I don't beleive in orbs

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Excentrik

Excentrik

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:50 PM

I just want your opinion. If you believe in orbs, then why? If not, tell me too.

For one, I don't believe in most orbs photos or videos I saw. Most of them are dust, bad lighting or bugs. And I'm saying that because I'm in search of the biggest, longest video evidence of a ghost ever made, but all I find is those stupid orb videos. Some of them make me think about my beliefs, but after a couple of weeks of searching, it goes for about 3% of all I saw.

Btw, anyone knows where I can find a video ghost evidence? not a 2 seconds video, but something longer?

#2 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 19 February 2005 - 03:26 AM

If they can appear as mist or apparations, why not as orbs?

#3 walkingsphere

walkingsphere

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 09:02 AM

Here's a thought. Why not get a Sony camcorder and go out to seek the truth yourself? It is the only way you can be assured in your own mind that someone is not trying to deceive you. :(

btw: Welcome to the Village!

#4 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 02:35 PM

You might like to take a look at the video Aloha helped me to link. It's under Spiritography, Orb In Motion, shot at the House Of Ludington in Escanaba Michigan, on November 1, 2004.

Although on November first in the frozen tundra, it is possible that a bug exists indoors, this shot really does not look like a bug to me.

Your thoughts would be of interest to me.

#5 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 19 February 2005 - 04:10 PM

As far as orbs, they are very hard to prove. I find that about 90% of them can usually be explained as particle orbs (water/dust/pollen). But there are some that warrant a second look and are hard to explain.

Now, when visual evidence is needed to satisfy your own curiosity, it's not going to be in someone else's video. You would be wise to seek out your own investigations.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#6 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 04:27 PM

Umm, okay, as input was requested, being the generous person that I am I offered what I had. Reviewing my origonal post I did not tell any one what they should think or believe.

Am I to believe then, Axman, that you don't consider it possible to learn from any thing other than our own individual experience? That be the case, why are we here? It is possible that I am missinterpreting your post all together. If so, please elaborate your position so that I can better understand. :rolleyes:

#7 dannyboy

dannyboy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:ghosts,egypt,ufos me kids me kids again and unhealthy food with red wine or vodka

Posted 19 February 2005 - 04:28 PM

To be honest i am someone who really wants to believe, and has taken (what i did believe)orb photos, when i first starting taking these i was convinced, then when i seen an orb with my own eye at a haunted inn i stayed at and i snapped it quickly with my digi, it showed up as an orb on the photo. So yet again i was convinced, but even with that in my mind and coming on this site i still am having less and less faith in orbs and orb photographs as somehow no matter what u say, people will always find an alternative to it being paranormal. It is so disheartening to me but i have to take it on board other wise i would be one of those people who get histerical over the stupidist things.
I am learning more each day and i am starting to think more skeptical about certain things, but that does not mean i have lost my belief in the after world,
i have not lost my open mind.
I LOVE U ALL

#8 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 19 February 2005 - 04:49 PM

Umm, okay, as input was requested, being the generous person that I am I offered what I had.  Reviewing my origonal post I did not tell any one what they should think or believe.

Am I to believe then, Axman, that you don't consider it possible to learn from any thing other than our own individual experience?  That be the case, why are we here?  It is possible that I am missinterpreting your post all together.  If so, please elaborate your position so that I can better understand. :rolleyes:

Read it again, I stated, "to satisfy your own curiosity". After all, if a person was simply going around asking for proof instead of looking into it themselves, he must be merely curious. Then again, I don't look at any and all photos as true "proof" of existence of ghosts. I use my own personal experiences to convince myself. Isn't that what we are here for, to share our experiences?
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#9 walkingsphere

walkingsphere

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 05:00 PM

Chear up Dannyboy, there are paranormal orbs. It's just that mundane causal orbs are far more common in photographs due to environmental conditions and bad photography technique.

Hint: My avatar is an infrared image of a paranormal orb. ;)

#10 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 05:27 PM

Okay Axman. Want we should leave it there? Really don't want, and did not intend to start a agruement. But I do want to add that I did not get the impression that Excentrik was unfamiliar with paranormal. The impression I did get was that he/she was seeking confirmation. Are you going through a doubtfull phase Excentik?

#11 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 10:17 PM

Never intended it as argument. I am simply stating that when someone want's a longer video of someone else's "proof" of the paranormal he's looking to satisfy a curiosity. It's almost impossible to use any video or photograph as evidence. There are many explainations to all of them but the one who experiences the paranormal first hand would have all he needs to convince himself. I personally don't post any photos because of the many I have taken during my investigations only one or two have anything in them and they could be taken as some other anomaly like light refraction and such. The most convincing video is of objects moving on their own. EVPs even provide better evidence than still photos. But if proof is still needed I'd recommend someone doing an investigation on his or her own so they can experience it first hand.

#12 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:25 PM

The term ORB is a short term for Basic Soul Form . The most basic electro magnetic form being . Orb simply means circular in shape . It doesnt identify anything paranormal. :rolleyes:

The term orbs became popular about the time of digital cameras . Doctor Dave O'Stinkletter from Ghost Study fame or infamy if you choose. It was simply ignorance in terminology in the infancy of digital media . What we now know is dust / moisture / imagination/ poor lighting / poor photography and so on. <_<

There are energies that can appear to the naked eye and be caught on film , but they are very rare . They move as fast as a blink in some cases. Hard to catch on film. :D

Dont be mislead about the term . Search for its origin and understand the word that is so easily thrown around as being relating to the departed .

Rockhauler2k1
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#13 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:46 PM

Hint: My avatar is an infrared image of a paranormal orb. :D

Hey walking sphere what happens if we get all the answers to your test right?
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#14 walkingsphere

walkingsphere

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 06:54 PM

Hey walking sphere what happens if we get all the answers to your test right?

:D :P Then I'll ask one of the ghosts living in my basement to visit you and give you a few good pics LoL. ;) :)

#15 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 20 February 2005 - 07:49 PM

Rockhauler pretty much sums up my feelings on "orbs". It's possible that some orb pictures might be something paranormal captured on film (or digital image as the case may be), but unless you can rule out the more mundane explanations all you're left with is your personal "faith" that what you have is paranormal in origin. I take lots of pictures for my website (which has nothing to do with the paranormal), and orbs pop up all the time. It's no coincidence that orbs became much more common with the advent of digital photography. Even the best digital camera can not approach the sharpness of film, and pixelation and artifacts of various kinds are just a natural byproduct of the way these cameras work. The placement of the flash close to the lens on most digital cameras also increases the likelihood of orbs. Again, that doesn't mean that all orbs that show up in digital photographs are nothing but photographic "glitches". It just means you should be aware of that possibility before assuming an orb picture is the "real deal".
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users