• 343 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:42 PM

For sure.

#47 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Grandbabies.. tinkerin with my stain glass.. GHOSTS, HAUNTINGS.. and anything with the supernatural!

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:20 PM

Jeeeesh.. I'm alittle bummed out now... my daughter sent me this today... makes you wonder now about the "Myrtles Plantation".. have you ever read this?

http://www.prairiegh...om/myrtles.html

#48 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:19 PM

I've read it and don't really believe a word of it.

#49 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:37 PM

MuttRgoose have you read The Myrtles Plantation: The True Story of America's Most Haunted House byFrances Kermeen? It's a terrific read about her personal expereinces while she owned the plantation.

Edited by MELLY, 03 January 2007 - 03:37 PM.

Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#50 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:40 PM

If it's all a lie, why, then, would the lies be told over and over again on television documentaries related to the paranormal?

I agree with Melly. :weeee:

#51 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:16 PM

If it's all a lie, why, then, would the lies be told over and over again on television documentaries related to the paranormal?

And I agree with you RowanG - I guess the lies make a better television show. I quit watching anything on the Travel Channel! I still like Haunted History on the History channel though!

#52 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Grandbabies.. tinkerin with my stain glass.. GHOSTS, HAUNTINGS.. and anything with the supernatural!

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:18 PM

Hi.. no I haven't.. but I will! thanks for the info.. I love the readin all the experiences people have written about it this on the website... and I'm like Rowan, I believe Myrtles is HAUNTED! :weeee:

#53 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:19 PM

And I agree with you RowanG - I guess the lies make a better television show. I quit watching anything on the Travel Channel! I still like Haunted History on the History channel though!

You misunderstood Melly. I'm saying the site Mutt posted was full of lies. Everything on the Travel Channel or History Channel is reality. The Myrtles is haunted. Period.

#54 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:24 PM

Ooops! My bad. Sorry RowanG - I'm still not a fan of the Travel channel shows though. The Myrtles ghosts have so much more to offer than the tale of Chloe, which IMO is not portrayed correctly on most television shows.

#55 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:51 PM

Melly... I just found the book you suggested online and ordered it.. "Thanks" :weeee:

I agree with you both!.. I watch the travel channel all the time.. and like you said (and I also mention this to my daughter).... why keep showin somethin on documented shows if it is all lies?

#56 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:09 PM

MuttRgoose you'll love the book - I'd love to talk to you about it after you read it :)
You know the Caretaker, that lived in the cabin, is quite a famous haunting on the grounds. He tells people tp go away!

Edited by MELLY, 03 January 2007 - 07:10 PM.

#57 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:47 PM

Wow.. I know we're goin to have a wonerful time visitin the plantatiom in July.. my book should arrive between the 10-12th.. :) thanks again for the info on the book!

#58 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:51 AM

I haven't been to the Myrtles,or even to LA for that matter. However, I'm inclined to think that the stories are true, but as with any place at that level of fame, theirs probably alot of stuff that gets.....we'll say inflated.

And THE Travel Channel..... They've been showing the same darn shows for years. I've pretty much seen them all. It would be nice for some new info, but we'll save that argument for the Paranormal Media Board.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#59 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:20 AM

I don't know why the programmes on television portray only one of the stories from the house. After all, it is said to be one of the most haunted places in the US, yet Chloe and the mother and her girls cannot possibly be all there is to allow them to make such a claim.

The ONLY difference between the versions of Chloe's story as told on the Travel Channel's shows (and other similar ones) and the version told on the actual tour is the number of children the General had. I can't remember who said what, but in one version of the story, he had three daughters and the eldest was with him in New Orleans the night Chloe poisoned the others. The other version states he had only the two that were poisoned and he was in New Orleans alone.

That's not an outright lie, that's simply facts of a story getting mixed up in the folklore tradition of passing on a story by word of mouth.

#60 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:43 PM

Hi Melly... recieved the book yesterday and finished readin tonight... just couldn't put it down! I LOVED it! some really interestin happenings there :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users