Small Acts of Kindness

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:08 PM

I thought I'd share this with you all. I admit I'm inspired by a series in my local paper (The Toronto Star) with the same title (Small Acts of Kindness) that details these things, submitted by readers.

Anyway.....lol

The front door of my house is an old wooden door that sometimes warps or swells slightly when it's very cold and/or damp. Over the last few days, Toronto has been hit by that snowstorm that so many folks in Eastern North America got....so BOTH cold and damp.

And this morning, I simply couldn't pull the door tight enough to be able to lock it on my own. And I live in the second floor apartment of the house, so I have no access to the back door which is through the main floor apartment. And my hubby is away until Sunday. No one to stand on the inside of the entryway to push the door tight so I can lock it.

Obviously, I'm not very strong.

So there I am, trying to lock my front door, near tears, kicking the door, unable to lock it, and I have to get to work. Imaging the reaction from my boss when I call him to say I can't come in, I can't lock my front door. When this woman, she must have been in her late 60's or early 70's, approached me to help me. She had the strength to pull the door shut tight while I turned the lock and locked the door. (which kinda makes ME look like a weakling...but then....lol...I am!). I was so grateful I nearly started crying right then and there!

I usually don't expect these kinds of things living in the city, when you live in major Urban centres, we all have a tendency to shut out the world around us, mostly for the sake of personal safety I guess. This kind of thing I remember being the norm in the small town I grew up in, but its the first time such a thing occured to me while living in downtown Toronto!

Made my morning I tells ya!

So nice older lady, MANY THANKS!

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:10 PM

small acts - BIG IMPACT!
Posted Image

#3 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 07:16 PM

Are you sure you're not pregnant?
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#4 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 02 March 2005 - 07:35 PM

LOL!!!!

Trust me, I've got the proof that I'm currently not pregnant at this point. :P I was just fustrated, and sometimes fustration makes me weepy....and when she helped me out, well....I really wasn't expecting some nice older lady whom I would have helped come and help me! ;)

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#5 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 10:30 AM

You sounded very pregnant to me..... :P
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#6 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 10:39 AM

:P Nope, just generally overtly emotional at times......lol

Wish I was though....

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users