• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 07:51 PM

we are trying to catch stuff as it changes hands from state to town or state to private, problem is you gotta be quick cause once they get their hands on it they wanna sell it
Seaside in waterford, ct is one we are trying to get into, state is about to sell it, it sits on 32 acres of oceanfront property...you know they aren't goin to keep the building up, they will build a hotel or condos or something... sort of a shame that they destroy these old places, but i understand why they do.

LOL, tell them you are with a company intrested in buying but you want a tour. lol
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#62 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 08:13 PM

LOL, tell them you are with a company intrested in buying but you want a tour. lol

...and do it the honest way.... find someone interested in buying it and set up a time to go look at it,,,,, you can go along and be yourself, a person with invested interest.... the prospective buyer doesn't necessarily have to have the funds to actually sign a contract... hehehel....

Edited by peepers, 21 September 2007 - 08:15 PM.

Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#63 jason82

jason82

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Music, Guitar, Reading, ghost, some movies and tv

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:22 AM

LOL I like that idea, but what will they say when I whip out my voice recorder and start asking if the spirits would like to talk to me? Might screw up our deception...
Trust me Don't Cross the Streams!!

#64 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:44 AM

.... well you can use the other method of gathering EVPs.... silence....lol.... and it isn't necessarily deception if you have a contractor friend who would really like to buy the property, but can't....

....another thought for the honesty plug.... find out who the legitimate prospective buyers might be, approach them about the place being seriously haunted and see if they'd allow you to inspect the place, for FREE (unlike the termite guy).... chances are, they don't want to get into a project with legitimate HAUNTING issues and may go along with the proposal..... there are enough true stories about property not being able to sell due to "GHOST" that have presented themselves in the media over the past few decades....

...up until the late 1970's, (can't remember the exact year) in New York State, a seller had to disclose a haunting when selling their property......... for obvious reasons .... but now that law no longer exists......

Edited by peepers, 22 September 2007 - 11:47 AM.

Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#65 ekpi_ghost_hunters

ekpi_ghost_hunters

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Everything Paranormal

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:38 PM

Hampshire County - 200 State Ave., Monson
(6710 acres, 46 buildings, 7 structures)

Historic Significance: Event, Architecture/Engineering
Architect, builder, or engineer: Unknown
Architectural Style: Colonial Revival, Classical Revival, Bungalow/Craftsman
Area of Significance: Health/Medicine, Architecture, Social History, Education
Period of Significance: 1850-1874, 1875-1899, 1900-1924, 1925-1949
Owner: State
Historic Function: Agriculture/Subsistence, Domestic, Education, Health Care
Historic Sub-function: Agricultural Fields, Agricultural Outbuildings, Animal Facility, Hospital, Institutional Housing, School
Current Function: Health Care, Vacant/Not In Use
Current Sub-function: Hospital

http://groups.msn.co...506245491200959
from another messageboard..

I'm sending this info to my cofounder in Harisburg PA he'll probably start an investigation right away. Let me know if anyone in the area would want to join in on the investigation and I'll see what I can do.

#66 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:38 AM

Hey if you can get in I'd drive up.
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#67 jason82

jason82

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:42 AM

The information above is misleading, part of Monson State Hospital is still in use as a rehabilitation center. Out of all the buildings listed only a handful are the section that are considered "haunted" its in a separate part of the rest of the buildings and 1-2 of those buildings are supposed to be very unsafe to go in do to no repair/maintenance on the buildings.

#68 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:10 PM

ROAD TRIP!!!!

#69 ekpi_ghost_hunters

ekpi_ghost_hunters

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Everything Paranormal

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:22 PM

Hey if you can get in I'd drive up.

Ok. I'll let him know send me a pm let me know how he can get ahold of you to let you know the time.

#70 donaldderby

donaldderby

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:17 PM

just letting yall know i used to live in the palmer/ monson area to get to the old buildings you have to go over a closed bridge (blocked with barriers) and its very illegal to be there i belive its still a 500 dollar fine and they call the palmer and monson cops along with the state cops so you cant get away from them

#71 jason82

jason82

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:46 PM

just letting yall know i used to live in the palmer/ monson area to get to the old buildings you have to go over a closed bridge (blocked with barriers) and its very illegal to be there i belive its still a 500 dollar fine and they call the palmer and monson cops along with the state cops so you cant get away from them

you dont have to go over the closed bridge but you are right about the fines DO NOT go here there is video monitoring and signs EVERYWHERE. I was told that the buildings are unsafe to be in they have sagging floors and rotten boards, so this is a case of your safety. Don't want to fall through a floor in one of these old buildings.

#72 Anne2550

Anne2550

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:24 PM

Monson State Hospital is no longer in use. There is now a location known as Monson Developmental Center that is in use in the same location, but in different buildings. The old buildings are creepy and abandoned. The local police WILL arrest you for tresspassing on the grounds of the old hospital. And if you go to MDC, you will be questioned regrading your reasons for being there. Even the MDC is creepy at night...all sorts of noises you can't explain.

#73 jason82

jason82

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:23 AM

Monson State Hospital is no longer in use. There is now a location known as Monson Developmental Center that is in use in the same location, but in different buildings. The old buildings are creepy and abandoned. The local police WILL arrest you for tresspassing on the grounds of the old hospital. And if you go to MDC, you will be questioned regrading your reasons for being there. Even the MDC is creepy at night...all sorts of noises you can't explain.

The monson developmental center is NOT the same area/land as the almhouse or the "haunted" buildings people refer to. the problem is alot of people think they are and they try to break into those thinking they are abandoned to find them very much in use, the actual abandoned buildings that everyone refer to are on another part of the property across the street up a road, that the state also owns you cannot see these buildings from the main road and the access road to them are blocked off and covered with no trespassing signs.....regardless you are correct that the police will arrest you if you are found on either...and if its the building in use they will get you for breaking and entering.

#74 Kruzy13

Kruzy13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting.. obviously, Off-roading, working on cars.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:33 PM

I've been to Monson Asylum, I will say it was BEFORE they actually had signs, a gate and a "camera" there though. I went quite a few years ago. The buildings were dangerous, there are sharp objects everywhere and plenty of things to trip over and get hurt on. Any ways, I'm just giving personnel experience, and just for the sake of saying it, don't go there, I don't like to trespass, it happend before I "grew up" sort of speak. If you ask I WILL NOT give directions, I don't care.

The buildings are mostly fallen and totally condemned. There are old hospital beds and rusted metal objects everywhere. There was a small closet when I was there, that actually had what looked like restraints and scratch marks behind the door and walls. I remember when I was leaving, I had a weird feeling, looked up to see part of the building, top floor, a window. No sides except the one, no other floors or walls... took a picture with my cell phone, and had a picture of a black girl (not race, I mean blacked out, totally dark figure) in the window.

Also there are like 4-5 condemned houses on the other side entrance, once again, No trespass signs there now and all over. Been inside a two of the houses, freaky feelings. But facts say nothing has happend in the houses. ""

Once again, I DO NOT condone trespassing, what people do is there own buisness, and if you get caught or hurt well it's your own fault. Don't think you can get away with going there and not getting caught, Monson Police are VERY strict, and don't give little warnings, they are a small town and prosecute you. It's there job to keep people out.
I may sound like an a$$, and seem like im totally doubting you, but I'm just getting the facts and stating my thoughts, who nows... You may well be wrong. I can be sarcastic.. Okay... Im VERY sarcastic.The best thing about ghost hunting, is having a Jeep to offroad and get somwhere with!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users