Myrtles Plantation

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:47 PM

MuttRgoose it's a page-turner isn't it? I've been a big fan of Frances Kermeen since she owned The Myrtles. We had some correspondence (snail mail) back then. It took me 20 years to get to the Myrtles -I'll never forget it and would love to go back!
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#62 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Grandbabies.. tinkerin with my stain glass.. GHOSTS, HAUNTINGS.. and anything with the supernatural!

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:56 PM

wow... must have been great to recieve snail mail.. I would have loved to known her personally.. I loved every moment in readin her book.. I just wish she'd included some pics that she mentioned her visitors/guests took and sent her... did you have have personal experiences on your visit? any pics? would love to see if you do! we're all gettin antsy pantsy for our visit... I know we're gonna have a blast!

#63 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:57 PM

I was positive I had posted this before but couldn't find it in a search.

I was at the Myrtles in November of 2003. I did get pictures of orbs, strange streaks of light and what appeared to be someone looking out the window. All pretty common for pictures at the Myrtles.

The really interesting thing that happened was while on the tour I was standing in the doorway between the dining room and the ladies parlor. I felt a continuous tugging on my purse which was hanging on my left shoulder. It felt like a small child was trying to get my attention. I turned several times to see if anyone was there and of course there was no one. Then I noticed a definate cold spot right beside me (also on my left ). It was a cool day so I thought it was just a draft in an old house. Right on the other side of the doorway I saw a vent so I went over to it and found that it was blowing very warm air. I was really astounded that this cold column of air could be within 2 feet (probably less) of a heating vent.

I was excited that something occurred to me personally while I was there.

Can't wait to hear about your trip MuttRgoose B)

#64 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:04 PM

Nor can I. B) I wish I hadn't lost my photos. :( But I moved four times in 2005 and they're gone. *sigh*

#65 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Grandbabies.. tinkerin with my stain glass.. GHOSTS, HAUNTINGS.. and anything with the supernatural!

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:45 PM

Sounds like your trip was super! B) I would love to experience somethin.. but even if we don't.. just the thrill of bein there will be worth the trip!! I just visited the "Queen Mary" this past April.. I took some nice pics on the upper decks.. just regular tourtist photos and when we went on the ghost tour.. down in the pool area I got a few with orbs.. then my digital went dead? (I had new batteries in it).. and once the tour was over.. the darn thing started workin again!

#66 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:59 PM

I thought this was interesting. I had heard Teeta Moss tell this story before but not with this much detail.

"You need not fear. You will never be harmed here"

http://media.www.lsu...gepublisher.com

#67 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:10 PM

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing Melly. :)

#68 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:49 PM

Melly... "Thanks" for the link :) I found the video very interestin!

Edited by MuttRgoose, 24 January 2007 - 06:49 PM.

#69 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:46 PM

Melly... "Thanks" for the email".. yes still have our resevation for the plantation.. and very..very...very excited about goin! will take plenty of pics! :ghost:

#70 mrjohndoe

mrjohndoe

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:56 PM

Hiya,
I just joined the boards...they are great!! I just finished watching "Investigations of the Unexplained" on the Travel Channel, and for the Myrtles Plantation spot, they interviewed a woman w/ long black hair who took 5 of her friends there to spend the night. They have a video of their outing, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me her name or how to get in touch w/ her? I missed hearing her name while I was in the kitchen :) Thanks in advance!!

~MJD!

#71 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:31 PM

Hi mrjohndoe - welcome to GV - I have seen the episode on the Travel channel you are referring to but have no idea of the the person's name, you may want to to try the website for Travel Channel? http://travel.discovery.com/

#72 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:35 PM

Ghost Hunters Of Texas have some nice pictures from the Myrtles on their website

http://ghosthuntersoftexas.com/

#73 MuttRgoose

MuttRgoose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:02 AM

Hi Melly & Rowan..
Just got back to Oregon from my visit back east. Went to the Myrtles Plantation and had a wonderful time even tho we didn't see any ghosts :hug: but did get a few pics with orbs and some wonderful photos of the plantation.. next yr. our plans is to visit the "Stanley Hotel" :Spaz:

#74 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:22 AM

I guess I read somewhere that the ghosts in Myrtle's is no more there. Will check the information and post the link if I find again.
Posted Image

#75 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:21 PM

I guess I read somewhere that the ghosts in Myrtle's is no more there. Will check the information and post the link if I find again.

Wow! That would be a lot of ghosts to be gone....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users