• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#16 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 04:40 PM

Connecticut's about 5-6 hours away from me. So maybe this spring we'll make the trip out to visit ya. and WE'll sleep in this old hospital
Come Check out Jason Gowin online at - http://www.jasongowin.com

#17 heberly_clodbert

heberly_clodbert

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 04:46 PM

your not scared at all??

#18 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 01:17 AM

Oh definitely im scared

BUT Scooby Doo never let it stop him in solving the mystery..........so nor can i :)

#19 ScaretyCat

ScaretyCat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 07:42 PM

My mother used to nurse at Medfield State Hosp back in the 50's and 60's. áThe stories she (still) tells about the place. áMan, I would not spend the night in one of those abandonded places if you paid me... not only are the entities there hostile they were murderers and rapists... they had no boundries... ábesides, they are not safe(structurely speaking)
Ghosthunter:  Roooby Doo says "árook out!!!"

#20 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 02:49 AM

Looks like i may need a bigger basket of snacks

#21 heberly_clodbert

heberly_clodbert

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 02:58 PM

ok for Scoobie Snaks I will go to the old hospital, but not by myself!!   :)

#22 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 10:01 PM

If you wait for us, we'll go with you sleep over,,,Have a ton of scooby snacks and then go running out of their screaming like a couple of maniacs!!!

#23 kasketchayne

kasketchayne

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 09:59 PM

Danvers State hospital was used in the movie "Session 9".....

SESSION 9 is a thrilling psychological horror film that uses a haunting backdrop to weave a tale of deep terror. Called in to remove asbestos from the imposing, soon-to-be-renovated Danvers State Mental Hospital, the employees of the Hazmat Elimination Company are unprepared for what they're about to step into. The workers--Gordon (Peter Mullan), the troubled owner who has a wife and baby that he desperately needs to support; Phil (David Caruso), a crew chief who mourns his lost girlfriend by smoking marijuana; Hank (Josh Lucas), the cocky gambler who stole Phil's woman; Mike (Stephen Gevedon), a privileged law student who is fascinated with the hospital's history; and Jeff (Brendan Sexton III), Gordon's na´ve nephew--begin to unravel and give in to their own inner fears as the hospital wreaks havoc on their fragile mental states. As the week wears on, the disappearance of Hank brings the tension to a boil, resulting in a shocking series of events that only add to the creepy hospital's legend.

movie plot coulda used a bit of help, but the hospital is cool as hell....

kasketchayne

#24 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 12:49 PM

wait thats a real movie?

#25 jkay43

jkay43

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 04:57 PM

I've seen that movie, it was ok had a couple creepy parts.

#26 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 08 March 2003 - 08:29 PM

:o I've lived in Salem Ma all my life and have known about Danvers State since I was a kid. I was there visiting my sister who worked at The Hogan Reg. School for the Mentally Chalenged in the early 1970's. It was a awsome place.

I thought you would be interested in knowing that the second and fourth Tuesday of the month they give tours of the grounds. You can take pictures and ask questions. You can not go into the buildings because they are in rough shape and no longer safe. The arcutecture is so awsome it's worth it just for that, however, knowing the stories of the things that went on up there leads me to believe theres more than buildings to keep it interesting up there.
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#27 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 08 March 2003 - 08:32 PM

I just wanted to let you know I'm going to try and register to get up there this week. I hope to be there in a few weeks. I'll let you know if I do and how it was.
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#28 heberly_clodbert

heberly_clodbert

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 04:22 PM

Sounds like a good plan, my sister lives in Beverly, so I will be sure to tell her and we will take the tour together.  Yes, I actually drove by it on 95. I was going back to CT after visiting my parents in Maine.  

Going southbound, I belive its by exit 48, or 45....you can see it on a hill...

i wonder if on the tour you can see some faces looking out at you from the windows.......... :o

• Guests

Posted 05 May 2003 - 11:30 AM

the movie house on haunted hill is a remake of a classic
movie from the 50's or 60's staring vincent price

#30 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 05 May 2003 - 01:13 PM

We finally made it up there and it was so worth the wait. It's a beautiful but sad haunting place. We got so many good photo's it's incredable. The place is so huge. If you get the chance, do it before it's gone. I heard they just sold it to put up CONDO'S!!!! I wish there way I could post some of the photo's but there too large for this site. My quest now is to get inside. Wish me luck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users