• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 yankee mark

yankee mark

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 11:20 PM

Have you heard any stories about what happens to a person, when they are under during surgery?

I don't even know what I am asking to be honest.

I've heard stories of people leaving their bodies during surgery,and returning to awaken.

I suffered a heart attack about 3 years ago.It was determined that I would need a bypass,as my heart was almost completely blocked on both sides.It was so bad that my doctor told me,that only 3 or 4 people out of 10,even make it to the hospital.

I'm not saying that anything happened to me when I was under.I've always thought that nothing would be able to knock me out like that.Then,I had my bypass.I just find it so strange that even though I'm alive,I don't know the world even exists for 12 hours.That was my 1st major surgery.It's such a weird feeling.

#2 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 11:27 PM

Well Yankee Mark, I can honestly say that I have not had anything happen to me when I have had surgery, and I have had more then 20 surgeries and over half of them were major, and nothing has ever happend to me at all.
-Chris-

#3 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 11 March 2005 - 11:34 PM

Well Yankee Mark, I can honestly say that I have not had anything happen to me when I have had surgery, and I have had more then 20 surgeries and nothing has ever happend to me at all.

Sheesh, 20? And you are so young....

I had surgery four years ago (on my knee). I was talking to the nurses, next thing I knew I was in the recovery room begging for a cup of coffee and something to eat...and shaking like a druggie comin' off whatever it was they gave me. No strange occurences. Sorry luv.
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#4 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 11:38 PM

Sheesh, 20? And you are so young....

Yup, over 20 surgeries, and I had over 3 quarters of them before I was even a year old. I was in the NICU (Neo Natal Intensive Care Unit) in the University of Minnesota Hospital.
-Chris-

#5 yankee mark

yankee mark

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 11:45 PM

20 surgeries?And I was walking around,after I could walk far enough again,like I was a big shot.Like it was my idea to have the surgery,and I was Barney Fife.

I was always a coward when it came to doctors.I had to almost die,before growing up.

#6 dannyboy

dannyboy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:ghosts,egypt,ufos me kids me kids again and unhealthy food with red wine or vodka

Posted 12 March 2005 - 04:48 AM

Well Yankee Mark, I can honestly say that I have not had anything happen to me when I have had surgery, and I have had more then 20 surgeries and over half of them were major, and nothing has ever happend to me at all.

Sin, i have a friend who is 30 same age as me, he also has had alot of surgery, he is wheelchair bound, he has told me how tough it can be having to have all that surgery, i think you r very brave.
My friend has had about 40 ops, ill have to ask him has he had any strange experiences, be interesting to find out.
Knowing Paul hell have some story to tell.
I LOVE U ALL

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 12 March 2005 - 05:18 AM

Never had any surgeries, but I have heard of OBE's happenning when people are undergoing a surgery. Could it be that the mind/soul is leaving the body so as to reduce the physical pain? Or say, to see what is going on?
Posted Image

#8 boombalu

boombalu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:47 AM

4 and a half hour long surgery a few years back,but nothing out of body or strange to report.
BUT the experiences on the wicked good pain meds after... whoah! :blink:

#9 dannyboy

dannyboy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:ghosts,egypt,ufos me kids me kids again and unhealthy food with red wine or vodka

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:52 AM

i have had a few surgeys before and cant report any strange happenings, i remember when i was getting my tonsils out, and in recovery waking up and was convinced my nan was the lady recovering on the trolley next to me, i had at that moment woke up and was trying to get to the trolley next to me shouting nan.
I know this was me awaking from a dream but that seemed pretty real and she had died about 4 years previously.
I like to think that i was with her when i was asleep.
I LOVE U ALL

#10 snoopymom

snoopymom

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 12:46 PM

Ididn't have anything too unusual happen when I had my surgery on my elbow. I remember sitting in the room and then nothing -- at all -- until I woke up. I was having a major asthma attack when I the brought me out of the anesthesia. That's about it.
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. --Charles SchulzPosted Image

#11 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 12:59 PM

Hmmm, I'll let you know after Monday. Going under for a double root canal.

But I can't remember anything strange from having wisdom teeth pulled or knee surgery!

#12 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 14 March 2005 - 09:36 PM

I've never personally had surgery, but I have had a fever so high that I was hospitalized and delirious. Now THAT'S some strange buzz, lemme tell ya!

(on the fever note, I do still experience those delirium symptoms, without the actual fever....and I have had some tests done, as far as anyone can tell nothing was damaged by that original fever that would explain why)

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#13 H3LL5P4WN

H3LL5P4WN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:17 PM

I took a baseball bat to the eye once. It required stitches to close, and I wasn't sedated during the procedure. Now that was wierd.
Posted Image

#14 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:25 PM

Well, nothing interesting to report. Actually, don't remember a thing from the time the needle went into the hand until I woke up shivering from the drugs they gave me to bring me out.

All together, very boring and sleepy experience.

#15 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:33 PM

I've had 6 surgeries and don't remember a thing from any of them - however one thing really strange happened after my last operation when the nurse tried to take away my morphine - thought I was going to have to get out of bed and kick her @#s. Jeez - it had only been 4 hours since I got to my room. They were sure ready to send me home the next morning.
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users