Urban Legends

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 28 March 2005 - 08:34 PM

yeah i did...got a few free shots (not that that isnt normal).
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#47 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 29 March 2005 - 03:44 AM

As for the fingertip - wouldn't someone know that he/she was missing it??????

The incident at the Red Robin they knew about it, they just didn't do a very good job finding the severed digit. That one happened on site at the restraunt, so there's no real excuse for not finding the finger. I don't care if you have to dump all the food in the area, you get that finger found. The bad publicity from that no doubt cost them more money in business than throwing away a little food would have. The Wendy's thing aparently happened at a seperate factory where they just make the chili. I'm sure the person who lost their finger was well aware of what happened to them, and probably even told their supervisor (I say probably because some people are so dumb they'd probably worry about losing their job if they mentioned they just severed part of their anatomy). Again, someone probably figured it wasn't worth it to just dump that batch of chili.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#48 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 29 March 2005 - 02:52 PM

Oh, that was gross! :blink:

I take it, you don;t know about the mouse in the bottle legend? Supposedly the mice enter the bottling area where they fall into vats of said beverage, Coke, beer, wine, etc. The machine that fills the bottles shoots the remains of the critters into the said bottle. This may have happened years ago, but today most of these vats are closed containers.

Axman - I heard it was a dead rat, but no matter. It is quite sickening either way.
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#49 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 29 March 2005 - 02:53 PM

a mouthfull of glass? That's terrible! Did you say anything about it? That's so dangerous...

I sure said something about it. I got a free meal.
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#50 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:10 PM

Axman - I heard it was a dead rat, but no matter. It is quite sickening either way.

It makes a funny movie though. Recall "Strange Brew" starring Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas (not the Wendy's founder). The McKensie brothers try to get free beer at the fictional Elsinore Brewery by putting a mouse in a beer bottle.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#51 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:25 AM

Hey Axman - our avatars are coordinating rather nicely. :(

#52 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:17 PM

Hey Axman - our avatars are coordinating rather nicely. :(

Look, we're sypatico, we both shop at the same store! --Beetlejuice
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users