Photo

Danvers State Hospital in Danvers, MA

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#166 mikeb12653

mikeb12653

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:I lived in Danvers, MA from 1959 until 1977. I know live in Lynn. My house in Danvers was in the nieghborhood where a lot of the women that were convicted of being witches in 1692 lived. Such people such as Rebecca Nurse, Sarah Putnam, and many others. This part of town is know for its hauntings for many years. A lot of people think the witch trial happenings were in Salem, but Danvers was knon as Salem Village during that crazy time in our history. So if you want to see the real area of the witch trials you have to travel to Danvers, not Salem, MA.<br /> I also attended school at the Essex Agricultural &amp; Techniccal Institude, an agricultural high school &amp; college. This school is located right down the street from the Danvers State Hospital. An area noted for it's hauntings since it was closed.<br /> I still enjoy going back to the old neighborhood and looking for hauntings &amp; sightings as time alows. (which isn't much). <br /> I'm always looking for people to talk &quot;hauntings&quot; with and taking people to the area I grew up in.

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:57 AM

Dear readers: FYI there are 2 items on eBay that have to do with Danvers State Hospital.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's the two items on eBay from Danvers State Hospital:
An 1892 DECEMBER 23RD LETTER FROM A DOCTOR AT DANVERS LUNATIC HOSPITAL TO HIS FIANCEE WORKING AT AN ASYLUM IN PROVIDENCE RI.IT IS STAMPED ASYLUM STATION (Item number: 6578909121)
and
Macdonald library rules book : Danvers State Hospital (Item number: 7725490947)

Thought you'd like to know/see it.

MikeB
:wow:

#167 Roxie Z

Roxie Z

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:32 PM

It is about to be town down over the next month! I see it everyday from my office window - and it is truly an absolute shame! If you are interested in seeing some stunning photography from the location -

Opacity - Urban Ruins
Bestselling Local Author & Proprietor of New England Curiosities Tours & Events. Experience local legends, lore and mystery. New England CuriositiesPosted Image

#168 ~Dy~

~Dy~

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:43 PM

Oh definitely im scared

BUT Scooby Doo never let it stop him in solving the mystery..........so nor can i :(

Scooby Doo is a cartoon. And he did always try to run away but luckily he knocked down the bad guy pretending to be a ghost on his way out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users