Old topic brought back-house in Newville PA,USA

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:59 PM

Irish, I'm gong to have to side with your BF. DON'T GO BACK THERE!!! Especially not alone. The evil presence may be trying to lure you in because you resemble someone it harmed when it was alive. And the time I was there, I felt the presence up on the third floor. But I guess it wasn't all that interested in me... Still would love to go back, even if it's to help restore that gorgeous old building!!!

Oh, my curiousity is shouting at me to ask this: What do you and your BF know about the history of the house?

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#17 irishangel

irishangel

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:04 PM

Well I have to say that I have been back several times since this posting. I have only had one sighting myself since we've been back. It was on the 2nd story, 2nd window to the left of the balcony (which you can't see thru the trees). We saw several flashes of light all simultaneous. My BF has taken numerous pictures and we have caught some interesting things on the camera. There are numerous orbs on the pictures, all in different places at different times. My BF has sensed several evil presences while there.

I have also since come to realize that there is a remote possibility that I am somehow related to this family line. In looking at a family history that was done several years ago, I have come to find out that my last name is believed to have been changed from McCullough to McClurg when the line came over here from Ireland. That was something that I never knew when I first started going there. Each time that I have gone to that house, I have definitely sensed a presence and felt like I was being watched but have never had anything substantial happen other than leaving feeling depressed and then angry.

The only written history that I have come to find on the house is that it is listed as a National Historic building. In researching this, I found that the house was built in 1804 to 1807 and that John McCullough deeded the property to his 3 year old son William after it was built.

From my understanding from researching, John McCullough built the house for his wife and she ran off with another man. This enraged John McCullough and had drove him to murder his children and parents in that house and then killing himself.

My BF has seen many things in this house, including what looked like a bear, a little girl named Emily, and he's witnessed a 7 ft tall being chase him out of the house. He has left that house with scratches on his back that he did not even realize he had until after he left the house when they began to burn. When his friends lifted his shirt, he had two full hands of what looked like fingernail scratches down both sides of his back. He's also heard things in the house and seen and heard doors slam shut while he was in there.

Since going back recently, he has seen numerous beings. My son and nephew have also seen things from eyes glowing to shadows moving toward them and then backing away. However, for some reason it does not allow me to see it, only feel its presence. I must say though, that I am definitely drawn to this house.

#18 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:07 PM

:ghost: Wow! Kind of makes me glad I was only there once! And thanks for the information! It's quite possible that the spirit is related to you, and doesn't like your BF. Also, there is evidence of Satanic activity there, so it's possible that whatever was called up is still lurking about. That's just my take on it.

Posted Image

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

#19 irishangel

irishangel

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:11 PM

;) Wow! Kind of makes me glad I was only there once! And thanks for the information! It's quite possible that the spirit is related to you, and doesn't like your BF. Also, there is evidence of Satanic activity there, so it's possible that whatever was called up is still lurking about. That's just my take on it.

That makes a lot of sense then on why my BF has seen so many different entities and we have pictures with numerous orbs on them. Thanks for that info. We didn't know that.

#20 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:03 PM

You're welcome!

Thankfully, the one time I was there, I only sensed the one spirit up in the attic/second floor. :Spaz: Also thought I saw summat run at me from the back of the basement when I was peering in from the top of the stairs. And the only way you'd get me down there is if a couple people go down with me. :Spaz: Frackin' gave me th' heebity-jeebities. :Spaz:

Posted Image

#21 aftermidnight

aftermidnight

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:51 AM

Wow, sounds very interesting. Does anyone know if any ghost investagators have been in there yet? And also, did the historical socitey say why the currant owners stopped tring to renovate it?

#22 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:03 PM

I'm going to have to remind myself to go research it, and ask if they know. (Thank God I live a few blocks away from them...)

Posted Image

#23 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 06:03 PM

Here's a Cumberlink thread I started to see if anyone in the area knows anything, or could point me in the right direction to find out more:

CumberLink thread on the McCoullough house.

There're a couple good tips, that I'll have to check out.

Posted Image

#24 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:35 PM

Tax info

Aso, checked in the phonebook to see where the owners are listed as living, and Mickey is listed s living in Gardners.

Posted Image

#25 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:02 AM

Heres the original post if anyone is interested. http://www.ghostvill...y...pic=550&hl=

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there is an allstate building in carlisle pa right by walmart and it has been told that no one can live in it and buisnesses are hard to have in there because it is haunted. :)

I know that place. I doubt it's open. And yeah, it's kinda creepy, but I doubt it's haunted.

Work in Lamberton at the moment, and one of the folks I work with alsocleans the building. It's being used b the school to register new students. She's sensed something up on the third floor when she cleans it in the morning, usually 'round 5:30. I haven't been in there, so I can't attest for what she's told me.

Also, has anyone been out to the McCoullough house lately? I'm curious as to what's been done with the place, since I haven't had a chance to go out there recently. Although, another of my coworker's Daughter and wife is interested in the supernatural. He's skeptical as all get out, not that I care.

Posted Image

#26 aftermidnight

aftermidnight

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

Heres the original post if anyone is interested. http://www.ghostvill...y...pic=550&hl=

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there is an allstate building in carlisle pa right by walmart and it has been told that no one can live in it and buisnesses are hard to have in there because it is haunted. :)

I know that place. I doubt it's open. And yeah, it's kinda creepy, but I doubt it's haunted.

Work in Lamberton at the moment, and one of the folks I work with alsocleans the building. It's being used b the school to register new students. She's sensed something up on the third floor when she cleans it in the morning, usually 'round 5:30. I haven't been in there, so I can't attest for what she's told me.
why do they clean the building? Is it still used?

Also, has anyone been out to the McCoullough house lately? I'm curious as to what's been done with the place, since I haven't had a chance to go out there recently. Although, another of my coworker's Daughter and wife is interested in the supernatural. He's skeptical as all get out, not that I care.

#27 aftermidnight

aftermidnight

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:48 PM

why do they clean the building? Is it still used?

#28 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:50 AM

Yep, it's still used by Carlisle Area School District to register new students. Was I hallucinating when I put that in my last post?!?

Posted Image

#29 aftermidnight

aftermidnight

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:11 AM

Yep, it's still used by Carlisle Area School District to register new students. Was I hallucinating when I put that in my last post?!?

Im sorry, I read it wrong

#30 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:24 PM

*shrugs* happens to us all, hun. (smacks self) Take it easy on the snarks!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users