Conspiracy Theories

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:57 PM

If I believe in a conspiracy perpetrated by this government, it's because there is a conspiracy; they conspire to help the rich while pretending to be Christians fighting for freedom and the American way. :clap:

Absolutely! And not an oversimplification , all signs point to this being the case...

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#62 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:video, paintball, theology, philosophy, political science, sci-fi, and so on, and so forth...

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:42 PM

My right to breath air trumps your right to blow carcinogens into my lungs...

No, you have the right to go to a place that doesn't allow smoking. Enfrorced smoking bans are not about your right to breathe clean air. They are about your convenience. But, see, this is how a free market system polices itself, when the government doesn't waste our taxes interfering unnecessarily.

And lest you think I've an alterior motive: I am not a smoker, and do not take my children into restaurants that allow smoking. But I believe business owners ought to have the right to make that decision for themselves.

#63 Redneck Racer

Redneck Racer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:My interest are Driving, racing, Trucks, Cars, Dirt Bikes, Atvs, Building Hot Rods, Ghost Hunting and Reading Car Mags, Mafia Movies and Playing Video Games

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:07 AM

Well along with Spook, I believe the smoking law is the only one I do like, Why should I change Resturants just because say Jimmy wants to smoke a cigar, He is a risk of second hand smoke anyways.

#64 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:51 AM

My right to breath air trumps your right to blow carcinogens into my lungs...

No, you have the right to go to a place that doesn't allow smoking. Enfrorced smoking bans are not about your right to breathe clean air. They are about your convenience. But, see, this is how a free market system polices itself, when the government doesn't waste our taxes interfering unnecessarily.

And lest you think I've an alterior motive: I am not a smoker, and do not take my children into restaurants that allow smoking. But I believe business owners ought to have the right to make that decision for themselves.

No, I have the right to breath clean air period!

Edited by spooksareus, 11 September 2006 - 09:51 AM.

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#65 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:07 AM

Walk past a smoker and "break wind" in their vacinity so that the odor assaults them, and see how disgusted the look is that they give you, as well as a few choice names under their breath. It's disgusting, it's revolting, etc etc, but it's a natural bodily function, with few harmful side effects. Yet that same smoker won't think twice about the smoke that they are blowing into the air that is wafting towards you, filled with toxins and chemicals.

However, we are getting a bit off topic, and focusing on the rights of smokers.

Back to the topic at hand:

For those of you who believe that there is a conspiracy, if the President doesn't run the country, who really does? Let's face it, elected officials can change every 4 or 5 years. You can't take a person who was part of the conspiracy and toss him aside and bring in a new person. There has to be some continuity or bits and pieces will start to fall apart. So who in your opinion is in charge of this huge conspiracy?

As for giving the government power and them not giving it back, whose fault is that really? It's not the government, it's the complacent population. You have to make them give it back. But in order to do that, you have to get more people aware and involved.

Edited by Justa, 11 September 2006 - 11:08 AM.

Posted Image

#66 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:04 PM

Speaking of conspiracy theories:

http://video.google....929448192753501

#67 Redneck Racer

Redneck Racer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:My interest are Driving, racing, Trucks, Cars, Dirt Bikes, Atvs, Building Hot Rods, Ghost Hunting and Reading Car Mags, Mafia Movies and Playing Video Games

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:50 PM

Justa, what you say about the President switching could be a Scam, There could be one Person leading the Goverment that has the Highest Power in the world, But for the Public we have a President to hide the fact, Like we think voting works and we decide, But maybe they are already Won?, Maybe we vote to make ourselves think that we are making the difference, But the fact is it is already Done behind our Backs.

#68 Justa

Justa

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:11 PM

That would explain how Bush won both elections with less votes than the opposition :hug:

However, if there was a massive conspiracy, don't you think that they would put something in the water to keep us controllable, and to rid the human race of the "paranoia" gene? :Wall:
Posted Image

#69 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:22 PM

That would explain how Bush won both elections with less votes than the opposition :Wall:

However, if there was a massive conspiracy, don't you think that they would put something in the water to keep us controllable, and to rid the human race of the "paranoia" gene? :hug:

:Wall: You are a funny guy :hug:

#70 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 11 September 2006 - 03:49 PM

Sorry Randy,

I love you man, but you sound just like the right-wing radio station that broadcasts around here. :clap:

I did not earn a Phd in Political Science, I earned a "No-Respect Degree". I state a simple fact and people say something, like, "Well, I don't have a degree, have never read the constitution or a newspaper except for the sport pages, and slept through civic's class, but I sure know what I believe". This is why Bush could shoot down a 3 year old on the White House lawn and still have a 30% approval rating.

There is a conspiracy, a conspiracy of money and established governmental bureaus and agencies. Our constitution was designed to prevent the official establishment of centralized power. To accomplish this there were built in "points of access". These are spots in the adoption of legislation and governmental action where someone can stop something cold. The power structure in this country is not official, and it's based on money. There are institutes and associations and they control the flow of money to candidates. If you don't play ball you don't get their money, or you find the other guy very well funded. Just look at what happened to Howard Dean. He started talking populist and "boom" the Kennedy crowd is busy behind Clark and the Clinton Republicans are behind Kerry. Look at how much legislation has been passed that favors the wealthy. It's a conspiracy so big that it IS the system, the real government. And hey, no insult to W Virginia, it's just that they have the highest percentage of people over in Iraq, and if those poor buggers can tell me why they're over there I'd be interested to hear what it is, because it sure wasn't to fight terrorism.

I did my time in Vietnam, my father was decorated at the battleof the bulge, and someone from my family has fought in every lousy war this country has put on. Willingness to fight isn't a rubberstamp for governmental policy. I went to Vietnam to get out of the house and earn the GI Bill. I was nothing more than a mercenary, and I am none too proud of my service, because I sure as heck never believed that we were doing any good. War is the biggest waste you'll ever see. It turns a switch in you that isn't possible to turn off. Von Clauswitz said that war was just an extension of political policy. He was wrong. If you go to war it had better be for something worthwhile. Rich old men sending the sons and daughters of the poor to bleed so some company can make a boatload of dough doesn't qualify even if the soldiers kiss the flag and yell patriotic slogans, and "really believe in their mission". Hell, your officer tells you to say that before any journalist gets close to you. The reality is blood up to your elbows, wearing your friend's brains, killing women and kids, and reading hate in every civilian face that doesn't have it's hand out for money.

Edited by Markway, 11 September 2006 - 03:51 PM.

Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#71 Redneck Racer

Redneck Racer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:00 PM

Ok I know its rude, But who here doesnt read Markaways post because they cant understand them? That might just be why I am a Dumb Redneck

#72 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:13 PM

John's (Markway) posts make perfect sense to me, they are well thought out and crystal clear...

#73 Justa

Justa

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:47 PM

Please keep the topics on track. Whether you like or dislike somebody else's posts is irrelevant. If you don't like them, don't read them, if you do like them, read them, but there is no need to comment about it. Remember the guidelines:

4) When adding to a post, make sure it contributes to the topic.

5) Respect other members. Just because you can not see the person with whom you are conversing, does not give you free rein to call them names or post insulting comments.

The topic is conspiracy theories. Any other posts that do not directly pertain to that topic from this point on will be deleted.
Posted Image

#74 shatzi

shatzi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:06 AM

Oooookay, there are some really paranoid things here.
The burden of proof does not lie on people like me, who don't believe C-theories. It's on the believers. I don't have to proff UFOs are NOT buzzing us at night. Believers must prove it to us, yet they never have done so.
Theorists must be able to prove things about 9/11 as well, and cannot.
Who then flew the planes into the buildings? We know that happened or does someone believe live video was faked? No evidence of any implosions at the WTC were found by the thousands of people cleaning up the rubble. How do the Paranoiacs explain all the cell phone calls coming from people on the planes, giving a minute by minute account of what was happening? The burden of proof isn't on normal people that believe in the obvious. We all watched it. Plus, wouldn't killing thousands be a bad way to get some oil when we can rill our own? Please.
I haven't seen much favoring the wealthy. My husband makes good money, and I had to make ends meet to go to college. When I was dirt poor, I got free grants to go for nothing. Tax breaks? Those who don't PAY taxes don't NEED breaks!
Global warming, I had to listen to some really depressing guy yesterday go on about it when he doesn't understand climate. I told him I am more afraid of getting on a plane that the summer being too hot.
I don't know whether some here are left wing nuts or far right paranoiacs, but count me in the normal zone please.
The president scam switch? The Illuminati? Oh boy, this generation has had to much internet, video games, and junk food....imagine if you all lived in a real dictator state. Perhaps a visit to Iran or N Korea would make coming home to the US a little more appreciative. The Illuminati, that's a good one!

#75 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:42 AM

"Oooookay, there are some really paranoid things here."

"The burden of proof isn't on normal people that believe in the obvious."

Well of course :ghost: this is the conspiracy theory thread :Spaz: :Spaz: :Spaz: but are you paranoid if they really exist? Or are you in denial if they do exist and you don't believe. :Spaz: Burdon of proof is a legal term and I put it to you that the ground on this subject is an even playing field as it stands. People who believe in conspiracies don't have to proove anything to "normasl people" for it to be true or not any more than "normal" people need to proove that they don't exist.

What is a normal person, and how can you proove that you are one? Normal like beauty is in the eyes of the behold...er ... believer. :whee:

Edited by spooksareus, 12 September 2006 - 10:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users