• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 yankee mark

yankee mark

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 04:37 PM

I have heard that people who have passed on,contact loved ones through dreams.

I lost my father in 1965 and my mother in 1995.I have dreamt of my mother many times,and in some dreams it seems as if the dream is about myself and current affairs.In other dreams,nothing makes sense at all.

I haven't dreamt of my father in many years.I wish I could.I'd love to see him and hear his voice.It's been so long,I don't even recall what his voice sounds like.I would love for him to visit me.I'm an adult,middle aged,but he's still my Pop.

What do you think of contact through dreams?

#2 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:supernatural, history, reading, writing, criminology, cartoons, camping

Posted 11 March 2005 - 06:31 PM

I don't believe that people visit you through dreams. I think it's simply a case of your subconscious letting go of the past with your father, but that your mother's death occurred relatively recently so you still dream about her.
I love Shanon.Currently running Life 3.3 operating system. Upgrade due in 8 months.My Forum

#3 snoopymom

snoopymom

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 07:44 PM

I believe that you CAN be contacted through what seems to be "dreams" I know most everyone knows my story about this topic, but if you haven't heard. . .

My mother passed away at the beginning of my Sophomore year of college. She worked at the college I was attending and knew many of the students. She passed away very suddenly and very unexpectedly. She died on a Sunday - on Tuesday I "dreamed" (for lack of a better word) that she was in my room talking to me - for the first time in days I felt comforted. I could even smell her perfume in the room. I can' t remember everything she said to me except one thing "Don't worry, you'll find someone who loves you"

The very next night I met the man who I would later marry, but I didn't know it at the time. It wasn't until he proposed to me a year later that we realized the odd part of our relationship. You see - he met my mother on Friday before she died and I didn't meet him until after. We've been married 9 years and have 4 beautiful children!
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. --Charles SchulzPosted Image

#4 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 11 March 2005 - 07:58 PM

:D Very sweet story!!
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#5 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:supernatural, history, reading, writing, criminology, cartoons, camping

Posted 11 March 2005 - 08:18 PM

Your Mom probably came to you in your room and you were in that state of half-wakefulness.
I love Shanon.Currently running Life 3.3 operating system. Upgrade due in 8 months.My Forum

#6 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 13 March 2005 - 03:47 PM

I know people visit you in your dreams .
It happens to me all the time .
I often visit with my Mom it's her way of spending time with me.
For those who don't beleive that's ok.
I can't remember dreaming of my mother before she died.
She's been dead ten years and visits often.
My Dad has been dead three years and he doesn't come to visit me.
He only came once and since I've been angry with him he has not come back (long Story)
In my dreams she's just there with me most of the time and we are doing everyday things.
I used to cry in my dreams when I realized she was really dead but that doesn't happen any more I except that she is part of my dream and I look forward to seeing her.
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#7 Max_7

Max_7

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:54 PM

"What do you think of contact through dreams?"

You can reach out to them and they certainly can reach out to you
be careful and ask for white light protection from negative/dark energies
when your reaching out to the other side if your too open you can be
vunerable to them.

#8 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 04:39 PM

"What do you think of contact through dreams?"

I don't believe you can be contacted through your dreams, but I do believe that the point behind the majority of remembered dreams is to show us something we're not consciously aware of or acting upon. I can't really remember any of my dreams, and I am not really sure I even want to.
-Chris-

#9 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 06:58 PM

i always remember my dreams when i wake up. their always violent, i get shot at least once a week. but no ones every tried to contact me.
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#10 bardo

bardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 14 March 2005 - 08:23 PM

eemal
I do beleive it's possible that your grandfather is back already and that he has chosen to stay in the family this life time.
I don't beleive all dreams are just to tell your sub consious a certain message.
When i dream of my mother we are doing everyday things just like we did when she was alive.
She's just chosen to spend time with me that's all.
And yes some times I astral travel at night using the dream state.

#11 bardo

bardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:24 AM

That's really interesting .It doesn't happen the same way with me.
I will be in the family home I shared with my parents and I will be sitting at the kitchen table with my mom .
That table was where we talked most of the time.We don't talk we just enjoy each others company.
Sometimes I will be having a dream about something and my mom will just be in the background of the dream or she will be part of what's happening as if we were twins and going through the adventure together.
My dreams are often adventures ,like being in a movie.

#12 fallen wings133

fallen wings133

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:slipknot, computer games and getting drunk *hicup* oh and eating cake. i like cake...who doesnt?<br /><br />and skating loooove skating and the beach now its spring/summer lol

Posted 15 March 2005 - 01:25 PM

i think dreams give you a hint at what will come in the next week or so. i have dreams about crazy things like giant spiders underwater in a house. and within a week i would go to that house. it is very strange.
well, im a slave and i am a master.this is the beginning then. the beggining of the end

#13 bardo

bardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 03:39 PM

Talk about dreams the last few nights have been so real like a movie.
The last two dreams have been some kind of murder mystery story.
Two seperate stories and was i angry when i got woke up because I really wnated to know how the drteams would end.
They would have made an interesting book.

#14 Bebo

Bebo

Grab life by the Bebo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 07:54 PM

I do believe we can be contacted in our dreams. Whether they are actually dreams, or something else, I don't know.

When I was 18, a very close friend of mine, named Pauline, was killed in a car accident. I was devastated. I couldn't eat or sleep and I cried constantly. On the third night after she passed, I had a dream that my family was in my kitchen and the phone rang. My brother answered it. He told me it was Pauline. I was so excited! I asked her if she was ok, and she said she was happy. She said she was with her grandfather. (he passed away a few years before that, and Pauline was heartbroken). She told me she had to go, and I asked if she could call me again. She said that she couldn't.

The next day, I felt like a weight had been lifted off of me. I knew she was happy being with her grandfather again. Later that day, I got a call from a mutual friend of ours. She had almost the same exact dream! She and her family were in her kitchen and the phone rang, and it was Pauline!

And that was the one and only time I've ever dreamt of Pauline. I had that dream 25 years ago, and I can still remember every detail of it.

#15 bardo

bardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:15 PM

That is exactly the type of dreams I've had with my mother.
I know she comes to me and it's hard to explain that to someone who hasn't had the experience yet.
Has Pauline ever come back in your dreams?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users