• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#1 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:56 AM

Um, this is so bizarre, because I was searching around the net and came across this cloudbusting thing. I'm talking about the cloud busting you can do with your mind.

http://www.neilslade.com/cloud.html

Well, I can do it. I've been doing it for about 10 years. Now one might say that yeah, all small clouds will disperse after a few minutes on their own. But I swear, I really have done it to different clouds and it always worked. BUt usually it has to be smaller clouds. It is really hard to focus your energy on a large cloud for a long time and get it to totally disperse. But I can bust it up some.

So, do you think it's really my mind that's doing it?
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#2 amyo0o0

amyo0o0

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 01:19 PM

How neat is that Bridget?? I may have to try that....Thanks

#3 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 10 March 2005 - 01:24 PM

Bridget, I have never heard of this - really interesting. How long have you been cloudbusting?
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#4 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 01:30 PM

I hope you guys try it and it works! My old boyfriend told me about it oh, maybe 10 years ago. The only thing is it's a strain on your eyes somewhat if it's a really bright sunny day. But that's the best kind of day because the clouds are nice and puffy.

:D :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:

(I can't wait to see what Bobnoxious and Peter have to say about this, LOL)
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#5 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 10 March 2005 - 01:54 PM

Thats very interesting....I may have to try this.... :D
"You only get 1 shot!"

#6 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 10 March 2005 - 03:54 PM

Come on, Bridget. I'm already committed to doing a dowsing experiment. Don't make me focus the power of my incredible mind on obliterating clouds, too. I'd rather just gaze up at them and muse to myself, "hey, that one looks like an apple pie... and that one looks like a puppy dog!"

I find the comcept pretty unlikely, but obviously I can't make a definitive statement about it without investigating further. I would say, however, that if your mind powers are strong enough to disperse clouds that far away, you should conceivably be able to perform other psychic feats at a closer distance. For instance, on a similar note to what you're talking about, you should be able to disperse fog in your immediate path. Have you tried this? Could come in handy some time.

Anyway, without doing this myself (because that would only prove that I can't do it), here's a few questions that may shed some light on the issue. First of all, what's your success rate? Does this work every time you do it, or only some of the time? Once we have nice weather and nice fluffy clouds again, get yourself a little notebook and keep a record of your attempts and the results. How long does it take before the clouds disperse each time? How often do you stare until your eyeballs are sore and nothing happens at all? Do some research on clouds and find out what their natural rate of dispersal is. Once you have some hard data to assess, you will have a better chance of determining if you're getting real psychic results or just getting numbers that could be explained by chance.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#7 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 04:10 PM

Come on, Bridget. I'm already committed to doing a dowsing experiment. Don't make me focus the power of my incredible mind on obliterating clouds, too. I'd rather just gaze up at them and muse to myself, "hey, that one looks like an apple pie... and that one looks like a puppy dog!"

LOL Bob! I knew you'd love this one! Why can't you just try to dowse and disperse clouds at the same itme? And just take care of it all in one fell swoop!

I can't say for sure what my successs rate is Bob. I know it is not 100%. And yes, the thought did cross my mind to do an experiment to see what the normal disperion time was for clouds.

I will do all this, and maybe I will prove it is just mundane. That's why I posted it in the Skeptics forum, and not in the General forum.

I think what I will do when the weather gets nice is get my digital camera and keep the time stamp on, and take pics of when I start and when it ends. Then take some pics of clouds doing their own dispersing.

The link I posted suggested you could even create clouds. I had not tried this, until today when I was in the shower. I was ready to run out naked to grab my digital camera when it happened, but it did not. LOL

:lol: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:

#8 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 10 March 2005 - 05:31 PM

LOL Bob! I knew you'd love this one! Why can't you just try to dowse and disperse clouds at the same itme? And just take care of it all in one fell swoop!

As undeniably amazing as my mental capabilities are, trying to simultaneously perform two paranormal acts might be too much even for me. For all I know, it could cause my mental powers to go haywire, and I'd wind up obliterating the dowsing rod while the magnetic energy I was tapping into pulls the cloud down to earth. Although I suppose that would be pretty impressive in its own right.

I will do all this, and maybe I will prove it is just mundane. That's why I posted it in the Skeptics forum, and not in the General forum.

I think what I will do when the weather gets nice is get my digital camera and keep the time stamp on, and take pics of when I start and when it ends. Then take some pics of clouds doing their own dispersing.

Sounds good to me. Not a 100% "double blind" experiment, but good enough to see if this warrants further investigation. I actually thought of a double blind method while out driving around, but see what happens with this first. What the heck, worse case scenario it turns out to be nothing, but you at least got some fresh air and sunshine.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#9 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 10 March 2005 - 05:59 PM

Why do I feel the need to insert myself into something like this. I narrowly escaped death from my Dowsing adventure, but here I go again.

Bridget, I think that I told you that I've been studying the paranormal for about 35 years now, and during that period, a lot of strange tit-bits have lodged in my mind.

I disremember the reference, and my first wife pitched half of my library during the divorce, but somewhere I recall references to the ability that you describe. There were four aspects of the talent that were reported. They were: 1.) The ability to disperse clouds, 2.) The ability to make clouds concentrate, come together, even to form, 3.) The ability to make them rain, and 4.) The ability to CALL clouds. "COME HITHER LITTLE ONE!".

If I remember correctly the wunderkind who demonstrated all four abilities was a traveling "rainmaker". Try further experimentation, I guess that the talent that convinced people in his case was the ability to "call" clouds. Best of luck! :)
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#10 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 06:18 PM

Why do I feel the need to insert myself into something like this. I narrowly escaped death from my Dowsing adventure, but here I go again.

Bridget, I think that I told you that I've been studying the paranormal for about 35 years now, and during that period, a lot of strange tit-bits have lodged in my mind.

I disremember the reference, and my first wife pitched half of my library during the divorce, but somewhere I recall references to the ability that you describe. There were four aspects of the talent that were reported. They were: 1.) The ability to disperse clouds, 2.) The ability to make clouds concentrate, come together, even to form, 3.) The ability to make them rain, and 4.) The ability to CALL clouds. "COME HITHER LITTLE ONE!".

If I remember correctly the wunderkind who demonstrated all four abilities was a traveling "rainmaker". Try further experimentation, I guess that the talent that convinced people in his case was the ability to "call" clouds. Best of luck! :)

"Come here little one" would be a great adventure!

Woo hoo, I am up for the study! I want to be a Rainmaker! Although I want to be a Sun maker, too, we got far too much rain last year, I am as pale as a ghostie!

:) :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:

#11 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 09:03 PM

I read a story, I believe it was in Uncle John's Bathroom Reader (so who knows the validity of it). One day Elvis and his body guards were driving on a very hot and humid day. The sky was clear except for one lonely cloud off in the distance. Elvis made them pull the car over and watch the cloud, as he started to concentrate really hard. After a few moments he said "Did you see that? I made the cloud move" or words to that effect.

Soooooo Bridget, you have something in common with the King. :)

However, I am a bit skeptical. I guess the only way I might consider this to be a true talent would be if there were a bunch of clouds in the sky (does anybody know the proper term for a group of clouds? :huh: ) and I could point to one of them and say "There... make that one dissipate over there!!!" and "if" you were successful, I could then say... "No, not that one, the one next to it" :weeee:
Posted Image

#12 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 09:40 PM

I read a story, I believe it was in Uncle John's Bathroom Reader (so who knows the validity of it).  One day Elvis and his body guards were driving on a very hot and humid day.  The sky was clear except for one lonely cloud off in the distance.  Elvis made them pull the car over and watch the cloud, as he started to concentrate really hard.  After a few moments he said "Did you see that? I made the cloud move" or words to that effect.

Well of course Elvis could do it. The man was a space alien, right? They can do all kinds of things. :)

#13 plindboe

plindboe

Has a pseudoscience radar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:I'm an atheist and a skeptic regarding paranormal beliefs, but nonetheless I find other people's belief systems fascinating. I think it's important for people who hold different beliefs to discuss with, and learn from, one another. The free exchange of ideas are essential to progress, and it's no coincidence that mankind's two greatest ideas, democracy and science, are based on this.<br /><br />Feel free to message me, if you want to talk. :)

Posted 10 March 2005 - 10:19 PM

(I can't wait to see what Bobnoxious and Peter have to say about this, LOL)

Well, you might be disappointed by my short post. :P

In the event of a cloud dispersion, how can you possibly tell that this wouldn't have happened anyway?

Try this trick; go to the nearest busy highway. Then think really hard "red car, red car, red car, red car... etc.", and I guarentee within long you will see a red car on the road. Amazing, ain't it?

Does this mean that the red car was created by your mental powers, or would the red car have appeared anyway?
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)

#14 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 10 March 2005 - 10:29 PM

gosh! I thought that was cloud bursting (well, making it rain). Now I find it was cloud "busting". hhmmmmmmm.......... I am a believer in the power of mind, and thoughts and visualization, but this.......I amnot sure, and I am with Peter.
Posted Image

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 11 March 2005 - 12:12 AM

So, do you think it's really my mind that's doing it?

okay, how much time does it take, before the cloud is busted?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users