NEWBIE EQUIPMENT HELP!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thaikih

thaikih

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:04 PM

Okay people! If you had a million dollars. And could start all over again and do everything right. What equipment would you buy and bring on an investigation? Details,,, Details. Name the equipment, what it does, how much approximately and give links if any to the site to buy it! I believe this would help out any newbie who is wanting to start but can't find the stuff to get going!

And also if some people want, they can do a poor mans tools for investigation if they don't have alot of money! thanks for your time people!

#2 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 12:07 AM

a palm size tape recorder, Emf meter which I can get a very nice one for $35.00 from Will County Ghosthunters Society, a new 35 mm camera with red eye block and automatic timer and tripod hook and sun block lens which I got with case and neck strap brand new for 24.95 and it is a Kodak from e-bay and it is brand new.Dowsing rods made from copper, a compass a headband flashlight that leaves your hands free 19.95 and a wireless headset for communication 40.00 and a leather bag to carry it all in 20.00. Pens , notebooks to keep records 10.00 and 3 or 4 hand held flash lights 40.00.
Bug spray for summer if your working in a cemetery or around deserted houses or buildings.I also have a cam corder 250.00, and also a digital camera 17.95 at Wal-mart. Plenty of film extra batteries for whatever takes batteries.

#3 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 27 February 2005 - 01:17 AM

thaikih:

You do not need a million you can easily do it even on a tight budget, think Ebay, I got about 80% of my equipment from Ebay, I just got out bid on a Raytek non-contact thermometer, how much did it go for $61.00, try and buy one from Raytek and see how much it is as for equipment this is what I have (this does not factor in the rest of the groups equipment) remember, think Ebay, oh and Wal-Mart has so great deals too!:

Camera 35mm

(2) Olympus AZ-200 Multi AF Super Zoom

Camera Digital

Olympus Camedia C-2020 Z with lens adapter and (2) 128MB Smartmedia cards

Video Camcorder

Sony Handycam Vision CCD-TRV43 Video Hi8 with Nightshot and HVL-IRC Battery IR Light.

Sony Handycam Vision CCD-TRV87 video Hi8XR with Super Nightshot.

Special Cameras/Camera Systems

Stealth Cam Model MC1-DCM (35mm camera and infrared motion detector all in one weatherproof unit)

(1) Wireless 1.2G infrared camera and receiver

(4) Sony infrared security cameras, 420 line, 200 feet of cable for each camera, B/W Quad Processor, Emerson 13 inch TV/VCR combo.

EMF Detectors

(1) Dr. Gauss Huntar Company Inc.
(2) Safe Range EMF Meter K-11 Enterprises
(1) CellSensor

Infrared Thermometer

LA CROSSE Technology IR-101 - features continuous collection of MIN/MAX values to evaluate the warmest and coldest point with display of current temperature. Data hold function to save the latest value in the display.

Raytek Minitemp MT4 Infrared Thermometer

CEM DT-8811 Infrared Thermometer

IR Filters & Lenses

Hoya R72 55mm for use with Olympus C-2020 Z

3.5 infrared lens (for ACDelco spotlight)

5 infrared lens (for Coleman spotlight)

2 infrared lens (for Mag-Lite)

Audio Recorder

Philips AQ6341 Memo Recorder with Voice Activation

Olympus DW-90 Digital Voice Recorder

Radio Shack DR-90 Digital Recorder

Panasonic RR-DR60 IC Recorder

GE Model 3-5375A Micro Cassette Recorder with Auto Voice Record

Microphones

Labtec Verse-504 Microphone boom - unidirectional - Sensitivity: -67db, -47 dBV, - Frequency response: 100-16,000Hz Impedance: 2000 ohms.

Omnidirectional Boundary Microphone Radio Shack Model 33-2022, 30 18,000Hz frequency response.

Motion Detectors

(1) Radio Shack 49-426 portable

Also Stealth Cam (see above has a built in motion detector)

Light

AcDelco Model 59-280(U) 1.5 million CP rechargeable spotlight

Coleman 2 million CP rechargeable spotlight

Mag-Lite 2 D Cell

Media

35mm film: Kodak Max Versatility Plus 800 24 exp.

8mm: Maxell GX-MP High Quality metal particle 120 min

Audio: Radio Shack HC-60, 60 minute High Bias Type II
TDK High Output D60

(1) First Aid Kit

Communication

(2) T5000 Motorola Talkabouts with headsets
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#4 thaikih

thaikih

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 03:10 PM

WOW , that was alot of info, thanks alot poeple for all the info, maybe you just haelped out some new starters in this fun and exciting life of Ghost hunting

#5 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 22 March 2005 - 04:40 PM

Just keep in mind that what ever equipment you buy (this is my opinion and is shared by a great many but not all) stay away from digital. In a nutshell it has a lot of problems making the evidence collected from this media tainted. It also leaves you no "hard" evidence that can be re-produced or scrutinized. Buy a tape recorder and a 35mm camera not digital equivalents.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 nchrck

nchrck

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:46 AM

I agree with krc. I have a digital camera and a digital dvr, though. I am going to start getting disposable cameras and also a actual "tape" recorder. Just to back up what we get on digital. And try to take two pics of everything you snap. I have what I am pretty sure is a ghost pic capture, but I only have one view becuz I wasn't expecting to get anything! And it was on my digital camera. I can tell you that no one was in that room but unless you were there, or have ever been there, you don't know for sure.

#7 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:51 PM

nchrck...I would get a full size cassette recorder when you get one. Even if the small sized recorder. They are much easier to clean up when you look for evp. Instead of getting disposables, I would get a 35mm cam and just buy the film. It will be much cheaper for you in the long run as the disposables can get spendy.

As for having the million dollars. I have all the equipment I need, I would only add one thing...a pair of night vision goggles. A little too spendy for me right now.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users