Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Danvers State Hospital in Danvers, MA

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#136 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:54 PM

If you want more on sick old hospitals you might consider my post on Amazon.com. They moved into a sick old hospital.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#137 AMile28840

AMile28840

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Location:x1|West Haven|USA|usa|510|97|CT,Connecticutx1|West Haven|USA|usa|510|97|CT,Connecticutx1|West Haven|USA|usa|510|97|CT,Connecticu

Posted 04 March 2005 - 03:20 PM

Fairfield Hills in Newtown CT... I plan on going once the snow melts... anyone wanna join?
Marlene Ann

#138 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 08:54 AM

Fairfield Hills in Newtown CT... I plan on going once the snow melts... anyone wanna join?

Id love to go!!
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#139 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 11 March 2005 - 04:33 PM

Please an abandon Asylum, I'd love to go!
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#140 GyoengyiG

GyoengyiG

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:History, literature(especially sci-fi/fantasy and historical fiction), music(all types, but especially jazz and classical), poetry, puppetry, sculpture, gardening, photography, ghosts/spirits/life after (of course!), languages and cultures other than English/American, travel

Posted 17 March 2005 - 03:09 PM

Hi, there!

As someone who for 10 years lived near to Danvers State Hospital and has friends who are *urban explorers* well acquainted with it, I can help with a few details for those who are interested...

The hospital was begun as a radical new idea in treating the mentally ill, using fresh air, working in gardens, eating healthy food, and being treated as *Treatable*....as developed by Dr. Kirkbride, for whom the main building at Danvers State Hospital is named....

Over the years, as funding disappeared, staff became less qualified, over-crowding became the norm, and things generally deteriorated drastically....

There have been several movies filmed there, and in every case cast and crew have been majorly freaked out by being there....lots of files, implements and such were just left there....

It's NOT SAFE to explore any more as there is major leaking and structural damage (not to mention lots of free-floating asbestos particles!) because it hasn't been kept up...so lose the idea of going there(lots of security guards, and you WILL BE ARRESTED if you set foot there without permission!)...

That said, there is a committee that was formed to keep the site from being demolished for condo's....

There is also a new book coming out, called *The Castle on the Hill* which you should all try to obtain...should be released by May, 05....

Here's more info:

http://ramseursdanversstatehosp.com/

http://www.hauntedsa...nversstate.html

http://www.kirkbride...gs/danvers.html

http://www.petitiono...l/petition.html

http://www.abandoned...m.com/dsh1.html

http://www.danvers-state-ia.com/

http://www.infraredv...om/danvers.html

http://www.theflagsh...s/session9.html
(this tells about the movie *Session 9* which deals with the issue of *transference* that is, possession by ghosts...

Anyway, hopefully the above links will prove interesting to some of you fellow ghostvillagers!!!

Happy Hauntings!
GyoengyiG

PS
The most haunted building there is the one that housed the children and adolescents (the Bonner Building), though there is also a graveyard and many tunnels that are very spooky....

#141 MORRISON

MORRISON

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 03:51 PM

I know of one of the most haunted mental hospitals in ct.Check out Fairfield Hills in Newtown,Ct.

#142 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 17 March 2005 - 05:39 PM

Hey GyoengyiG, thanks for the info, sounds like your as interested in it as I am. Good links too. It's really too bad they want to make condo of the the place. It's such a beautiful building.
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#143 rapqueen01

rapqueen01

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 05:17 PM

Danvers MA, my sister says, is haunted. she goes to school at the art college up there in Beverly, and lives there too.  I myself go to Salem alot, and have not yet seen the State hospital, but have read alot on it.
My sister says a few friends of hers snuck in, and got into a long halllway filled with body suites, and very dark.  They got freaked and left.  I think something is going on there because my sister says that the tax payers money is going to keep the building from getting destroyed.  YOu can see it from I95 going north.  Its a beautiful building, with gothic architechure (spelled this wrong!).  There are ALOT of haunted places in CT, and I have been to a few. I am glad I found this site. My friend and I are going on a weekend hunt around CT to find ghost villages.

[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]

I live in Connecticut nad my house is haunted. The doors open when everyone is sleeping and it can't be the cat because he is always outside. I also hear footsteps in the attic and voices sometimes. :rolleyes: :o :unsure: :blink: :)

#144 rapqueen01

rapqueen01

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 05:19 PM

Danvers MA, my sister says, is haunted. she goes to school at the art college up there in Beverly, and lives there too.  I myself go to Salem alot, and have not yet seen the State hospital, but have read alot on it.
My sister says a few friends of hers snuck in, and got into a long halllway filled with body suites, and very dark.  They got freaked and left.  I think something is going on there because my sister says that the tax payers money is going to keep the building from getting destroyed.  YOu can see it from I95 going north.  Its a beautiful building, with gothic architechure (spelled this wrong!).  There are ALOT of haunted places in CT, and I have been to a few. I am glad I found this site. My friend and I are going on a weekend hunt around CT to find ghost villages.

[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]

I live in Connecticut and my house is haunted. The doors open when everyone is sleeping and it can't be the cat because he is always outside. I also hear footsteps in the attic and voices sometimes. :rolleyes: :o :unsure: :blink: :)

#145 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 18 March 2005 - 06:43 PM

Where in CT? I live in Manchester
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#146 am0rvincit0mnia

am0rvincit0mnia

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 12:46 AM

so i stumbled upon this board by accident... i too am reading that book Nobody's Child by Marie Balter... and it says it's she's committed to Sutton State Hospital... which is strange to me because i live one town over from Sutton and i have never heard of the hospital so i went to search for it on google and this board came up ... so my question is... if this really is Danvers State Hospital why is she calling it Sutton State?? i'm really tempted to go check out Danvers because i'm currently going to college in Salem so it wouldn't be too far of a trip... i want to find out if there really is/was a state hospital in Sutton... i'm so confused... if anyone can help that'd be awesome...

<3 Julia
But don't stop if I fallAnd don't look backOh baby don't stop Bury me and fade to blackfrom the razor to the rosary we could lose ourselves

#147 Hauntress

Hauntress

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 04:30 PM

If anyone here is from the Pacific Northwest, we've got 3 abandoned State Hospitals that all have their share of paranormal activity.

The first one is Dammasch State Hospital. The buildings are being torn down to make room for new "european style villas" (just another word for "Expensive Condos that most of you cannot afford). All the ghost groups in the area are just waiting for the day when we start getting the calls from Mr. and Mrs. Moneybags regarding the strange people that are mumbling and milling about in the library..

We've been in Dammasch and it was a hideous place. There are signs of extreme violence that took place on the top floor of the criminally insane building, even though, according to our "tour guide" who has worked there a number of years, after they closed the doors for good on this place, the FBI and the State of Oregon did come in and "Cleaned most of the mess up." However, they missed a few spots on the walls, light fixtures, and all over the ceilings. All I can say is...think of large amounts of splatter. Apparently the "stains" left from whatever massacres took place here, used to be all over the hallway floors and in particular rooms where "the stuff that nobody talks about" took place. To be honest, I have never been in such a location that gave me such visions of death & foreboding, and we've been investigating a LONG time...

We also have Western State Hospital in Washington State, as well as Fairview located in the city of Salem- neither have I been into yet, although Fairview's doors to us are beginning to open a little wider each time I talk to the caretakers.

Remember that when funding for most State Hospitals was cut back by the government in the 1980's, that many patients needing full time care were released back into society. This was especially true if they didn't have any family.

Here in Oregon, it was a big deal, and even the news was there to capture the transfer of homeless mentally ill persons by the hundreds - transported by school busses to downtown Portland and downtown Salem where these unfortunate people were unceremoniously dropped off.

And people wonder why we have so many homeless here? Duh.... :unsure:

::I Haunt, Therefore I am"

#148 ii1chuck8ii

ii1chuck8ii

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:55 PM

one of my friends went up there awhiel ago. and i think it is like really really hardot get into. also he had a bad experaiance of the paranormal kind. for soem reason he got all angry over nothing and was jsut full of rage and told everyone they all had ot leave and he said if they didnt he was gunna go crazyt and kil lthme. or something like that.

i want to go!

#149 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:25 AM

:angry: Just though you'de like the latest update on DSIA! It was in the4 Salem Evening News this week that the sale of the place has gome through and it will be being made into CONDO"S!!!! :Spaz: :Spaz: :Spaz: :Spaz:
I can not even tell you how much this upsets me, there is so much i history in that building and in the complex. It is a absolute sin to distroy this place and make it into condos. What happen there should never be forgotten, the people who suffered and lost their lives there should never be forgotten. There were medical advaces and discoveries that are not being recognised, just pushed aside so they can put up condos. They say history repeats itself, I wonder how many minds will be twisted from living in that place, the energy in that place is not good, how could it be, most the people lived their lives in horror. That had to leave such a negitive imprint behind. Being a person who has been obbsessed with the place for as long as I can remember and who has visited the inside, I can honestly tell you, I would not live there if you gave me the housing for free. The energy is very strong and very negative, and very sadand depressing, I wouldn't be surprised if there are many suisides once it opens to the public for housing, but that's just my opinion.

Dodie

#150 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 04 June 2005 - 10:00 AM

Where in Connecticut do you both live? I too live in Naugatuck Ct. As for Fairfield hills, it is a wonderful place and I happen to know of someone that use to work there when it was open. (but she is not with us any more) she use to tell me of stories she heard when she worked there. But it has NO trespassing signs all around it now and if you get caught there you will be taken into jail and fined. I too would love to go there but maybe if we all can get together we can see about permission to enter it? I am not sure if they would allow it. I plan on getting together a few people sometime in July (either the 9th or the following weekend) to go to a few other places. One being Gunntown here in town (Naugatuck) and Union Cemetary in Newtown and then to Hannah Carraina's grave. Let me know if you are interested in visiting these few places and what weekend works for you .
Cathy
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users