lookout for ghost sitings and will be in alexandria, va....ocean city md, and wash dc in june.  i used to live there and know there must be some great places to actually see and feel spirits, but have never experienced them myself.  could anyone give me some exact locations?  i am thinking gadsbys tavern, torpedo factory, but off the top of my head that is all i can come up with.  my husband has never been to this area before and we would like to do a little hunt on our own.  also if anyone knows areas in ocean city as well.
thank you!!! :D :D

#14 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:01 PM

Welcome CasperGirl. Enjoy the stay!
Posted Image

#15 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 27 April 2004 - 06:47 PM

egad i'm late again. lol anyway, on the williamsburg hauntings. i know the william randolph house in the historical area of williamsburg is supposedly haunted. we went there on family vacay awhile ago. when we were in the old capitol, i felt like something was seriously off in one of the courtrooms. you know, someone's watching you that you can't see and all cold and stuff.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users