• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#31 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 04:14 PM

Rock, you DIDN"T see me bending that fork at the GV Convention? Camevil and Bobzilla clearly saw it, or was that Cajun's spirits in the works..... ;)

And did you notice there were hardly any clouds that weekend?

Hrumph!

:weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#32 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 05:01 PM

Justa, where do you live? Because I am gonna make rain there ALL SUMMER long, hell, I might even make it snow LOL

:weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:

I apologize a thousand times over. Pleeeeeeeeeeease disperse the clouds over Ontario and make the bad snow go away. :weeee:
Posted Image

#33 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 06:09 PM

Too late. Apology not granted soon enough.

:weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: ;) :weeee:

And believe you me, there is gonna be one GIANT rain storm over Baltimore, too, all summer long. Tomatoes will be washed out.

Hrumph. :o :o :o :o
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#34 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 13 March 2005 - 08:42 PM

Healing Counter Spell On Bridget = The very next work of art you begin will be your Masterpiece and will define you . You have yet to realize your true potential. :P

Rockhauler2k1

Now on the Skeptics board this should be taken with at least a rim of salt and a twist of lime . :lol:
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#35 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 13 March 2005 - 08:44 PM

Bridget, just ordered the book on supercharging my pre-frontal lobes or whatever. I could never douse, but maybe I can bust!--Markway
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#36 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 08:02 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You guys crack me up!

:weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:

#37 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 March 2005 - 11:14 AM

Obviously I am not cynical about the ability of the mind to accomplish this feat, but when you say it takes around 5-8 minutes, I give it more a natural cloud bust than the mental one. Becausethe wind that blows on the higher atmosphere surely makes a lot of difference, and just by looking up at the sky we can see the cloud formations changing often.

Now, if it were to happen say in a minute or less, whenever you try to bust, I say it has more to do with your mind - aleast more chance.
Posted Image

#38 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 14 March 2005 - 04:49 PM

Dear Bridget,

I have not been doing my job!

I have been collecting people's stories of the strange for decades now, and informally interviewing them when I got the story. The skeptics have all had their shot, and asked their questions. Usually, I'M the one with the scientific background, and knowledge of the supernatural/paranormal, and I would have already have asked the ground-clearing questions which let me know if I'm hearing a strange story, a story - story, or a paranormal story. But, that's already been done.

Step two: When you "cloud-bust", what do you feel? Does your mental state change? For example, when I was involved with that dowsing stuff, it felt about as weird as playing with a big magnet, nothing like the strange charged feeling I get when I'm in a "haunted" location. On a few occaisions I have asked a question mentally to someone I was emotionally close to, and they answered before I spoke. At that time I felt "connected" to that person.

So, do you feel connected to your target cloud? Do you seem to enter a differient mental state, as in meditation, anything, what?

I do intend trying this. Do you have any directions,advice? :blink:
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#39 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 05:32 PM

Dear Bridget,

I have not been doing my job!

I have been collecting people's stories of the strange for decades now, and informally interviewing them when I got the story. The skeptics have all had their shot, and asked their questions. Usually, I'M the one with the scientific background, and knowledge of the supernatural/paranormal, and I would have already have asked the ground-clearing questions which let me know if I'm hearing a strange story, a story - story, or a paranormal story. But, that's already been done.

Step two: When you "cloud-bust", what do you feel? Does your mental state change? For example, when I was involved with that dowsing stuff, it felt about as weird as playing with a big magnet, nothing like the strange charged feeling I get when I'm in a "haunted" location. On a few occaisions I have asked a question mentally to someone I was emotionally close to, and they answered before I spoke. At that time I felt "connected" to that person.

So, do you feel connected to your target cloud? Do you seem to enter a differient mental state, as in meditation, anything, what?

I do intend trying this. Do you have any directions,advice? :blink:

Markway, thanks for the questions. Well I kind of get into a meditative state when I am busting the cloud, but it's more like intense concentration. It's kind of when you are looking at a stereogram, if you know what I mean. You kind of have to look through the cloud.

Here are instructions I snagged from a website.

Here is the complete link: http://educate-yours...ray21may0.shtml

"1. Pick a day when you have a number of small, cottonball looking, fair weather clouds.
2. Decide on the cloud you want to dissipate and have someone photograph, videotape, or at least witness what you are about to do. The experience is exhilarating and it should be shared.
3. Resolve within yourself that you're going to evaporate the cloud with your visual ray and understand that you will draw the orgone energy that was residing within the cloud, into your eyes and then into your body.
4. Concentrate on the cloud you want to bust and slice your visual ray back and forth across it, checkerboard style, horizontally and vertically. Afterwards, bore holes into it and keep slicing the fragments as the cloud begins to break up. You are drawing the orgone energy into your eyes and into you. Keep up the attack. Eventually (within five minutes), the cloud will completely disappear. The first time I did this was electrifying. I was besides myself with giddiness and self delight. You can continue busting clouds, but only  up to a point. Eventually, you will absorb as much orgone energy as your body can tolerate at the moment and afterwards absorb no more. "

I don't do the slice and dice method, I just can see like ions from my eyes reaching the clouds. Well, I do move my eyes around to get to different parts of the clouds. I never knew until today that supposedly the orgone energy goes into your body. If you research the subject, you will find out why I am so, er, sexually inclined. LOL

Ok, today I did some research online and found that I am not the only whacko out here who believes in cloud busting. Do a search for orgonomy and you will find a lot of stuff. There was a man named Wilhelm Reich who used this method to bust clouds and then he realized that if he used some kind of mechanism to retain the orgone energy (which he phrased, by the way) he could collect a lot more of this energy and harness it. Um, he eventually ended up in a federal prison for something. So I don't know about his reliability. He's dead now. But I still think his theories are interesting.

http://www.orgonelab...sobuildaclb.htm James Demeo was a big follower of Reich, and to this day is still conducting research on it. Although, a lot of skeptics have had their say on him as well.

Now go bust some clouds Markway! It was a perfectly clear day here today!

:D :weeee: :weeee:

#40 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 11:43 PM

Ok, today I did some research online and found that I am not the only whacko out here who believes in cloud busting.

Well, for one, I have never thought you were a whacko :wacko: :wacko: I realize and agree this is possible, but I only was a bit skeptical bout the time that it takes.
Posted Image

#41 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 08:08 AM

Moon! Give me a break, so it takes a few minutes to bust a cloud!!!!! What do you expect, a miracle???????

Some people!

:lol: :P :( :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:

#42 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:34 AM

:lol: so you mean 10 minutes? If it takes more time, I only can attribute it to natural causes (read wind), not the power of the mind. :ph34r:
Posted Image

#43 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:19 PM

The Orgone energy topic is worth looking into, Wilhelm Reich constructed batteries and conducted experiments with people with some success. Reich maintained that Orgone Energy existed in all living things, and could be used for healing,etc.

He was severely censored by the federal government. They confiscated copies of his books and burned them. Dramatic, huh? Copies survived of course, and people in the semi-demi-scientific community speculate about his theories still.

Here's a quote from John Michell: "...from his (Reich's) descriptions of the orgone flow and the ways in which it can be directed and controlled in prehistoric times. Many of the greatest works of the megalithic builders involve the construction of a hidden chamber set deep within the earth or at the heart of some of some great artificial edifice. In Britain the chambers of New Grange (Ireland outside of Dublin) and those newly discovered at Knowth and Silbury are among the finest examples. The huge mounds that cover these secret rooms are not merely piles of earth heaped up at random. They are carefully and purposely constructed in a way which bears direct comparison with Reich's orgone accumulator." Michell goes on to say that many of the ancient standing stones and so on were a way of drawing down energy from the atmosphere to the earth. The energy is supposed to heal, give visions, cleanse"impurities" and maybe even due "work" in the sense derived from a Physics textbook. Of course mainstream scientists deny the whole thing except to note that certain accumulations of earth and stone seem to cause visions and may be responsible for the ancient belief in magic... Only believe in it whenit seems to discredit something "worse"!

Droned on too long. I can recommend John Michell's "The View Over Atlantis", (possibly the hokiest title in the world, and has little or nothing to do with the content of the book!) If you're interested in Ley Lines, Feng Shui, Megaliths, Pre-Historic Magic, a possible explanation for why some places are haunted while others are not, it's required reading. By the way when we talk about a haunted house having a "negative" or "positive" charge, could we be discussing Orgone energy? Possible scientific exorcism?...Hmmm :huh:
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#44 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 18 March 2005 - 07:44 AM

Rockhauler2k1 * while holding fingers in the same position as Lord Vader as he chokes the life outta Capt "Who Cares and gets blown up on the death Star anyway" *

The clouds seperate and become an outline of Palpitine's face :angry:

His name is Captain Neda by the way <_<
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#45 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 18 March 2005 - 07:22 PM

Markway - I actually find Willhelm Reich pretty interesting. The main reason his orgone theories were suppressed had to do with the repressive tenor of the times (1956). As the word sort of implies, there is a sexual componet to orgone energy. Reich, coming from a background in psychology, originally considered orgone energy to be the same basic thing as Freud's libido, although not exactly or there would have been no need for a new name.

Reich's sociological theories probably didn't help endear him to those in power, either. To quote Robert Anton Wilson from his book 'Everything is Under Control: Conspiracies, Cults, and Cover-Ups':

"In addition to his bio-physical heresies, Dr. Reich vastly offended many people by his sociological theory, which holds that fascism is just an exaggerated form of the basic structure of sex-negative society and has existed under other names in every civilization based on sexual repression.  In this theory, the character and muscular armor of the average citizen - a submissive and frightened attitude anchored in body reflexes - causes the average person to want a strong authority figure above them.  Tyranny, in this model, is not created by tyrants alone but by neurotic masses who want tyrants."

For those looking for more info on Reich, here's a pretty detailed article that tries to explain exactly what Orgone energy "is" (if it in fact exists).

http://www.orgone.or...ax9kelley1a.htm

Reich for me falls into that grey area. A lot of his ideas are pure, undeniable crank science, but other ideas aren't so easy to dismiss. However, because so much of his work is clearly flawed, this makes it very hard for other scientists to touch any of his ideas without being viewed as cranks themselves. He definitely warrants further investigation.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users