Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

The cover of dark

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:09 PM

Dear Doctor, how very good to hear from you! You have been my hard science guru for many years, and I am very pleased that you've FINALLY taken time to apply a hard scientific look at what happened. I am convinced that the area is a liminal area of some power.

I know Folklore, Psychology, History, etc. until the cows come home. I even have a fair degree of technical instruction, but on this sort of thing, you are King.

It was possible to look out of the area of darkness. The moon and stars looked normal, they were not, perhaps as bright as they had been before things got dark. The mental picture which came to me as the darkness came was of a huge bird or kite moving over head. But it didn't pass. It became 1/2 to 1/3, as bright at ground level as before. The event coincided with lunar activity. I was frightened. i really felt that something was about to happen, and I didn't want to wait.

Doc, can you visualize a reason for a spot attracting creatures, outside of food and so on? My unimaginative, but odd oldest son claims to have seen a sasquatch boogieing towards "The Spot", and it is/was watched/guarded/inhabited, by coyotes.

We've discussed my theories concerning these liminal spots before. Within that context can you make any sort of guess about their value or danger? :unsure:
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#17 Dr Phibes

Dr Phibes

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:43 PM

Doc, can you visualize a reason for a spot attracting creatures, outside of food and so on?  My unimaginative, but odd oldest son claims to have seen a sasquatch boogieing towards "The Spot", and it is/was watched/guarded/inhabited, by coyotes.

We've discussed my theories concerning these liminal spots before.  Within that context can you make any sort of guess about their value or danger? :unsure:

If electromagnetism is involved in the phenomena we already know that animals are sensitive to earthquake phenomena. It is supposed that peizoelectric stress in the crust creates such fields and that animals are often attuned to them. Even people occasionally feel such things as I can attest. I was a child when the Alaska earthquake hit and I definitely felt something "wrong" before the actual house tremors started, I have always remembered that. However, that doesn't work very well for a mystery spot since it is hard to imagine a peizoelectric stress without seismometers recording every such event.

Considering the amount of traffic that goes up and down that road of yours I can't see how the mystery spot could be very dangerous without a lot of car accidents or disappearances being recorded. If cars (or their occupants) were disappearing on a semi-regular basis I think that would get noticed rather quick.

A real question in my mind is whether it is the location or is it dependant on something totally unrelated to the location. For instance, if I was an alien from a planet where there is no lightning and I observe a thunderstorm on a particular mountain I could bring my alien friend back the next day to a clear sky and wonder why the lightning wasn't there at that spot again.

#18 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:29 PM

I have been doing a lot of reading lately concerning natural energy, everything from Orgone energy to the power generating techniques of the eastern martial artists. The parallels are pretty impressive. Of course, as usual, I seem incapable of performing even the most basic exercises designed to generate, and control aforesaid energy. I'd like to ask the practitioners of this energy what it means when you can't even do the basic stuff.

Anyway, the results seem to indicate that we're dealing with the same energy, related to, but not electromagnetism. Various measureing tools used in the electric industry, while not able to directly measure the force, are able to indicate it's presence.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#19 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2005 - 02:04 PM

Was the FOARD PICKUPPE line an inside joke or something? Same with your wife turning into a redhead and having two extra children?

As for Doc, could you try to speak in Layman's terms or plain English? Every post up until now, has made sense. After reading Doc's first post, then Markway's after, I feel like I need a degree in psychology or whatever to understand what the hell your talking about.

#20 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:20 PM

Sorry if my posts are occaissionally too dense for easy reading. Dr. Phibes and I were discussing what, scientifically speaking might be the cause of the strange blackness, and if it may have been a liminal, or "portal" area. The alternative to too dense is too long.

The feeble joke I made about the changing hair color, Foard Pickuppe, etc, was not really an insider joke at all. It is really more a matter of whistleing in the dark.

In the journals of the paranormal, there are many cases of people, apparently normal, seeing phantom cars, houses, you name it which seem to posess only a fleeting existence. Years and years ago my fathers uncles were walking back to the farm at night and saw a lit up house where there hadn't been one that morning, and wasn't one the next day, yet for that moment, the house looked totally real, right down to a porch swing and people moving around inside. One question was never answered, what if they had walked up on the porch and went inside?

See, some of us wonder if there are places where it is possible for citizens of neighboring realities to visit each other, even to the point of becoming trapped. Most of what we know about this stuff is based upon weird reports,and new quantum physics which theorizes the existence of an infinity of universes, most of them identical to our own, but perhaps slightly different. Differences would be caused by varying quantities of space/time or by interaction between universes.

So, the joke went like this. I, and an infinite quantitiy of mes all decide to go for a walk or a drive. We pass through a green mist. My wife gets to meet her new Markway, and I'm driving a Nizzan Pathseeker. Get the joke now? There is real evidence that this has happened. :blink: :ph34r:
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users