Old topic brought back-house in Newville PA,USA

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 jackie

jackie

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:14 PM

Hello. :clap: I'm new to this board. I saw a thread about this place and wanted to share my experience.

I went to the Newville house back 05. I've actually been there 3 times. This was in the summer, b/c me and my friends were ghosthunting all throughout that summer. The first 2 times we went there we thought we saw something in the window upstairs, but we didn't know what to make of it. (This was from across the street, we parked at the school). The last time we went was the most memorable. And the reason I will never go in there ever again.
It was a group of 7 or 8 of us. We parked across the street then walked over. We started at the back where the shed was. There was a barrel there, if it was filled with blood.. I dunno. We shined a flashlight in there but I couldn't tell you what it was. It kinda looked like there was just leaves in there and they got wet from the rain. Maybe it gave you the idea of blood, but I really couldn't tell you what it was. We went into the house then. We started at the front door. The grass was like 5 feet high and we had to walk thru it. We got to the front door, we actually had to jump into the front door. Because the wood had been eaten thru, where the steps were. The walls are covered with graffiti, and there were a set of stairs you could go up, and then a landing, and then nothing. The 2nd floor was pretty much non existant. We walked around the house and then went to the basement, you could actually get into the basement from the outside as well. The basement was just dirt and there was a dead cat down there. It was creepy. In fact, I've heard from other sources (websites) that the corpse of that cat has been down there for years. Years before I was there. The creepy part of that, is that if its true, there would be nothing left of that cat. Just skeleton or less. This cat looked like it had just died. I heard a story about the man that killed his wife and kid, buried their bodies in the back of the house. When we went out back and the 2 men that were with us, were jumping on what we thought was where these people were buried. (I don't know if thats true, but thats what I had heard). We went back into the house and walked up the steps and then stood on that landing. There is a window and you can see the backyard. All of a sudden we heard growling back there. I don't know what was making that growling noise.. it sound evil to be honest. I was absolutely terrified and the noise was getting closer and closer. I tried to see if anything was outside and couldn't see anything. Maybe we were just freaking each other out but we all made a run for the front door. I couldn't tell you who or what was making that noise, but I refuse to ever step back in the house again. I'll be honest, it just didn't feel right to be in there. There was something lurking in there and didn't want to be bothered.

And I'm sorry I don't remember a third floor, we couldn't even get up to the 2nd floor...

ALSO....
** I heard that the house had been torn down. But maybe I'm wrong. A friend of mine lives around there and he didn't see the house when he drove by about a month ago **

#32 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:15 PM

Huh, that would be a crying shame if it had been. I'd seen somewhere that the house was on a list of National Historic Places or something.

As for whatever was lurking there, Dad and I saw evidence of Satanic worship there when we checked it out. (Namely, most of the graffitti was of a mostly Satanic nature) So whatever was called up may still be lurking, and that may account for the growling you guys heard when you were there. That's my theory on that bit though.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#33 spell_bound

spell_bound

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:27 PM

Can anyone tell me the physical address? Thanks.

KLP :lol:

Hello. :( I'm new to this board. I saw a thread about this place and wanted to share my experience.

I went to the Newville house back 05. I've actually been there 3 times. This was in the summer, b/c me and my friends were ghosthunting all throughout that summer. The first 2 times we went there we thought we saw something in the window upstairs, but we didn't know what to make of it. (This was from across the street, we parked at the school). The last time we went was the most memorable. And the reason I will never go in there ever again.
It was a group of 7 or 8 of us. We parked across the street then walked over. We started at the back where the shed was. There was a barrel there, if it was filled with blood.. I dunno. We shined a flashlight in there but I couldn't tell you what it was. It kinda looked like there was just leaves in there and they got wet from the rain. Maybe it gave you the idea of blood, but I really couldn't tell you what it was. We went into the house then. We started at the front door. The grass was like 5 feet high and we had to walk thru it. We got to the front door, we actually had to jump into the front door. Because the wood had been eaten thru, where the steps were. The walls are covered with graffiti, and there were a set of stairs you could go up, and then a landing, and then nothing. The 2nd floor was pretty much non existant. We walked around the house and then went to the basement, you could actually get into the basement from the outside as well. The basement was just dirt and there was a dead cat down there. It was creepy. In fact, I've heard from other sources (websites) that the corpse of that cat has been down there for years. Years before I was there. The creepy part of that, is that if its true, there would be nothing left of that cat. Just skeleton or less. This cat looked like it had just died. I heard a story about the man that killed his wife and kid, buried their bodies in the back of the house. When we went out back and the 2 men that were with us, were jumping on what we thought was where these people were buried. (I don't know if thats true, but thats what I had heard). We went back into the house and walked up the steps and then stood on that landing. There is a window and you can see the backyard. All of a sudden we heard growling back there. I don't know what was making that growling noise.. it sound evil to be honest. I was absolutely terrified and the noise was getting closer and closer. I tried to see if anything was outside and couldn't see anything. Maybe we were just freaking each other out but we all made a run for the front door. I couldn't tell you who or what was making that noise, but I refuse to ever step back in the house again. I'll be honest, it just didn't feel right to be in there. There was something lurking in there and didn't want to be bothered.

And I'm sorry I don't remember a third floor, we couldn't even get up to the 2nd floor...

ALSO....
** I heard that the house had been torn down. But maybe I'm wrong. A friend of mine lives around there and he didn't see the house when he drove by about a month ago **

#34 spell_bound

spell_bound

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:29 PM

Does anyone have any pictures they would mind sharing? My email is klpryor@comcast.net.

I was thinking of going there on Nov. 1st after my tour of Gettysburg. Just curious.

Thanks, again

KLP :lol:

Hello. :( I'm new to this board. I saw a thread about this place and wanted to share my experience.

ALSO....

#35 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:25 PM

Just a bit of an update on the former allstate building. It's known as the Swarner Mansion. I've taken over cleaning it at night, and there is something there. Can't tell exactly what, but the one presence I've sensed feels male, and has watched me from the doorways to the offices and followed me down the narrowarsed back stairwell. As for the basement, only had to go down there once to shut off the lights... Good lord, I'm not doin' that again!!!!!!! :ghost: :ghost: Something down there seriously gave me the dang willies!!!

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#36 intrigued78

intrigued78

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:07 PM

Hello. :hug2: I'm new to this board. I saw a thread about this place and wanted to share my experience.

ALSO....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been around that area most of my life, That house has creeped out most ppl who go by it. I wa ssad to see that they did in fact level it in this past year.... :lol:

#37 smileyoureoncam

smileyoureoncam

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:42 PM

hi, i know some people might not even read this. buuut, i just wanted to let ya know that they tore down that house finally. it's actually been torn down for a couple of years now. it honestly kind of gave newville a relief, seeing how i've lived here my whole life. but at the same time it's said to go past where the house was and not seeing it. even though when i was little i dreaded goin by that place. i always felt as though i was being watched every time we passed. lol but yep. just wanted to let ya guys know (: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users