good haunts in northern illinois

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 16 April 2004 - 04:09 PM

okay, i live in the WORST place in the world for hauntings: hick town, the illinois branch. i live about three hours away from chicago and an hour from the wisconsin border, which is really inconveinient for a weekend ghost hunter without a license. does anyone know about any hauntings in northwestern illinois? i live around the rockford illinois area, if that helps at all.
  post and email me, i'm dying for locations!

alsie r.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#2 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 04:41 PM

Hello Alsie R., and welcome to the village. I hope you will grow old with us here at gv. Here are a couple of sites that may be of interest to you.

http://riptx.riptx.net/illinois.htm

Rockford - Bell School Rd - corn field - sightings of white orbs, a strange man who disappears once you leave the corn field, off of bell school rd close to the new condos just built

Rockford - Blackhawk - it is said that in this house down the road a black man was shot in the basement and now the people that live in that house have seen a black shadow wander around their house during the night.

Rockfard - Bloods Point - Visitors of the old cemetery get chased by a ghost truck which will follow you with no headlights then suddenly flip them on and chase you then disappear. An old bridge where three women were hung is a site for more activity. It is known if you stop your car at the end of the bridge and try to start it again it will not.

Rockford - Cherryvalle Mall - It is said that several stores in this mall are to be haunted. Several mall employees have reported being followed through the mall by unseen forces after mall hours, things moving on their own, hangers swinging around, clothes mysteriously falling off racks, strange voices, bathroom doors being held shut when no one was there, and occasionally a store would be rather messy the next morning when it was cleaned quite well the night before.

Rockford - East High School - It is said that an old theater lover that worked for the school died many years ago. An old employee of the school saw the figure of a woman walking on the auditoriums balcony. He later identified the woman as Addy (or Haddy as the thespians called her) the woman who had died. To this day people have heard footsteps in an empty auditorium, exit lights flashing when the wiring had been check several times, faint singing after school hours were closed, doors slamming shut, things being moved around, and several other strange occurrences

Rockford - Rockford College - Adams' Arch - the only surviving remnant of Rockford Colleges' original campus, is reported to echo with the laughter of young women late at night.

Rockford - Rockford College - Burpee Building - Students and staff members working late in the basement of the Burpee building have reported seeing doors rattle violently or slam shut, hearing footsteps in the hallway, and a male voice in the old radio station rooms. - November 2003 Update: Haunting believed to be caused by a guy who committed suicide. A person reportedly was working late one night and saw a reflection of him in the window. When he turned around and looked at the sound room, there was no one there. Then the papers the guy was working on blew off his desk, and the only paper that was left on the desk was an old archive article about the guy's death.

Rockford - Rockford College - The Clark Arts Center - is said to be haunted by the ghost of the Theatre Arts professor who designed the building. Flickering lights, piano music, and echoing footsteps on catwalks are just some instances of this; in particular, Cheek Theater, Maddox Theater (as well as the hallway outside of it) and the green room (actors' dressing room) seem to be hot spots.

Rockford - Rockford College - McGaw Hall - 5th Floor - where an epileptic girl died in the bathtub over a Thanksgiving break some years ago is reported to have ghost activity. If you have any information, please email us at Haunted Places

Rockford - Rockford College - Maddox Theatre -Down in the dressing rooms, lights sometimes flicker. They once went off in a storm and a face seemed to appear in the mirror. Often, in different parts of the theatre, loud screaming noises can be heard, even though nobody is around. The area around the building always seems to be windy. Also In the prop room in Maddox theatre, there is a bell that supposedly rings on it's own. It was taken years earlier for a girl that was ill in her room and anytime she needed anything, she was to ring the bell. A couple of days later, she died in a car accident. It is said that a man several years later had the bell for the same purpose, and he would wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of the bell ringing.

Rockford - Rockford College - Talcott Hall - room of a student who hung himself in the early nineties.

Rockford - Tibble House - It is said that several years ago a man when crazy and murdered his whole family in this house. Visitors have witnessed shadows of a man, screams, cold drafts, and bad energies. Many people have went to approach the house and stopped short of the property line with overwhelming feelings of sadness and fear.

http://theshadowland...es/illinois.htm
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#3 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 16 April 2004 - 04:50 PM

thank you CK! i'm amazed, most of those places i've all been to a million times. i go to cherryvale mall pretty much every weekend. one of my best friends has even experienced the bathrooms doors being shut before. again, thank you. i'm going to look a little bit closer the next time i go down bell school rd.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#4 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 05:06 PM

You are very welcome, I hope it helps. ;)
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#5 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 02:21 PM

i've been on the look out in my town and nothing so far.  ;) i've asked a few of my friends about ghosts around here but the newest i can find is that the pool is haunted. but again, told to me by a person i hate. i've gotta work on not having so many enemies. but one of my friends went to cherryvale mall again and swears to god that she saw a "shadowy thingy" by the sales racks at pacsun.

#6 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 02:26 PM

You never can tell. Try going to some of your local cemeteries and looking around during daytime and take pictures. If you can get the proper permission go back at night and continue taking pictures. If you are like me you will enjoy the cemetery art a lot. It is great and says a lot if you take the time to listen.

#7 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 06:06 PM

thanks for the advice. my town has a load of cemeteries, especially city cemetery which is early 19th century old. i might just have to round up a few of my friends and drag em out there over break.

#8 obtr32

obtr32

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 07:48 PM

Does anyony know where the Tibble house is at?

#9 crittertech1

crittertech1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:I have been a veterinary Tech.for 12 years so I guess animals.I am also learning to play guitar. Any help is welcome<br />I am a fan of Axl Rose and Shannon Hoon(Blind Melon)and I love the Packers (^@^)

Posted 08 October 2006 - 06:35 PM

okay, i live in the WORST place in the world for hauntings: hick town, the illinois branch. i live about three hours away from chicago and an hour from the wisconsin border, which is really inconveinient for a weekend ghost hunter without a license. does anyone know about any hauntings in northwestern illinois? i live around the rockford illinois area, if that helps at all.

alsie r.

I also live near Rockford by about 10 min.not too much in this area but we make our own trips.Is it just you?I have a friend I go with and we belong to a group.FEel free to contact me if you would like to come along some time.:o) Brandy

#10 jkachuba

jkachuba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:22 PM

Hi Alsie,

In my book, Ghosthunting Illinois, I talk about three haunted places in Galena, which is not too far from you. One is the Galena Historical Society Museum, another is Turner Hall, and the third is the DeSoto Hotel. They are all open to the public and I visited each one of them personally.

Also, Wendy Heiken at Annie Wiggins B&B in Galena does a nice ghost tour.

All this info is in my book, Ghosthunting Illinois, along with info on about three dozen other haunted places in Illinois. Happy hunting.

John Kachuba
www.JohnKachuba.com

alsie r.

I also live near Rockford by about 10 min.not too much in this area but we make our own trips.Is it just you?I have a friend I go with and we belong to a group.FEel free to contact me if you would like to come along some time.:o) Brandy

#11 Maranduh

Maranduh

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:02 AM

Does anyony know where the Tibble house is at?

It's been torn down. It used to be located out near UPS. I can't remember the exact road names that you could take, but I remember you took Harrison down towards Main. Just a little past Main (near a gas station), you turned left and followed that road down a ways. Tibble house was on a small side road on the right hand side.

I guess the guy who runs Screamfest lives across the street from where it was.

i've been on the look out in my town and nothing so far. :( i've asked a few of my friends about ghosts around here but the newest i can find is that the pool is haunted. but again, told to me by a person i hate. i've gotta work on not having so many enemies. but one of my friends went to cherryvale mall again and swears to god that she saw a "shadowy thingy" by the sales racks at pacsun.

I believe it. I used to work at Pacsun and that place was freaky sometimes. Before they moved the shoes to the back wall they were on the side and every time someone would walk by to go into the back room, shoes would fall and hit them. That and I was eating lunch in the back room once and they have these shelves that slide back and forth that the shoes are on. I swear I heard them moving. Also, when we were closing the store at night, we would often hear hangers moving around when no one was in the store. If you shop there, you know that they pack those racks tight, so the hangers weren't swinging on their own or anything.

#12 Maranduh

Maranduh

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:08 AM

Ok...just informed that Tibble House is really called Tipple House. My sister knows the guy who lived across the street and she informed me of the correction.

#13 pdw

pdw

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:33 PM

where is the ti :ghost: pple house? and what and where is blackhawk? my daughter lives in machesney park she is interested in the paranormal also. runs in the family i guess. thanks pdw

#14 LadyTa74

LadyTa74

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:54 PM

Hello there! I am new here and am sooooo ready to get started!! I have been interested in the supernatural all my life. I, too, live in Rockford, Illinois and have had a heck of a time with anything. Mostly because of trespassing laws. :Wall: After years and years of hearing about Bloods Point , my boredom (and curiosity) got the best of me---and with 4 daughters (1 like me---very crious), I knew I needed to hit Bloods Point before them. Well, my hubby and I went earlier tonite 6 pm ish so it was daylight---needed some safety 1st lol. We took harrison thru cherryvalley to belvidere. At the corner right after the kmart and at the lights was Pearl St rd. We took a right. We drove a LONG distance and came to a

this way or that. We took right and followed out a ways . On the right hand side was the Cemetary. I was always told there was no street sign for BP---well, there is--but its abbr. BL PT. The cemetary is posted with signs of trespassing, etc. There are so many farmhouses, etc---wow. Mindboggling. But we took BP rd a few different times (a little further out each time) and finally after going past Irene rd, and wheeler rd --we came across the bridge!! I was so excited!!!! We drove a little further and came back around, this time we stopped right at the edge of the bridge and i got out and took pics. Driving by we heard some 'bang,bang' like someone hitting a rock or wood, but thats about it. I took quite a few pictures and will have them developed tomorrow. I have heard so many different versions that I really want to see pictures (preferably daytime) so I know exactly where to go. I have always been under the impression that there is a gravel road you turn on (found a couple and did go down) and you will see the old farmhaouse, old schoolhouse, a small bridge, and a house or so. 'Witch' Beula is also supposed to be around. Anyone have any pics or so??? I will post as soon as mine are done. There are a couple ones that just looked interesting to me.

As for the Blackhawk legend---what Blackhawk?? There is Blackhawk Park, Blackhawk Projects, etc.

Does anyone know about the haunting at Washington Elementary school??? PLEASE let me know.!!! Thank You :clap:

#15 moonshines24

moonshines24

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:05 PM

I am a paranormal investigator in the northern Illinois area, and have had several experiences at several places known to have paranormal activty. You can check out my website www.hauntedillinoisparanormalsociety.com I have a list of haunted places in Illinois, with my experiences with the ones I have visited. We have meetings monthly, so if you are interested in learning, sharing, or just out for a good spook, you should join us. Meetings are held anywhere from Algonquin to Southern Wisconsin. For pictures, evp's, scary true ghost stories, please visit my site. We are also having a contest for a $25 gas card for true ghost stories, photos and evps, the best one wins! Visit www.hauntedillinoisparanormalsociety.com to find out more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users