• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 10:55 PM

I'm starting this thread to be a collection of all the neat little paranormal things that happen in our lives...Things that make us think "Well, that was just cool!" Just a few sentences mentioning things that gave us pause for a few minutes..

I'll start...

When I was at Hollywood Forever Cemetery, a spirit let me know it was his birthday. He drew me over to his area, and I saw a slice of cake, carefully wrapped, a balloon and a small gift his family had left there for him.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#2 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 10:58 PM

And here's another...

I love the number 1111. I passed a building in downtown Dallas which had this number as their address...1111 Mockingbird Lane. I said "Well, I oughta be working there." The same afternoon, that company called me for an interview. I had applied to them through Monster.com, having no idea who they were or what their address was.

Posted Image

#3 ApparitionSeeker

ApparitionSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Film, Writing, Acting, Theatre, Ghost Seeking, Alamo History, Rock 'n' Roll, Spirituality, Cults

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:44 AM

One time I left my door open at the Menger hotel, and I watched as one of the Alamo ghosts politely closed it for me.

#4 reticent1

reticent1

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Am a single mom and registered nurse. I have a deep passion for music - any and all kinds. Play piano and write music, too. I enjoy pretty much all forms of art. Reading keeps me thinking, and writing poetry keeps me sane. Obviously, i'm interested in the paranormal, but am especially interested in the photographic aspect of paranormal research.

Posted 15 March 2005 - 01:00 PM

While staying at the Crescent Hotel, i heard somebody walk through my room (complete with long dress swishing as she walked), but of course nobody was there. I also heard the door to the hallway open with a loud squeak, but the door remained closed.
Posted ImagePosted ImageA closed mouth gathers no feet.

#5 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 07:15 PM

My deceased dad rearranges the family pictures we have on our fireplace mantel.

Posted Image

#6 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 16 March 2005 - 12:27 AM

this hasnt happened for a while now but when i was in the habit of taking off for a walk or drive if i had alot on my mind (and didnt tell anyone where i was going) i was able to call on any available friendly spirit to pass on a message to those who worried about me about where i was heading and how long i'd be gone...when id come back sure enough id be asked if ive been where and they could never figure out how they knew... :)
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#7 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 16 March 2005 - 03:21 AM

Okay, here's one from a skeptic. And it's dumb as hell, but nonetheless could qualify as a "psychic" experience. When I was in my early teens, I was a big fan of the rock group Styx. One night I had a dream that the band members would all release solo albums. Lo and behold, they did. Too bad it couldn't have been one of the dreams where I had super powers that came true. Now that would have been cool.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#8 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 05:53 PM

If I dream of getting a letter from someone, it really presages exactly the opposite---they will invariably be out of touch with me for a considerable length of time, usually due to circumstances beyond their control, such as losing their phone or internet access, getting hospitalized, etc. It's happened so many times over the years that I no longer question it.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#9 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 17 March 2005 - 07:24 AM

i dont know if this qualifies as paranormal (or cool for the matter because its a reason why im not the touchy feely sort lol) but for the longest time ive noticed that when i come into physical contact with another person (not perversely mind yall :) ) i can literally feel an electrical charge off them...not like a shock but like touching a live wire and feeling a light buzz off it...(and why im not so touchy feely cuz i worry people will feel that too)
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#10 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 07:49 PM

One morning, I woke up with my arm outstretched and I knew I was reaching for a cast iron toy car my deceased mom had given to my son,Jason, many years ago. He still has the car.

At the same time, Jason was waking up and realized he had the car in his hand and was reaching out to give it to me. He doesn't remember getting up out of bed to get the car off it's shelf.

My son and I lived several states apart at the time. Our waking up times coincided, even given the time zone differences.

Posted Image

#11 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 09:07 PM

one night while reading in bed I thought I saw one of my kids jump in bed with me so I was playfully kicking where I thought they had burrowed under the covers, whooooopps, no one was there and I know I saw a foot in a sleeper.
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#12 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 18 March 2005 - 09:12 PM

When I was 18, I lived on my own to finish up what used to be the optional 5th year of high school for University Bound students in Ontario (they've since discontinued this optional year). My dad had been transfered and the school district didn't offer some of the OAC (that was what the 5th year was called) courses that I had already scheduled to take at my high school. So they moved and I stayed.

Anyway, I was living in this TINY little hamlet outside of Lindsey, ON called Little Britian (lovely place actually), and my parents lived in a tiny little town called Mount Forest about a half hour away from Guelph ON....a good three hour drive between us.

Well, I got very sick, a chest cold and a severe case of the flu at the same time. My landlord lived beneath me and had to bring me food and drink, I simply could barely get from my bed to the bathroom. Really, I should have gone to the hospital as I could keep nothing down and that's not good.

I had spoken to my parents a day or so before this had struck me.

About 3 days into this hellish illness, my mother was home, dozing in her chair when she woke up because she heard me calling her. From down the hall of HER house. She swore later it sounded so convincing, she got up and went down to the spare room that I would sleep in on visits home, thinking I was home and calling her.

She then called me on the phone (thankfully, it was next to my bed, so I could answer it....lol). Funny, I had been laying there at the time wishing that my mommy was there to take care of me.

She drove down that night :lol:

But that always struck me as an example of the depth of the mother/child bond. She, not knowing I was sick, knowing I was three hours away from her, hearing me calling her in her own house. Me, sick and wanting my mommy.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#13 kismitj

kismitj

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 10:59 PM

this is anothe case of being very very ill. i had pneumonia and a sever sinus infection. one night i was laying there getting fuzzier and fuzzier feeling (like when you hold your breath too long) and i heard a tap at the window. there was this gigantic bull elk just outside the window. he breathed on it and i sat up and my chest contracted. fluid came up (gross i know) and i was able to breathe clearly for the first time in 3 weeks. the next day i made my father go look. he told me that unless that elk was over 12 feet tall there was no way he could have looked me in the face through the window. not only that but there were NO tracks of any kind and the ground was soft enought that his shoes were sticking :blink:

#14 Bebo

Bebo

Grab life by the Bebo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:41 PM

I was looking all over for one of my diplomas, and I couldn't find it anwhere. I searched the house for hours. That night I dreamt of my husband's deceased Aunt. She said she was holding the diploma for me.

The next morning, I took her picture off of the wall, and low and behold, my diploma was in the frame behind her picture!

#15 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 11:45 AM

On St Patrick's Day I called Holly at work and she asked what I was doing (it was my day off) and I told her I was playing the Penny Whistle and she said that they were just talking about Penny Whistles. She works in Payroll and I said that must not come up often in payroll, and yet that day it did!
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users