Old topic brought back-house in Newville PA,USA

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 ContortedImage

ContortedImage

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 10:48 PM

I posted with about this before back in mid-July as Sakura1605, and I would like to bring it back to see if any new information has been found. Any thoughts or opinions, just leave a reply.
To refresh your memory, here is some information taken from the previous thread.
Newville - route 233 - Take interstate 81 to the Newville exit an take route 233 towards Newville. You come to a intersection with flashing lights. Go straight thru until you see the elementary school on the left, the house is right across from the school. A farmer built this house for his wife but she ran off with another guy, he went nutz and hung one of his daughters in the upstairs bedroom and stabbed his other daughter then shot him self. There is still warm blood to this day in a 55 gallon drum in the workshop to the rear of the house. You MUST go in groups of 3 or more or you may never be seen again. Nobody has ever been able to enter the basement; some kind of force will not allow it.

I emailed the person at Carlisle Historical Society, which is not far from here. They told me the current owner of the house has left it in ruins, and it has lost a bit of the history behind it's walls. It was owned by a man named John McCullough.

There was a thread about this house back in July when I had not even a little bit of information on it. These were some of the replies of people going to the that posted:

Keiter Posted: Jul 30 2004, 02:46 PM

Group: Ghostvillagers
Member No.: 4875

I've been there twice. It is a little creepy and doesn't have a bathroom inside. I was in the basement once and nothing happened, but I was with both my parents, my grandmother, and my parents 1 friend. The second time I was with just my younger brother, but we didn't stay in that house too long by ourselves. ;D There is a lot of graffiti on the walls, and a bunch of holes in the walls. Someone tried fixing that house up a couple years ago but it didn't work, so they stopped. I know I wouldn't want to live in that house if you gave it to and paid all my bills while I lived there. That place is creepy enough just to drive by let alone staying in it.

NocturnalGrl1488 Posted: Aug 15 2004, 01:58 AM

Member No.: 5005

I was just at the house tonight. There is something very very evil there. I was there in the day and even felt it. I took some pics at night and day. I'll post them as soon as I finish the roll. But the place is really freaky. If anyone wants to hear about the experience I'll gladly tell you, but I wouldnt go up there at night if I was anyone. I've been to a lot of haunted places and nothing I've ever see has been that bad. My friend has a ghost hunting society. I am going to let him know about this place and maybe he will go up and do some recordings and stuff. But I will let everyone know, because I want to go in that house, in the daytime with a lot of people with, because something does not want people in there, thats all I am going to say about it

NocturnalGrl1488 Posted: Aug 15 2004, 10:26 AM

Member No.: 5005

Earlier in the day, day light hours. I was on the drive way near I believe the work shop and whatever the other shop is out there. But than I got out of the car, as I was walking around just to try to peer inside and see what was in them, I heard someone walking and chanting some crazy stuff I didnt understand. There was no one there, because there was no cars anywhere to be around, and I waited like a half hour to see if I did see anyone come out, no one came out. There was no footsteps or anything and it did rain, because when I went back at night my tire marks were still there and so were my footprints. But when we went back at night, my friend was shining the light on the house so I could get somne pics from the road before we went in. We turned around in the school and we were driving by again, and he was shining the light again, and something waas BAD_WORDing with his car, and its a brand new car, and we were at a house in elizabeth town the other night and nothing happened to his car. But anywho he books and I want to go back just to see if anything else would happen. So we go back park in front of the house, and we look and look, I just moved my eyes to the last window on the left and 2nd floor. I saw a white floating figure of a man and he came out of the window toward the car. Okay it was time to leave, I dont need no ghost chasing me. As we were speeding down the road, my friend turns the radio on, the station we had on was not on but there was a station with nothing but static, we turned it of, because spirits can communicate through that,But what was weird was the drive home. There was hand prints all over the car, my friend has burn marks on his arm, and its not from a ligther or a cig. Something was pulling my hair, I dont know what was going on, but it was really freaky. Than I turned the station back on, we were listening for anything, than I called my other friend to tell him what happened, and on my cell phone I heard a mans voice and it wasnt my friend and no one bled through on the phone, the mans voice said stay away. On the radio we heard death and after we heard death there was a note on the car that said your going to die on the backseat window behind the passenager seat. We took pics of the car and everything. That is what happened up there. Something that bad ever happened to me before.

So does anyone know anything about this house? Has anyone ever been there before, and what have they seen? Thanks for reading, have any information please share, I'd love to hear what you guys think. Thanks.
Erica.

#2 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:supernatural, history, reading, writing, criminology, cartoons, camping

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:02 AM

Sounds creepy to me. Is there any way for you to contact local ghost hunting groups to see if they've been there?
I love Shanon.Currently running Life 3.3 operating system. Upgrade due in 8 months.My Forum

#3 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:10 AM

It sounds very creepy....I didn't see it listed anywhere, what state is this in?? I will see what I can dig up if you let me know!!
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#4 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:supernatural, history, reading, writing, criminology, cartoons, camping

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:17 AM

Look at the name of the thread angelina. :D Newville, PA :weeee:
I love Shanon.Currently running Life 3.3 operating system. Upgrade due in 8 months.My Forum

#5 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:46 AM

Heres the original post if anyone is interested. http://www.ghostvill...owtopic=550&hl=
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#6 lovelygemini2004

lovelygemini2004

Monopolizes the shoutbox

• PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Interests:i have many interests but i have to say my biggest interest is my son he is only 6 months but he is so adorable in my profile i have a pic of me and my fiancee. if anyone would like to chat just email me. thanks a bunch.

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:56 PM

Heres the original post if anyone is interested. http://www.ghostvill...owtopic=550&hl=

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know exactly what house u r talking about and my fiancee and i along with his cousin are planning a trip there soon. but what i was wondering about because i am searching to see if anyone knows the story behind it. there is an allstate building in carlisle pa right by walmart and it has been told that no one can live in it and buisnesses are hard to have in there because it is haunted. and i was wondering along with my fiancee as to the story behind it. right now it is an allstate building but we have no clue as to if it is open. but have heard about it and just want to know the story about it. if u could help us out that would be great we want to plan a trip there also if it is open, but need to know a little aobut it first. thanks for the help. :whee:

#7 cali

cali

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:42 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know exactly what house u r talking about and my fiancee and i along with his cousin are planning a trip there soon. but what i was wondering about because i am searching to see if anyone knows the story behind it. there is an allstate building in carlisle pa right by walmart and it has been told that no one can live in it and buisnesses are hard to have in there because it is haunted. and i was wondering along with my fiancee as to the story behind it. right now it is an allstate building but we have no clue as to if it is open. but have heard about it and just want to know the story about it. if u could help us out that would be great we want to plan a trip there also if it is open, but need to know a little aobut it first. thanks for the help. :hug:

#8 cali

cali

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:03 PM

I have been to this house MANY times... I reserched this house a long time. I have been obsessed with this house since the first time I was in it, that was 8 years ago. I have been to the house a couple times a year. The history posted on this site is almost true, however there have been things left out. The farmer that built the house for his wife did go crazy. The farmer's wife left her husband for another man. The family lived in the house with his parents. The famer went crazy, hung his daughter in the attick. When his mother and father returned home he was waiting for them in their upstairs bedroom. The room is upstairs right of the steps back side of the house. The parents walked into the room, the farmer and his father had a dispute and pushed his father and mother out of each on of the bedrooms windows. They fell to their death. The house has been left in ruins, due to a lot of santanic worshipers and various vandalists.

The first time friends and I were there it was Thanksgiving night 97. We searched the house we started downstairs; there are 4 rooms, including the kitchen where you will find steps that leads to the basement. The basement is made of a dirt floor. There were all kinds of animal skeletons, which was VERY sad. After we left we returned months later we had more people and brought a ouija board and some candles. We were using it in the downstairs room on the left side between the 2 living rooms. We kept asking questions to the ghost that seemed to be the litte girl, she told us how daddy was mad the day after her mom ran away with the other man. She was pleading wiht him not hang her, as she was pleading wth him he hung her and watched her till she died. The guys we had with us started to mach her and another ghost started to talk to us. The board lifted out of hands and landed in the back rooms fire place. Instead of leaving after that we deceided to play truth and dare, the dare was we had to take turns sitting in the basement alone with just our cigarettes and a ligther. My best friend at the time was to go first, she did not believe in anything. We were standing in the kitchen when she came flying out of the house using the back kitchen door toward the car that was parked at the elementary school. She would not talk about it till we were back in Carlisle. She later told us that there was someone sitting next to her and when she felt her time was up she was thrown on the ground and had someone on top of her. To this day she will not talk about or go near that house.

I have been back SEVERAL times since. There is no way to go in the house any more. The floors are not suitable to walk on. I however have discovered ghe dirt lane that goes along side the house leads to the woods, if you follow the road straight back through the woods you will come to a grave of all the family members. If you look there is a small marking that is the one that the little girl was buried in. If you want to verify this you can contact the Cumberland County Historic society.

#9 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:34 AM

Think I drove past that place yesterday. It really is creepy, and has an evil vibe to it, even from the street.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#10 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:46 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know exactly what house u r talking about and my fiancee and i along with his cousin are planning a trip there soon. but what i was wondering about because i am searching to see if anyone knows the story behind it. there is an allstate building in carlisle pa right by walmart and it has been told that no one can live in it and buisnesses are hard to have in there because it is haunted. and i was wondering along with my fiancee as to the story behind it. right now it is an allstate building but we have no clue as to if it is open. but have heard about it and just want to know the story about it. if u could help us out that would be great we want to plan a trip there also if it is open, but need to know a little aobut it first. thanks for the help. :hug:

I know that place. I doubt it's open. And yeah, it's kinda creepy, but I doubt it's haunted.

Posted Image

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

#11 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:14 PM

Wait, is it across the street from Oak Flat Elemntery school?

:D :whee:

Posted Image

#12 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 04:39 PM

John Mccolough house on Philly register of historc places
And to think they ley this place go! Shoo'!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#13 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:38 PM

Yeah, I may've answered my own question, but oh well...

If it is, then I was out at it on April 14th 2006. It's reeeeally run down, vandalized and there are also holes in the walls. The floor joists are still really solid, at least according to my dad, who used to work on contruction sites as an electriction's helper (I think). On the second story, the graffitti and holes are just as wide spread, and in one room and part of another, the floor boards have been ripped up. The stairs to the attic/third story have been removed, most likely due to the fact that that particular floor seems heavily haunted. from what I could see of it from the stairs and second floor, it's pretty heavily graaffitied. From the landing before you get to the second floor hallway, I saw "666" spraypainted in red, along with the words "Do Not..." I'm more than willing to bet that the word that followed is "Enter." I got some majorly angery/malevolent vibes when I looked at that particular part of the third floor. :weeee: There's also an abandoned older car outside, next to a field. Also, it looks like the summer kitchen may've burned down quite a bit ago. If anyone considers taking me anywhere near the inside, it'll cost ya.

My Dad and I also took pictures of the place. As soon as I can get 'em developed, I'll have to try and either scan 'em or have 'em put on a pic CD. Although, if any of you have a scanner, I'll send a set from both cameras we used, and let y'all scan 'em. If you're interested, just PM me.

Posted Image

#14 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:35 PM

I talked to a friend of mine who's an Apache Shaman a few days ago about this house, and she said that there is definately a spirit trapped in the house. She can't tell why without doing a smudging, and she'd have to ask the owners to do that. I don't remember off hand if she's asked them to do it and they refused to let her do it, or if she doesn't have they're contact information. I have to go back through my Yahoo!Messenger archives to refresh my memory.

Posted Image

#15 irishangel

irishangel

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:12 PM

I have been to this house a couple of times now, the last time being last night. From the moment I got out of the car with my boyfriend and my son, I had this strange feeling come over me and I got pain in my chest. I didn't see anything but I could feel something that just didn't feel right. My boyfriend has a gift and is able to feel the presence of spirits. He has been in this house many times and has told me about the evil that resides here and his experiences with it. Last night, he said that the evil spirit was out behind the house somewhere and that there was a presence in the house on the 2nd floor. We went there to take a couple of pictures and while they were taking pictures, my son and I heard what sounded like a girl crying out in fear. Just after that, my boyfriend said that it was time to go. We left and I did not feel right at all. The further away from the house we drove the more I remember feeling depressed. From that point things get a little shady. My boyfriend and my son said that I was acting really strange. I couldn't sit still and kept telling them that I wanted to go back to the house. I don't remember everything but all I know is that I now feel drawn to that house and want to go back. My boyfriend does not want me to return and feels that the evil is what is calling me back to the house trying to draw me in to hurt me. I'm not sure I agree with that. I'm not really sure what I am feeling but I do know that I need to go back. I have been experiencing pains in my chest and headaches since we left that house. I need to figure out why. I believe that one of the children are reaching out to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users