• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#16 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 08:42 PM

Vie Fortune is a strange place. I am unable to get much info on it at all. Even talking to elders in the area, I havent been able to get anything concrete about the place except the legend that I posted. And to my knowledge it is not a B&B.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#17 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 02 April 2004 - 04:40 AM

cool, thanx for looking for me. well i'm sure i can get my friends to go near the place and hopefully we can look around the grounds.

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#18 SakuraRavenloft

SakuraRavenloft

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Location:x0|Central|USA||0|0|NY,New_Yorkx0|Central|USA||0|0|NY,New_York

Posted 02 April 2004 - 07:31 AM

I've heard of Myrtles Plantation and the slave giving the poison to the children to try and make them sick. I think she did it as an accident, she was probably just trying to win favor back with the judge so she wouldn't have to go back into the fields. I would loooove to spend a few nights there. Let us all know how it goes okay! And post tons of pics!!!

-Sakura

#19 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 02 April 2004 - 07:42 AM

I'll be sure to do that, but very quickly, i don't know i think Chloe knew what she was doing

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#20 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 05:28 PM

You are right Sakura.She didn't want to be sent back to the cotton fields.
Can't wait for the Pics Pandora.

#21 kcqf

kcqf

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Location:x1|Menlo Park|USA|usa|28|160|xx1|Menlo Park|USA|usa|28|160|x1

Posted 12 April 2004 - 09:10 PM

I found these photos very interesting:

http://www.ghoststud...02/myrtles.html

#22 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 12 April 2004 - 10:01 PM

Welcom to GV, Isobel thanks for the link.
Posted Image

#23 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 05:12 AM

What a very sad tale...I'd love to check it out one day...can't get enough of those southern ghosties! ;D BTB, where is Myrtle Mansion located again??

#24 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 13 April 2004 - 08:35 AM

Shellas, Myrtle's is located at ST. FRANCISVILLE, LOUISIANA. :P
Posted Image

#25 ghosthunter1010

ghosthunter1010

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 04:20 PM

I ve want to go and stay at myrtles for the longest time.  I have seen the stories about it and the shows on the travel channel about it and love the story.  But then again I feel that house such as Plantations hold a lot of energy especially the ones in the south due to the civil war era.

#26 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:23 AM

Anyone still interested in staying at the Myrtles Plantation (not mansion) should be aware that it does cost $200 or more per night. However, you can probably stay nearby and take a candle light evening tour. The last time I went (I live about an hour and a half away), that was an alternative we were given since the next day tour available would have school children in the group.

#27 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Grandbabies.. tinkerin with my stain glass.. GHOSTS, HAUNTINGS.. and anything with the supernatural!

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:04 PM

Anyone still interested in staying at the Myrtles Plantation (not mansion) should be aware that it does cost $200 or more per night. However, you can probably stay nearby and take a candle light evening tour. The last time I went (I live about an hour and a half away), that was an alternative we were given since the next day tour available would have school children in the group.

Hello every1... new to GV and LOVE readin the message board..Rowan, Thanks for the info on the Myrtle Plantation.. my sisters and I are hopefully goin there this June, do you know if any guests are allow to sleep in the slave cabin?

#28 Ilovestaind

Ilovestaind

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:51 PM

Myrtles is now a bed and breakfast. I have seen on t.v. not many people stay a second night.

LOL to "not many people stay a second night" :Spaz:

#29 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 07:00 PM

Hello every1... new to GV and LOVE readin the message board..Rowan, Thanks for the info on the Myrtle Plantation.. my sisters and I are hopefully goin there this June, do you know if any guests are allow to sleep in the slave cabin?

Okay I stand corrected regarding the cost, but it doesn't look like any slave cabins are an option.

http://www.myrtlespl...escriptions.htm

#30 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Grandbabies.. tinkerin with my stain glass.. GHOSTS, HAUNTINGS.. and anything with the supernatural!

Posted 29 December 2006 - 07:24 PM

Hello ALL.. :)
The Myrtles Plantation seems like a very interestin place.. My sisters and I have reservations to stay in the slave quarters July 13th & 14th ( friday & staurday).. I'm sooooooo excited! YAHOO!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users