Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Looking For Paranormal Spots In Phoenix Arizona?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 phxghosthunter

phxghosthunter

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 12:31 PM

Looking for places that have any activity in Arizona?
"Open Your Mind And They Will Come."

#2 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 05:13 PM

Hi phx, and welcome to gv.

http://theshadowland...ces/arizona.htm
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#3 sandyinorrum

sandyinorrum

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 04:34 AM

Phoenix, Arizona was home for my family for a while.  If  you go to the records department of the City of Phoenix, located on Jefferson Street, off of I-10 (exit marked Jefferson Street Annx.) on micro-index many files, dated back to the founders of the city.  At one time, the area was used for treatment for asthma, lung aliments, and mental illness.
Given the course of development around the city, the city lines and county lines are fuzzy as to different eras.  Before Bell Road was completed, running from near Sun City through Thunderbird, and up to the eastern most city limits, the area was literally a dumping ground for bodies.  I  had to look into a friend's mother's disappearance around 1988, and found that area's now covered by the county, were city, and vice-versa.
Given the history around Phoenix, the corruption, and crime, there is a lot of unexplained.  I did visit the I-10 corridor, where the serial murders have occured.  These were all of illegal aliens, who couldn't come up with their "cyotoes fees", and were strangled.  I came across it by accident.  Chilling place.  Butte's Dam, near Deer Vally was at one time a prison, and west of Glendale, there was a mental hospital, decades ago. And there is the unexplained lights of Phoenix, look it up on-line.  One night, the sky line was lit up, with no appearant reason.
The oldest army incampment is south of Phoenix, and takes one hours to hike to, after a ten mile drive down an abandoned dirt road, but it is well worth the trip.  Try the White Tank mountain range also.  Many criminals, and those not wanting to deal with living in society, holed up there.  Good luck, Sandy

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 26 May 2004 - 08:14 AM

Hello and welcome phxghosthunter! Enjoy the stay!
Posted Image

#5 phxghosthunter

phxghosthunter

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:22 AM

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Again Thanks!

#6 phxghosthunter

phxghosthunter

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 10:22 AM

Phoenix, Arizona was home for my family for a while.  If  you go to the records department of the City of Phoenix, located on Jefferson Street, off of I-10 (exit marked Jefferson Street Annx.) on micro-index many files, dated back to the founders of the city.  At one time, the area was used for treatment for asthma, lung aliments, and mental illness.
Given the course of development around the city, the city lines and county lines are fuzzy as to different eras.  Before Bell Road was completed, running from near Sun City through Thunderbird, and up to the eastern most city limits, the area was literally a dumping ground for bodies.  I  had to look into a friend's mother's disappearance around 1988, and found that area's now covered by the county, were city, and vice-versa.
Given the history around Phoenix, the corruption, and crime, there is a lot of unexplained.  I did visit the I-10 corridor, where the serial murders have occured.  These were all of illegal aliens, who couldn't come up with their "cyotoes fees", and were strangled.  I came across it by accident.  Chilling place.  Butte's Dam, near Deer Vally was at one time a prison, and west of Glendale, there was a mental hospital, decades ago. And there is the unexplained lights of Phoenix, look it up on-line.  One night, the sky line was lit up, with no appearant reason.
The oldest army incampment is south of Phoenix, and takes one hours to hike to, after a ten mile drive down an abandoned dirt road, but it is well worth the trip.  Try the White Tank mountain range also.  Many criminals, and those not wanting to deal with living in society, holed up there.  Good luck, Sandy

Thanks so much! I have jumps to every chance that I get to go on Ghost Walks and such but I could never understand how to introduce myself and explain what I want do or explore in there office or cemetry. Maybe you could give me a little help??? Or anyone really??? Thanks for any comments!!! :P ;D

#7 saturday

saturday

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Location:x0|us|USA||0|0|OK,Oklahomax0|us|USA||0|0|OK,Oklahoma

Posted 30 May 2004 - 02:47 AM

when I was little to the time i was grown i have traveled from ca to oklahoma and always from sometime or enother you could almost always experience something driving down the arizona highway

#8 Countess

Countess

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 12:57 PM

If you can get to Tombstone or even closer, Tubac then in Tubac you can visit the Tumacacori mission. It has a long history of hauntings. Also in downtown Tucson there is a rather interesting place to visit with a haunting history, The Wishing Shrine. There is a great book out you can order from Amazon titled Arizona Twilight Tales by Jane Eppinga. the order number is ISBN 0 87108-901-7. This book is easy to read and very enjoyable. You will find many places in Arizona listed inside. I myself love Arizona and visit it often. let me know what you find out about your research into haunted Arizona.
I find the whole history of Borley Rectory most fasinating to reasearch.I wish I could have visited it when it was still in existance.

#9 Mrs. Bryan

Mrs. Bryan

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:52 PM

Anyone from AZ PM me, I am looking for Ghost Hunting Activities in my Areea and in New Mexico, where I am soon to move to, and I know ALL the Spookiest Locations! :(

#10 GHOSTS AND HAUNTINGS

GHOSTS AND HAUNTINGS

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:05 AM

THERE IS WELL OVER A HUNDRED SPOTS IN AZ, WHAT KIND OF ACTIVITY ARE YOU LOOKING FOR OR WANTING TO ENCOUNTER.

HOUSE ON FRYER DR. NOT NICE ONES THERE AND ITS VERY DANGERIOUS. THOSE ARE NOT RESTLESS SPIRITS.

OLD MINE SHAFTS

LAKE PLEASENT

SAN CARLOS HOTEL

THE DOG TRACKS

THE FARM HOUSE

REST HAVEN CEMETERY

CROSS CEMETERY

SUAHARO RANCH

DEL WEB

JEROMES MENTAL INSTITUTE

TOUMB STONE

WICKEN BURG