Urban Legends

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 02 March 2005 - 03:19 PM

Gaaaaaaaaaaa!

True or not, I'll not be able to get that one out of my head! No more Taco Bell for the Vampie <shudder> :wacko:

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#17 RadicalFlower

RadicalFlower

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Hello there<br /><br /> I have alot of interest haha.. i like EVPing it is really cool as to what some of the stuff ya can get and what the spirit world has to say to ya.. i try to stay away from the ouija board or anything that would invite a ghost ..i dont know if i can take seeing a apperition yet haha..i like the paranormal though . i like maing new friends from all over the world and i like having a good ole time on here with my friends ...

Posted 02 March 2005 - 04:02 PM

OMG that IS gross .. i will never ever go to toco Bell again..I hated it before I REALLY hate it now OMG...GAG!!! hehehe

i have Always like liked the one With You standing and staring into a mirror in the Bathrom and Saying Bloody mary Threetime ...
Posted ImageMy Baby Girl ^^^Posted ImageMy Oldest Daughter^^^Posted ImageAnd My Son he is in the middle ^^^ lol

#18 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 02 March 2005 - 04:07 PM

Anybody ever try it?
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#19 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 02 March 2005 - 04:20 PM

There's a few threads on the board here about Bloody Mary. Lots of info on them (trying to merge them into one gigantic thread though)

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#20 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:29 PM

Speaking of Oz, this isn't a rumor. They had to replace the original Tin Man because the first one was allergic to the paint they used. Tin Man was oringinally given to Buddy Ebsen, I believe and he was so allergic to the paint that he had to go to the hospital. I'm from Kansas and sterotypically I am supposed to know about this movie.

#21 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 01:38 AM

*This girl was in a real hurry one day, so she stopped off at a Taco Place, (actully I think it was Taco Bell) and got a Chicken Soft Taco and ate it on the way home. Well that night she noticed that her jaw was kind of tight, and swollen. The next day it was a little worse, so she went to her doctor. He said she must of had an allergic reaction to something and gave her some cream to rub on her jaw to help it. A couple days passed, and the swelling had only gotten worse and she could hardly move her jaw now. So she went back to her doctor to see what was wrong. Her doctor had no idea, so decided to run some tests. They scrubbed out the inside of her mouth to get tissue and saliva samples. Well, they found out what was wrong...Apperantly the Chicken Soft Taco she ate had a pregant roach in it!!! The eggs then somehow got into the girls saliva galnds, and she was incubating them inside her mouth. Thye had to remove a couple layers of skin to get the eggs out, and if they had't of gotten to the eggs then, they might of hatched inside her mouth

This one is gross but I found it on line a while back. What do you think of this one?
Cathy

The first thing made me think that this one was a little fishy was the fact that the doctor gave her a cream for an allergy. Most creams are for superficial localized allergic reactions, such as poison ivy. Since the source of the supposed allergy came from within her mouth, giving her a cream for the outside of her jaw would do little to help. If the doctor were truly worried about an allergy, he probably would have given her a systemic anti-histamine, as anything that involves swelling in the mouth could occlude the airway.

The second thing that made me go "hmmmm" is that the saliva glands are excretory, which means that they excrete saliva. As you chew your food, they excrete more, so it would be hard for the roach eggs to become embedded in the glands, unless for some reason there was a sudden "vacuum" effect. If it were possible while she was chewing for the eggs to get lodged in them, then I am sure we would hear a lot more stories of people with this problem, as we all have them, and we all eat, and there are some pretty small particles that we chew up at times.

But, I have to agree with the others... no more taco bell... maybe. But I love my taco salad. :weeee:
Posted Image

#22 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 03 March 2005 - 04:42 AM

The Taco Bell is pure urban legend. Here's a link from Snopes.com, a reliable urban legend "clearing house" of sorts: http://www.snopes.co...od/tacobell.htm

Pretty much every major fast food chain has a legend of its own. McDonald's has one about serving "worm burgers" and KFC has two: the ever popular "Kentucky Fried Rat" and the more recent "they changed their name from Kentucky Fried Chicken to KFC because they use genetically modified chickes and the government won't allow them to call their product chicken" story.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#23 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 03 March 2005 - 09:55 AM

Speaking of Oz, this isn't a rumor. They had to replace the original Tin Man because the first one was allergic to the paint they used. Tin Man was oringinally given to Buddy Ebsen, I believe and he was so allergic to the paint that he had to go to the hospital. I'm from Kansas and sterotypically I am supposed to know about this movie.

Ghost - you are right about this one. Buddy Ebsen was the first tin man and he had to quit due to allergic reaction to the makeup.
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#24 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 03 March 2005 - 12:01 PM

Oh Bobnoxious, I was not saying it was true but I did have it sent to me in an email a while ago. Just thought it was GROSS! But I will see if I can find anymore they are fun to read.
Cathy
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#25 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:30 PM

Oh Bobnoxious, I was not saying it was true but I did have it sent to me in an email a while ago. Just thought it was GROSS! But I will see if I can find anymore they are fun to read.
Cathy

Sorry. If you want gross, I can tell you some true tales from my days working fast food. I worked at a Taco Bell for a while, and one day the toilet got clogged up with...well, let's just say it was not a pretty sight. The manager on duty (who was only a few years older than me) grabbed a pot we used for cooking the filling of chili cheese burritos and filled it up with the contents of the toilet bowl so it would be easier to plunge the toilet. I don't remember where he dumped the pot, but after clearing out the clog and disposing of the mess, he took the pot back in, washed it out in the sink, and cooked up some chili cheese burito filling like it was no big deal. Suffice it to say, I didn't eat any chili cheese buritos there until they switched over to the pre-cooked "meat in a bag" system they use now.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#26 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 09:04 PM

GAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, since 5 days a week, my lunch options involve fast food, fast food or fast food....can we refrain from fast food horror stories? Pwetty Pwease?

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#27 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:03 AM

lol @ Vampie.

I have horror stories from the Seasider, but won't post them to humor our trivia ferret.

In the Islands we have an urban legend that if you pick a particular fern off a pali (cliff), it will start pouring within 5 minutes. I've tried it a few times and it always work for me.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#28 cryptkeeperva

cryptkeeperva

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Have over twenty plus years experience in the paranormal investigation field. I do not claim to be an expert as there is no such creature in paranormal investigations.<br><br>It does not matter how long you have been doing it, you will always be learning something new. I know as I said I have twenty plus years and yet I learn something new every day.<br><br>I have my own investigation team founded by me on August 20 2002. I love the paranormal and will help anyone in any way I can. All you have to do is ask.

Posted 12 March 2005 - 12:43 AM

Hey Everyone,

I see since I was here before everyone took over my job as resident storyteller lol.

Seriously ask KellKell or any of the other village elders everyone used to rave about my urban legends.

Let me give you some.

There is a girl in college, she has this roommate that is an insatiable lovemaking machine. Everytime she comes in her dorm room her roommate is with someone new. The girl we will call Mary, use to come in the room and the first thing she did was cut on the light. Her roommate scolded her for it and Mary promised it would never happen again.

Mary goes off to study in the Library one evening, she studies long and hard. She happened to glance at her watch and realize its going on 1 am and she has an early class the next morning. She rushes back to her dorm room, she unlocks the door and enters to hear her roommate make moaning sounds. Mary says, I remember what you said I am not cutting on the light."

So Mary gets undressed and goes to bed. The next morning her alarm goes off. She does not roll over and yells for her roommate to get up as she has the same class as Mary does. Mary gets no response.

Mary finally rolls over to see her roommate horribly sliced to pieces. Mary notices something on their mirror. Written in blood is the words, "Aren't you glad you didn't cut on the lights."

Crypt
Posted Image

#29 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 12 March 2005 - 05:16 PM

Cathy

Sorry. If you want gross, I can tell you some true tales from my days working fast food. I worked at a Taco Bell for a while, and one day the toilet got clogged up with...well, let's just say it was not a pretty sight. The manager on duty (who was only a few years older than me) grabbed a pot we used for cooking the filling of chili cheese burritos and filled it up with the contents of the toilet bowl so it would be easier to plunge the toilet. I don't remember where he dumped the pot, but after clearing out the clog and disposing of the mess, he took the pot back in, washed it out in the sink, and cooked up some chili cheese burito filling like it was no big deal. Suffice it to say, I didn't eat any chili cheese buritos there until they switched over to the pre-cooked "meat in a bag" system they use now.

I think a 5 gallon bucket would have sufficed. It's also disposable and every resaurant kitchen has a ton of them lying around.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#30 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:40 PM

Had to resurrect this thread when I ran across this news item today.

http://www.washingto...-2005Mar23.html

Woman Eating Chili Bites Into Human Finger

The Associated Press
Wednesday, March 23, 2005; 10:35 PM

SAN JOSE, Calif. - A woman's meal at a Wendy's restaurant brought a whole new meaning to the term "finger food." The woman bit into a portion of a human finger while eating a bowl of chili Tuesday night at the San Jose restaurant, Santa Clara County health officials said Wednesday.

The woman, who asked officials not to identify her, immediately spit out the finger and warned other diners to stop eating, witnesses said.

"Initially she did put this object in her mouth and did bite down on it and wasn't sure exactly what it was," Santa Clara County Health Officer Dr. Martin Fenstersheib said at a news conference. "She's doing OK. Initially she was a bit grossed out it was described to me, and vomited a number of times."

Fenstersheib said the finger had been cooked at a high enough temperature to kill any viruses.

Officials said the fingertip was approximately 1 3-8-inches long and a half-inch piece of fingernail was also found. They believe it belongs to a woman because of the long, manicured nail.

Health investigators seized all of the ingredients at the restaurant and are tracing them back to their manufacturer. They believe the finger got into the chili at an earlier stage.

"We have no evidence of any accident within the employees at the facility itself," said Ben Gale of the Santa Clara County Health Department. "We asked everybody to show us they have 10 fingers and everything is OK there."

The restaurant has had only one minor health violation stemming from a leaky vent, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

"Food safety is of utmost importance to us," Wendy's spokesman Joe Desmond said in a statement. "We are cooperating fully with the local police and health departments with their investigation. It's important not to jump to conclusions. Here at Wendy's we plan to do right by our customers."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users