• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:06 PM

does anyone have directions on how to get to this place? i cant find anything on it.
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#2 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:02 PM

Okay....is this an abandoned asylum? I would assume so since the 'net is lacking information....also, I believe it is spelled Munson...I got a few hits on that spelling, but no location so far.
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#3 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:13 PM

yes, its abandoned. and its really spelled Monson. even checked a map.

#4 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:18 PM

I stand corrected. It is with the 'o'..

Here's a site with a very detailed account of the history...Have you tried checking a local library? Mine has a section on history of the area..or even contact this historical society..

http://www.1856.org/socialhistory.html
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#5 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:22 PM

I GOT IT!!!!

Hampshire County - 200 State Ave., Monson
(6710 acres, 46 buildings, 7 structures)

Historic Significance: Event, Architecture/Engineering
Architect, builder, or engineer: Unknown
Architectural Style: Colonial Revival, Classical Revival, Bungalow/Craftsman
Area of Significance: Health/Medicine, Architecture, Social History, Education
Period of Significance: 1850-1874, 1875-1899, 1900-1924, 1925-1949
Owner: State
Historic Function: Agriculture/Subsistence, Domestic, Education, Health Care
Historic Sub-function: Agricultural Fields, Agricultural Outbuildings, Animal Facility, Hospital, Institutional Housing, School
Current Function: Health Care, Vacant/Not In Use
Current Sub-function: Hospital

http://groups.msn.co...506245491200959
from another messageboard..

Best of luck! I may just check this place out meself the next time I am up that way..im going to mapquest it right now.. lol

#6 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:24 PM

Ok mapquest is saying there is no state ave, just state street...only 53 minutes!

#7 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:26 PM

angelinaspork, your the best. thanks!!

#8 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:32 PM

:lol: You are very welcome! :D (I couldn't resist when I saw your post, I always love a good google challenge!)

#9 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:41 PM

well then! task 2. Rutland heights in Rutland, ma. much appreciate ma'am! :lol:

#10 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:50 PM

I'm on it!...what is this place? Will make it easier to know what I am looking for.

#11 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:53 PM

another abandoned hospital.

#12 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 08:14 PM

Here is an article from last year declaring its demolition contract. Demolition was expected to start by october.. :lol:

http://www.recycling...ID=110&CatID=28

RUTLAND HEIGHTS HOSP
MAPLE AVE
RUTLAND, MA 01543

from
[url="http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=WO&p_theme=wo&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&s_dispstring=allfields(rutland%20heights%20hospital)%20AND%20date(all)&p_field_advanced-0=&p_text_advanced-0=("rutland%20heights%20hospital&quot%3b%29&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date%3a%44&xcal_useweights=no"]http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archiv...l_useweights=no[/url]

RUTLAND - If Robert A. Featherstone is correct, rats are becoming a problem worthy of a bad B movie in Rutland.

Mr. Featherstone, of 118 Maple Ave., alleges his home is being invaded by rats unleashed by the preliminary demolition work at Rutland Heights Hospital. Over the last three weeks, he said, he has seen seven, caught three, fended one off with a fireplace poker, and is now afraid to let his 17-month-old baby sleep in her crib.

His two older children sleep in the living room rather

#13 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 08:22 PM

boooo demolition.

#14 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 08:23 PM

I agree...anything else you need, let me know!

#15 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 08:27 PM

i heard rumors of an abandoned hospital in granville, ma. but that may just be false rumors. go get it lycos!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users