The Monkey Man

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:15 PM

Now that I've finally managed to get a little control over my irrational fear of spiders, enough to come into my forum.....lol....thought I'd post about the Monkey Man. I love this one actually.

First, from Strange Mag

http://www.strangema.../monkeyman.html (partial copy/paste from site)

The recent monster-inspired panic in India has historical precedents, such as Spring-Heeled Jack, but has been more dangerous than most of them.

Descriptions of the Monkey Man of India, first mentioned in police calls on May 13, 2001, have shown little consistency. So far, some described the entity as having a metal claw or claws, while others likened it to a cat with glowing eyes. Another claimed it had flaming red eyes and that green lights glowed upon its chest. These descriptions were but a few among many.

Whether the creature that so many feared was like a monkey is a matter of dispute. Witness claims also described it as agile and feline, as a bandaged figure, or as a helmeted thing.

An article from CNN.com (partial copy/paste from website)

http://archives.cnn....ndia.monkeyman/

"Monkey man" hysteria has swept the Indian capital following the confirmation that injuries sustained by victims are animal bites.

Indian media has reported that two terrified residents have fallen to their death on hearing that an ape-like attacker was nearby.

Police said Wednesday that they were no closer to solving the mystery of an ape-like creature which residents accuse of clawing and biting dozens of people in New Delhi suburbs over the past fortnight.

"We have consulted doctors about the bites and they said they were by some animal," Joint Commissioner of Police Suresh Roy told Reuters news agency.

"The information we have is pointing towards an animal. But we checked with the local zoo and they said no animal had escaped from there."

Reports -- including hoax calls -- were so prolific that police ran short of vehicles following up complaints.

Apparently police issued a composite drawing of Monkey Man....

http://www.ananova.c...latestheadlines

Heck, here's a whole host of sites on him!

http://ca.search.yah...c=&p=Monkey Man

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#2 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:supernatural, history, reading, writing, criminology, cartoons, camping

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:30 PM

Now that I've finally managed to get a little control over my irrational fear of spiders,

I wouldn't call it irrational. I hate 'em too.
I love Shanon.Currently running Life 3.3 operating system. Upgrade due in 8 months.My Forum

#3 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 24 March 2005 - 06:23 PM

It looks like a baby Yeti.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#4 ApparitionSeeker

ApparitionSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Film, Writing, Acting, Theatre, Ghost Seeking, Alamo History, Rock 'n' Roll, Spirituality, Cults

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:51 PM

He does not look that vicious... I kinda wanna hug him... :D

#5 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:58 PM

He does not look that vicious... I kinda wanna hug him... :D

I don't think you should "monkey" with him. :D
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#6 ApparitionSeeker

ApparitionSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Film, Writing, Acting, Theatre, Ghost Seeking, Alamo History, Rock 'n' Roll, Spirituality, Cults

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:20 PM

Your dry corny humor is driving me "bananas"... hahaha.

#7 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:26 PM

Your dry corny humor is driving me "bananas"... hahaha.

Sorry! You don't have to go ape! :D

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 31 March 2005 - 12:19 AM

well, sorry to break the "scare", but the monkey man was a fraud, and was beaten up by the villagers who caught him "red-handed". Just a robber with a new idea! :ph34r: This was "news" for us till the monkey WAS manned.
Posted Image

#9 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 31 March 2005 - 11:01 AM

So they actually caught the person behind the 'legend'? Very cool! I'd often suspected that someone was behind the Monkey Man, but hadn't been able to locate any concret info.

The concept is pretty nifty though.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#10 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 11:30 AM

the monkey man was a fraud,... Just a robber with a new idea!

What a chimp...err...CHUMP!!! Okay, enough of the corny humor! :)

#11 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 01 April 2005 - 12:06 AM

suspected that someone was behind the Monkey Man, but hadn't been able to locate any concret info.

it usually happens Vampie, because once the suspense is broken, the media is not more interested :lol:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users