Urban Legends

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Lonely_Soul

Lonely_Soul

Doesn't like labels

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:skateboarding,snowboarding,comdey movies,james masters,buffy the vampire slayer,xena,afi,misfits,spitalfield

Posted 26 February 2005 - 08:47 PM

These urban ledgans are from h
Mommy's Little Helper

A young girl watched her mother scold her younger brother for again wetting his pants by yelling that the next time it happened she was going to "cut it off!" A few days later the mother returned from shopping to find her daughter waiting at the door with a bloody kitchen knife, she said "Timmy wet his pants, but don't worry it won't happen again 'cause I did just like you said."

The Blair Witch Project

The film, The Blair Witch Project is an actual documentary and was found under some rocks a couple years after the disappearance of the filmmakers.
There is a legend of The Blair Witch.
The movie was based on true events, such as the serial killer.

Off To See the Wizard

In one scene from The Wizard of Oz you can see someone in the background hang themselves.
<marquee>Be YourSelf......You were born an orginal don't die a copy.</marquee>Posted ImagePosted Image<marquee>@~!Death is gods way of telling you your fired!~@</marquee>

#2 Ginevra Weasley

Ginevra Weasley

Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:Um, Harry Potter if you couldn't guess. And a good ghost story on the side! lol

Posted 27 February 2005 - 12:48 PM

These urban ledgans are from h
Mommy's Little Helper

A young girl watched her mother scold her younger brother for again wetting his pants by yelling that the next time it happened she was going to "cut it off!" A few days later the mother returned from shopping to find her daughter waiting at the door with a bloody kitchen knife, she said "Timmy wet his pants, but don't worry it won't happen again 'cause I did just like you said."

The Blair Witch Project

The film, The Blair Witch Project is an actual documentary and was found under some rocks a couple years after the disappearance of the filmmakers.

Off To See the Wizard

In one scene from The Wizard of Oz you can see someone in the background hang themselves.

HIYA and welcom to GV!! Hope you enjoy your stay hehe :weeee:

Mommy's Little Helper

LOL . . . that's funny . . . but horrible if it did really happen . . .

The Blair Witch Project

Sorry hun but it's pretty much common knowledge that this was all the work of the movie producers . . . all fiction . . . http://www.snopes.co...hosts/blair.htm oh yeah . . . that is a great website by the way . . . you should browse it . . . :weeee:

Off To See the Wizard

I've always been a fan of this one . . . but it is generally believed that it is actually one of the big birds they had on set . . .flapping it's wings in the background . . . oh well . . . I like to believe that it's a cover up lmao . . . but probably not . . .
Aura: Crimson . . . the hot sexy beasts of GV!THE BANANA SAY'S, "Don't peel me, I want to live!"Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Lonely_Soul

Lonely_Soul

Doesn't like labels

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:skateboarding,snowboarding,comdey movies,james masters,buffy the vampire slayer,xena,afi,misfits,spitalfield

Posted 27 February 2005 - 01:05 PM

Theres some really gross Urban Ledgans i found but i don't think i should post them on here lolz. Heres some others i found though...

The Chatroom

A young boy met a new friend in a chat room and began talking to him regularly, the friend was from out of state but would be in town in a couple weeks and they made plans to sneak out and meet. The boy began to feel odd about the arrangement and confessed the whole thing to his father. The father contacted the authorities and after a couple hours the chat was traced to a local prison, the prisoner who'd been using that computer was scheduled for release in two weeks.

Drinking & Driving

A man got home late from a night out drinking with the boys and staggered inside, his wife heard him and helped him into bed. The next morning she complained about his behavior and how she worried about how he makes it home so drunk. He agreed that he had no memory of the last few hours of his night out, but said he'd never had a problem before. As he pulled out of the garage to go to work, his wife was who had been watching him angrily from the front door screamed when she saw the little girl crushed into the grill of the car.

Thump, Thump, Drag...

A teenage baby-sitter put the kids she was watching to sleep in their beds and went back downstairs. The late night news was on the TV -- the reporter said a psychopath from a local mental institution was on the loose and that police thought he might be in the area. He cautioned residents to lock their doors and windows because this guy was very, very dangerous. Well, the teenager checked the locks on the windows and the doors, but she forgot the door on the cellar bulkhead. Needless to say, the psychopath broke in about an hour later, coming up from the cellar, armed with an ax. The children heard some noises downstairs, but thought it was the baby-sitter moving some furniture around. Then it got real quiet. All they heard for the remainder of the night was this noise: "Thump! Thump! Dra-aag... Thump! Thump! Dra-aag..." Evidently, they were too afraid to get up to see what it was. In the morning, their parents came home and were horrified to find the babysitter at the top of the stairs, dead with both arms hacked off at the elbows. She'd been climbing the stairs on the bloody stumps of her arms, pulling her badly injured body along. Was she trying to check on the children? Was she trying to get help? Or in the madness of her tortured soul, was she planning to kill the children herself? No one knows for sure.

I'll probably get somemore later. Hope you enjoyed it!
<marquee>Be YourSelf......You were born an orginal don't die a copy.</marquee>Posted ImagePosted Image<marquee>@~!Death is gods way of telling you your fired!~@</marquee>

#4 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:46 PM

A teenage baby-sitter put the kids she was watching to sleep in their beds and went back downstairs. The late night news was on the TV -- the reporter said a psychopath from a local mental institution was on the loose and that police thought he might be in the area. He cautioned residents to lock their doors and windows because this guy was very, very dangerous. Well, the teenager checked the locks on the windows and the doors, but she forgot the door on the cellar bulkhead. Needless to say, the psychopath broke in about an hour later, coming up from the cellar, armed with an ax. The children heard some noises downstairs, but thought it was the baby-sitter moving some furniture around. Then it got real quiet. All they heard for the remainder of the night was this noise: "Thump! Thump! Dra-aag... Thump! Thump! Dra-aag..." Evidently, they were too afraid to get up to see what it was. In the morning, their parents came home and were horrified to find the babysitter at the top of the stairs, dead with both arms hacked off at the elbows. She'd been climbing the stairs on the bloody stumps of her arms, pulling her badly injured body along. Was she trying to check on the children? Was she trying to get help? Or in the madness of her tortured soul, was she planning to kill the children herself? No one knows for sure.

I'll probably get somemore later. Hope you enjoyed it!

This one has all the trimmings from an Alfred Hitchcock program.

How about this one that has been circulating for years:

A woman in a college dorm somewhere in northern Illinois came back to her room very late one night. She was so tired that she didn't even bother to turn on the lights. She just climbed into bed. The next morning she woke up and her roommate had been murdered. Scribbled on the mirror in lipstick it said, "Thanks for not turning on the lights."

Creepy, creepy one that we used to tell to each other in college.
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#5 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:48 PM

Off To See the Wizard

I heard about this one. Someone said that one of the munchkins hung himself. Interesting how things get started.
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#6 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:06 PM

A couple of the grosser ones I've heard are:

The woman with the beehive hairdo that ended up with either ants or roaches nesting inside

The woman who dozed off while sunbathing and had either ants or earwigs crawl into her ear and then into her brain.

And my hubby wonders why I freak out about insects....lol. Both of those I heard at a rather impressionable age...about 6 or 7 years old.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#7 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:15 PM

Oh gosh, Vamp - don't little kids eat bugs at that age :)

#8 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 28 February 2005 - 04:43 PM

I didn't. <shudder>

:D

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#9 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:24 AM

I like the chat room legend, because it shows that the old forms are still being adapted to new fears. I remember there was one circulating in the eighties (which I still insist on telling myself wasn't that long ago) about a guy sleeping with a girl and waking up with a message written on his mirror saying "welcome to the world of AIDS" or something to that efffect. One of my favorites is "The Mexican Pet". In this one, a woman takes a vacation to Mexico and finds a scrawny little chihuahua. She returns to the states, and her pet is illl. She takes it to the vet, and the vet tells her she doesn't have a dog, she has a rat.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#10 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:35 PM

Alright - anyone ever heard of this one? It has to do with the song Love Rollercoaster from the 1970s. There is a girl screaming in the instrumental part of it. There was a myth, urban legend, whatever you would like to call it that the girl was watching the band record and was murdered and they caught her screaming on tape. No matter what was really behind all of this, that scream still gives me chills.

#11 Ginevra Weasley

Ginevra Weasley

Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:Um, Harry Potter if you couldn't guess. And a good ghost story on the side! lol

Posted 01 March 2005 - 05:56 PM

Alright - anyone ever heard of this one? It has to do with the song Love Rollercoaster from the 1970s. There is a girl screaming in the instrumental part of it. There was a myth, urban legend, whatever you would like to call it that the girl was watching the band record and was murdered and they caught her screaming on tape. No matter what was really behind all of this, that scream still gives me chills.

http://www.snopes.co...dden/roller.htm

http://www.snopes.co...ms/ozsuicid.htm
Aura: Crimson . . . the hot sexy beasts of GV!THE BANANA SAY'S, "Don't peel me, I want to live!"Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:13 AM

Wow - great detective work Ginerva - and to think all that time it was actually a MAN screaming in Love Rollercoaster!

I just can't see the spot where there is a big bird in The Wizard of Oz. I'll have to watch the movie and look closer.

#13 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:31 AM

*This girl was in a real hurry one day, so she stopped off at a Taco Place, (actully I think it was Taco Bell) and got a Chicken Soft Taco and ate it on the way home. Well that night she noticed that her jaw was kind of tight, and swollen. The next day it was a little worse, so she went to her doctor. He said she must of had an allergic reaction to something and gave her some cream to rub on her jaw to help it. A couple days passed, and the swelling had only gotten worse and she could hardly move her jaw now. So she went back to her doctor to see what was wrong. Her doctor had no idea, so decided to run some tests. They scrubbed out the inside of her mouth to get tissue and saliva samples. Well, they found out what was wrong...Apperantly the Chicken Soft Taco she ate had a pregant roach in it!!! The eggs then somehow got into the girls saliva galnds, and she was incubating them inside her mouth. Thye had to remove a couple layers of skin to get the eggs out, and if they had't of gotten to the eggs then, they might of hatched inside her mouth

This one is gross but I found it on line a while back. What do you think of this one?
Cathy
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#14 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:49 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 12:24 PM

Oh gosh, Cathy! I'm just about to eat......

Actually, there was something similar circulating on the Internet about someone licking envelopes and getting roach eggs on her tongue. Oh, makes you think twice about things. :ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users