Cloudbusting

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#151 plindboe

plindboe

Has a pseudoscience radar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:I'm an atheist and a skeptic regarding paranormal beliefs, but nonetheless I find other people's belief systems fascinating. I think it's important for people who hold different beliefs to discuss with, and learn from, one another. The free exchange of ideas are essential to progress, and it's no coincidence that mankind's two greatest ideas, democracy and science, are based on this.<br /><br />Feel free to message me, if you want to talk. :)

Posted 16 April 2005 - 09:52 AM

:D
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)

#152 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 16 April 2005 - 11:16 AM

;) Bridget. Love your Cloudbusting stuff. I thought that out of respect for your rather fun, (and very cool) topic won't be driven into the ground by all of the heavy discussion of other matters. We've been going off into the nature of the debate between belief and disbelief, and whether there is any grounds for belief in any paranormal belief whatsoever. It looked like a grown man trying to ride a poodle. ;) :D :blink:
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#153 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 02:31 PM

Well Peter, glad I put a smile on your face!

And Markway, I sure as heck hope you post your results after you're finished reading up on charging up your frontal lobes and bust some clouds!

********Bridgie gets out a pole to try and entice the skeptics*************

:( :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#154 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 02:27 PM

WHOA! No pole dancing, now!

PG PG PG PG PG PG PG

*gasp*

LMAO! This thread is a virtual amusement park...it has something for everyone.

Oh, earlier today, it was cloudy and rainy while Bob and I were running errands. As we were coming home, I was *thinking* about cloudbusting. Now, I didn't actually stare at clouds or concentrate or anything. I just thought about doing it. Wouldn't you know it, the skies started to clear up and the sun came out.

I guess this doesn't really count, but perhaps my brain was just tooo powerful!

Posted Image
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#155 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:55 AM

I guess this doesn't really count, but perhaps my brain was just tooo powerful!

OOHHHHH BROOOTTTTHHHEERRRR! :rolleyes: :blink:
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#156 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:07 PM

Just yesterday, I was thinking about how bad we needed rain. Lo and behold, today, we had thunderstorms.

Coincidence? I think not!
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#157 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:31 PM

:o Bridg, I think my brain is melting. The electroshock treatments aren't having the result I expected. :blink:
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#158 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:21 AM

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Keep working on those lobes, Markway, you'll get it!

:) :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#159 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 04:28 PM

Seriously Bridget, do you think that this is a talent, or something anyone can do? I know that when that Dowsing episode was working, WITH THE HELP OF BOB!, it all felt so natural that anyone should seem to be able to it, but when I tried I was unsuccessful. I have been reading the research of Dr. Wilhelm Reich. This is the most promising info so far.

Obviously in ghostly and other paranormal phenomena there has to be a lot of energy expended. I hesitate to even mention dowsing, but what I felt represented a large expenditure of energy, but when measured on voltmeters etc. the readings are small. The "Orgone Energy" seems to have been discovered many times, by differient people, and given many names. Maybe I should just call it Life Energy as it seems to love water, and living things, and even prefers plastics and so on to metals in opposition to electricity which, many shocks to testify to it.

My research has borne some fruit. Our weather has been improving somewhat and maybe I will venture forth soon. ;)
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#160 chillartist

chillartist

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:10 PM

Wow!!! And to think I first heard this stuff from Kate Bush??Very interesting people its beyond me but cool.

#161 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:08 AM

Hey ChillArtist! Welcome to GV! I remember that Kate Bush wrote a song about it. Gee, I should go try to find those lyrics.

Give it a go Chill! You just might be surprised!

:) :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:

#162 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:10 AM

HAIL BRIDGET! Thanks for introducing me into this phenomenon called Cloud Busting, infact am on an experimental trail now. Thank you.
Posted Image

#163 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 11:57 AM

Ok Moon! Let me know what you find, good or bad :weeee:

:) :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:

#164 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 01 May 2005 - 12:53 PM

:weeee: WARNING!!!!!.....CLOUDBUSTING CAN BE DANGEROUS!!!!! :D

:blink: Bridgie? Why didn't you warn us? :o

I was intently concentrating on a perfect cloud today, intending to practice busting it up. Unexpectedly, a flock of canada geese flew directly into the line of fire. Before I realised the danger, several of them dissappeared in a wonderous "poof" of feathers and the rest of the flock fell from the sky leaving a contrail of feathers all the way to the ground. I rushed to help the unfortunate critters, but sadly there was nothing I could do but take a shovel and bury the sad remains. Wasn't even enough for a decent meal left.

OH! WOE IS ME!!!! I feel so guilty, even though it was an innocent accident!

Help me! What do I tell the Conservation Officer when he finally tracks me down? :wacko:
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#165 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 01 May 2005 - 12:55 PM

Tell him your chihuahua went goose hunting :weeee:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users