Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Ouija Boards; Evil?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: What are y'all's thoughts on Ouija

What are y'all's thoughts on Ouija

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 04 April 2005 - 12:18 PM

I chose that they are dangerous no matter who uses them for the simple fact that most people who use them are untrained in either ouijas, occult, magick, paranormal, etc. It is opening a doorway...to where or to what is debatable, but it is definitely created for communicating with a different realm...something that we have no control over.

If I pick up a phone and randomly dial a number and the person on the other end happens to be mean, all i have to do is hang-up. Except now there is caller ID so he can get my number and harrass me, or look my number on the internet and get my address...now I have a stalker all because I thought I was being funny and making a prank call. Ouijas work the same way. A door was opened and closed, but what came through the door while it was open is the question.

*I am thinking that maybe I want to write a sotry about the caller ID thing*
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#32 Zodiac

Zodiac

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:DDR, Snakes &amp; The Super Natural

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:25 PM

*I am thinking that maybe I want to write a sotry about the caller ID thing*

You should probally do that, I'd buy a book like that.

#33 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 07 April 2005 - 12:55 PM

*I am thinking that maybe I want to write a story about the caller ID thing*

You should probally do that, I'd buy a book like that.

Alright, I got my first sale! I will even autograph it for you! :D
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#34 Buxom66

Buxom66

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:09 PM

I think they are bad news no matter who uses them, I owned one when I was younger; all I can say is things got very scary. I ended up burning it and things got better.

#35 Mike

Mike

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:21 AM

Who shouldn't use a Ouija board?

Children, and teenagers.
Anyone that is using mind-altering drugs or alcohol.
Anyone that is not emotionally, or physically well.
Those that believe the Ouija board is evil.
Individuals in a negative frame of mind.

Once you elimiate the people above, the board becomes pretty safe in my eyes.

#36 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:45 PM

I'm not very into Ouija at all....Cardboard and letters is all it is to me.

Having said that, I need to add this: Any source which draws a spirit in, possibly against their will, cannot be a good thing. Of course, the source is actually the people participating, and not the board itself...But since it's the board which is the point on which the energy is focused, then it can become a means of danger.

Those of us who are able to enjoy spirit communication should never do so without the cooperation and willingness of those we wish to speak with. Several people gathered around a Quija can form an energy which they don't know how to navigate.

And...LOL at Alsie's remark about Monopoly. I am SO with you on that one, girl!!
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#37 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:44 PM

I'm not very into Ouija at all....Cardboard and letters is all it is to me.

My thoughts, too, Holly.

With that being said....

Bobnoxious gave me this really neat MINI Ouija board today! Here is a picture, with a tube of lipstick used to show scale:

Posted Image

So, how the heck can this thing really work? Here, I try to work the spirit board with my index finger, asking the nagging question, "Will the new Star Wars movie be better than The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy?" Not surprisingly, the answer is NO.

Posted Image

Oh, I noticed that the box to the Parker Brothers version of the board says "For Ages 8 and Up."
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#38 Mike

Mike

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:01 PM

Any source which draws a spirit in, possibly against their will, cannot be a good thing.

Is there actually precedence for this?

I've never heard of a Ouija Board draging a spirit in.

I thought it worked under the principle of both, the user and the spirit, wanting to communicate.

#39 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 01:16 PM

That lil oujia board is the cutest darn thing I ever seen! I want one! Barrett wants to know where the keys for the Jaguar that Bob got you are? Aren't they supposed to be on that key chain?

Glad to know I don't have to waste my money on the new Star Wars movie :D

:D ;) :D :P :weeee: :weeee:
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#40 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:52 PM

If you're a Star Wars fan (I'm borderline fanatic), you'll see Revenge of the Sith just to say you've seen it. The Star Wars NGs are divided: half the regulars purchased their tickets at least a month ago while the others are praying that George hasn't put out another mediocre film.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#41 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:59 AM

The comics was cracking me up.... :D

I choose it really dosent work....To me its the person not the board...The board is just a game....But who uses it may not look at it as a game....
"You only get 1 shot!"

#42 Chimera

Chimera

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 08:41 AM

evil in the wrong hands

#43 little supernatural girl

little supernatural girl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 09:41 AM

:clap: I vote evil in the wrong hands. If you do it occasionaly, I think it's just fine! As long as you don't get addicted, or don't be rude to the spirits, than it's fine.
<marquee>hey guys!</marquee>Posted Image

#44 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 09 May 2005 - 08:23 AM

The Ouija board is not evil, nor is it good. It is simply an inanimate object that can be used as a tool. It is kind of like a screwdriver, it is a good thing but if someone were to stab someone to death with it, that would be bad.

When using the boardk, you allow the spirits to use your body. True you don't know who it will be, it could be a bad spirit or not. The most important thing to do in my opinion is shut the door before you quit using the board. Send the spirits back before putting it in the box again. Very simple, I have done this tons of times and never had a problem with it. It is all a matter of using it right.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#45 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:43 AM

When using the boardk, you allow the spirits to use your body. True you don't know who it will be, it could be a bad spirit or not. The most important thing to do in my opinion is shut the door before you quit using the board. Send the spirits back before putting it in the box again. Very simple, I have done this tons of times and never had a problem with it. It is all a matter of using it right.

How can you be sure that the spirits you invite within really leave you? They may remain, but hidden. In truth, none of the living truly know the repercussions of merging with the dead, which you are doing when you use the board.
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users