• 343 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 09:14 PM

Which one's the slave cabin?

#32 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Grandbabies.. tinkerin with my stain glass.. GHOSTS, HAUNTINGS.. and anything with the supernatural!

Posted 30 December 2006 - 05:38 PM

To my understandin.. it's behind/beside the main house?.. I tried emailin the "Myrtles Plantation" web site.. but they don't email info.. they gave me a phone # to call.. haven't done that yet.. but it was investigated on the "Ghost Hunters" show.. and that's why we required about sleepin in the slave quarters..

The slave quarters was $500 for the 2 nights.. sleeps 4 (a double bed and bunks) and has its own bathroom.. all the $200+ room were taken.. my sister mention somethin about the $175 ones.. but I didn't like the fact the bathroom was down the hall?..

Edited by MuttRgoose, 30 December 2006 - 05:39 PM.

#33 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 08:03 PM

If I have time after the new year, would be more than happy to drive up there and get more info for you. Like I said, I'm not far.

#34 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Grandbabies.. tinkerin with my stain glass.. GHOSTS, HAUNTINGS.. and anything with the supernatural!

Posted 30 December 2006 - 08:39 PM

Wow... that would be great thanks! would it be possible to take some pics also?

#35 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 08:53 PM

Visiting is no trouble. Photos are another matter. The last time I visited, I took photos all inside the house, only to find out later that visitors aren't really allowed to photograph the inside of the house. Not sure I can be lucky twice.

#36 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 12:40 AM

Jeeesh.. thats the pits, wonder why they don't want visitors to take pics?

#37 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 11:23 AM

I have no clue. It's not like I was secretively taking the photographs. I stayed at the back of the tour group and would take photos whenever everyone had left the room. When the tour had passed through the Ladies' Parlour, I was in the room with a young boy who had spent all day there taking tour after tour snapping photos. It wasn't until I tried sharing my photos with another paranormal site and was refused that I found out I wasn't supposed to take the photos inside the house.

#38 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:19 PM

Jeeesh.. thats so crazy.. seems if they didn't want any pics taken.. they should have said so before the tour started! I'm a shutterbug.. and I plan on takin MY camera's and plenty of film! (digital & minolta) hope your pics turned out GREAT! would love to see those.

#39 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:50 PM

I lost the photos. :hug: And I had a fantastic photo of one of the little girls that the slave poisoned.

#40 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 07:49 PM

OMG.. you serious? I would have had that baby blown up to a 11x14 and matted hangin on the wall!

#41 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:54 PM

Talked my sister back east last night about the"Myrtles Plantation".. she said they renamed the slaves quarters.. its now the "Care Takers Cottage"??

#42 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:59 PM

Ah yes. I saw it and a friend stayed there a few years ago when she went.

#43 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:45 AM

How'd she like stayin there?... anythin interestin?

#44 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:38 AM

She said she liked it. I think the only thing that happened was that the towels were moved around a lot.

#45 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:59 PM

hmmm... we've seen where they (Ghost Hunters) investigated the "Care takers Cottage" they showed a lamp movin.. I better not mention the towels.. my sister will be up all night eye ballin the lamp, we'll NEVER get any sleep! (ha ha)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users