Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Ouija Boards; Evil?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: What are y'all's thoughts on Ouija

What are y'all's thoughts on Ouija

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ApparitionSeeker

ApparitionSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Film, Writing, Acting, Theatre, Ghost Seeking, Alamo History, Rock 'n' Roll, Spirituality, Cults

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:15 PM

I think that they are dangerous no matter who uses them. What do you all think??

#2 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:47 PM

Let me explain why I marked them as dangerous.

When you use a ouija, you are knocking on a door to the spirit realm. There is no telling as to who might answer. Malicious spirits may lie about their identies or try to gain your trust before showing their true character.

I am not saying that all spirits who answer the call are evil, just that the potential is there.

Daewen has posted some guidelines she suggests when using the ouija. Others have come up with alternative methods of protecting yourself when using this potentially dangerous means of communication.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#3 RaoRao

RaoRao

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:ninja's, and girls

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:03 PM

this may be a stupid question but...

what is an ouija?
The Cyber-Netic Ninja RaoRao has returnedover 300 posts in the Fun-n-Games forum and still headin for the goldPosted Imagepm me if you can throw cardsi am looking for aim buddies!!!

#4 ApparitionSeeker

ApparitionSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Film, Writing, Acting, Theatre, Ghost Seeking, Alamo History, Rock 'n' Roll, Spirituality, Cults

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:01 PM

Ouija Boards (pronounced WEEJEE), a board that is used to communicate to spirits

#5 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:17 PM

I voted "They bare no evil entities or properties."

Although I do not speak from experience, as I have never used one or seen one used, I am somewhat skeptical that the board itself is any more dangerous than any other object used for communicating with the dead. I am still under the belief that if they were as dangerous as everybody believes, they wouldn't be sold as a toy in ToysRUs. I am sure that there are enough people who believe in the supernatural that they could force the board to be pulled from the shelves if it were truly as dangerous as some believe.

If a spirit can attach itself to the board, or use the board as a portal, it should also be able to use a pendulum for the same, or whatever other methods you use. So by itself, no the board is not evil, or else every Toys R Us in the world would be inundated with spirits.
Posted Image

#6 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:59 AM

Justa, you are correct that a ouija is just a board and that pendulums pose many of the same risks.

My question is, what exactly does the spirit "possess" during these two forms of communication? Does it control the planchet (or weight for pendulums) or the hand (such as what sometimes happens with automatic writing)?

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#7 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:07 AM

I voted dangerous no matter who uses them
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#8 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:27 AM

In my experience, they make a fun party game but that's about it. You'll pretty much get the results you expect, and if you expect "bad" things to happen you'll probably succeed in scaring the crap out of yourself. I could be wrong, of course, but having played around with the board myself I can say I've had no more or less "bad luck" in life than could be expected by chance. As for the "spirits" contacted while using the board, they were remarkable mainly for their lack of any accurate knowledge that was not already contained within the heads of those using the board at the time.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#9 hona

hona

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:11 PM

When you use a ouija, you are knocking on a door to the spirit realm. There is no telling as to who might answer. Malicious spirits may lie about their identies or try to gain your trust before showing their true character.

I agree with you on that one. I had one instance where a spirit followed me home. When I was playing the board at a friend's house, the name was the same. When I returned home and played it with my brother, it was the same name and I asked if the spirit had followed me home and he simply replied that he was walking home with me when I was walking home. :unsure:

I've also had a cousin who had a nightmare after playing the Ouija board. She was casually playing with some friends and later that night, she had a dream about a headless man warning her to stay away and quit playing before he makes himself known to them.

I also believe that the board is a form of portal, or gateway to the unknown. I've always thought of it as a form of witchcraft so after a few minor unexplainable experiences, I stopped playing. It's not something to mess with.

#10 michmarra

michmarra

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:The unexplained

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:27 PM

I haven't experienced the evil, but I'm sure the potential is there to stir up some trouble.

A few years back, friends of mine rented a home that had a bit of "character" to it. They claimed strange things happened, the clothes dryer would turn off and on, the sound of water dripping with no apparent cause. Things like that. I decided, as a house warming gift, to bring a ouija board. We were always looking for a new adventure!

The first time we tried it, we giggled more than anything. Or maybe that had to do with the tequila shots we were doing. In any case, we tried a second time a few days later and I think we were all quite shocked at the energy this board was offering us. I started jotting things down; names, dates, etc. Nothing evil happened, just a bit of history, if you will.

Later on that week, I was talking with my mother on the phone and I told her about the house my friends were renting and she casually asked where it was located. Well, ironically, she begun to tell me that during her days of being a visting nurse, she took care of an elderly couple that had both passed away in that house. The husband died during his sleep. The wife passed away while my mother was bathing her. My mother was able to validate most of the information we obtained using the ouija board.

Just thought I'd share..thanks for listening!

~Michielle

#11 Moon Queen

Moon Queen

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:I like to go on the computer, sing play the piano and listen to my favortie music. Hanging out with friends is cool and we always have a rockin' good time! lol

Posted 23 February 2005 - 07:00 PM

i do believe that ouigi boards hold a special freaky power
Posted Image"Don't think about tomorrow while your living in today!!"

#12 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 23 February 2005 - 07:22 PM

i voted "they bear no evil entities or properties" i honestly believe that ouija boards are pieces of compressed wood made by parker brothers or milton bradley or whoever makes them. essentially, ouija is a board game like monopoly or life. its not supposed to be evil. though i will disagree and say that monopoly IS evil. any game that can take up to five hours is a tool of evil.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#13 RaoRao

RaoRao

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:ninja's, and girls

Posted 23 February 2005 - 07:55 PM

well, know that i know what an ouija board is(thanks ApparitionSeeker :weeee: ), i might be able to explain what i think.

it is possible that they are evil. i don't really think that they are. they are only letting you communicate with a spirit, so how could it be evil? the spirit could be evil, yes. that is a deafinate 'yes'. but just because the spirit is evil doesn't mean the ouija board is evil.... right?

that's what i think. i'm basing off of what ApparationSeeker told me, so it could be wrong, but remember - these are all theories, so anythings possible!

The Cyber-Netic Ninja RaoRao has returnedover 300 posts in the Fun-n-Games forum and still headin for the goldPosted Imagepm me if you can throw cardsi am looking for aim buddies!!!

#14 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:42 PM

I votes - they are evil in the wrong hands, or should I say wrong minds? :ph34r:
Posted Image

#15 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 26 February 2005 - 03:38 PM

I say they are dangerous no matter who uses them...like aloha_spirit said, there's always the potential...personally, I think the spirits that are most eager to communicate with us are the negative ones because of our bodies...

hey, Moon, what do you mean the "wrong minds"...?
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users