heberly_clodbert

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 05:43 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

AHHHHAAAAAAA!! IT WORKED!!

OK sorry about all that.....

Enjoy Dodi's pics.  The building is absolutely stunning.  I am going to take the tour of the grounds when I get some time off from work.  Now, after seeing these pics, I can't wait to go!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 heberly_clodbert

heberly_clodbert

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 05:56 PM

Some close up shots of the place....I did some editing on Dodi's pics, for the far away view, but these are the actual pics dodi sent, and because it was so big, I was afraid it would take too long to load on some slower browsers, so I edited them a bit, so you can see the detail in the buildings.
Dodi, I hope you don't mind, I tried to capture the best parts!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 heberly_clodbert

heberly_clodbert

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 06:02 PM

ok pics too big still.....i am giving up.

:'(

maybe i will try again tomorrow.

goodnight all

#49 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 20 May 2003 - 03:40 AM

;D Awsome job on the pics. Thank you. I have about 450 pics of the place now. I'm hoping to add more soon. Let me know when you want more.
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#50 kittengirl

kittengirl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 10:48 AM

HI,

I was recently going to go to Danvers.  There is a way that you can get a tour of the outside every second and fourth tuesday of the month.  I have the number to call to schedule if anyone is interested.  You are only allowed to be there for two hours but Im sure it would be worth it. Also the movie session 9 features Danvers, it is a great movie and very scary, I recommend seeing it prior to going to Danvers.  I havent gone yet because it is 4 hours away from me but I will soon!!

#51 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 02 June 2003 - 11:59 AM

Hey,
     If you get the chance to go on the walking tour go. It is really worth it. It is only 2 hours but you can walk through most of the outside. I don't think you can go through the cemeteries yet. I heard they weren't sure if they were going to let people in that area or not. But the buildings are beautiful and although the ground are not all kept up it is a beautiful place with very rich history. Be prepared to have alot of emotion going through you, the horrors that took place at Danvers State left their mark on the place. If you end up getting to go, let me know. I'de be interested in hearing what you thought.
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#52 heberly_clodbert

heberly_clodbert

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 04:16 PM

Dodi,

I wanted to ask if you had gotten any pics that had unexplained phenomena in them, I could post thoes...

HAVE you seen anything weird touring the grounds??? You never mentioned that!

-Michele

#53 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 05:13 PM

Yes I have a couple, I'm on my way to work right now but will send them tomorrow.

#54 heberly_clodbert

heberly_clodbert

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 05:18 PM

ok, email a few and I will post them.

#55 CHRISTINE

CHRISTINE

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 10:25 PM

;D  Hi,
I also love Danvers state hospital!! I have a list of all the places in massachusetts that were mental hospitals.
I have tons of pictures of d.s.h. I also have a lot of pictures from haunted cemetarys........So if anyone is interested give me a shout.
                                                  boo!~ :o
                                                     Christine

#56 ghsthuntr

ghsthuntr

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 12:36 PM

Sorry to be so oblivious to this post because I did not read the whole post..i skipped from 1-3, so If I repeated anything that has already been said, please let me know and I apologize. Myself, being a horror filmmaker remember the movie about Danvers State. It was called Session 9. About a few guys from a HAZMAT Team sent in to get rid of asbestos. Well anyways, very good movie. I knew that building looked familiar  ;)

#57 spookymonkey

spookymonkey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:48 AM

A lot of folks don't realise the vastness of Danvers State either.  The main building is not only impressive architecture, it is almost a half a mile long!  Huge!  The  place is beautiful, however the depressive atmosphere saturates everything up there.  The energy I felt fom touching the stones of the main building makes me uneasy about spending time inside.  The tour is definately worth it though as it is the only legal way to get a glimpse.  

• Guests

Posted 31 July 2003 - 01:13 PM

;) Just a little info on Danvers State. At some points the walls are as thick ad 3 1/2 feet thick, there are over 200 corners in the main building and the tunnles run to almost every building in the complex. Along with the tunnles that are massive, there are sub tunnles with much of the pipes and wirering for the place. There is a huge amount of pipes and wirering in the main tunnles as well. Many of the tunnles were used strictly for patients use only, leading them to other parts of the complex so they would not have to venture outside the buildings. When DSIA was in operation it was much like a self contained city. Infact many other of the IA through Mass. sent patients there for day care shock theropy and other treatments. Not everyone was unhappy there, to some people it truely was home, there were many births alone with many deaths. It is a place rich in history and I am sure there is much to be learned, I wish I had the access to learn more. I guess in a way I'm lucky I can't learn all the history behind the place, I'm not sure I could handle all the things that went on in that place. All in all, I wish it would be treated as the historic place it is and not as the money maker it could be, but I guess in the real world, the money aspect is the bottom line. ???

#59 spookymonkey

spookymonkey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 09:51 AM

If you think that you have troubles, imagine the lives of the people who buy the luxury condos that Danvers State is to be converted into!  It's one thing to visit...but I would'nt want to live there!  As a Realtor in Salem, (the next town over) I can tell you lots of funny things going on in old homes around here.  The worst part about the conversion of D.S. is that it is not reguired by law to disclose any funny goings on in MA, unlike some other states. People may be spending an awful lot of money to lose their peace of mind.  The main building is slated to be destroyed as well, which is the most beautiful part of the complex.I am reminded of that subdivision in Texas built on the old black cemetary, whose headstones were moved but not the bodies.  Those bodies weren't thrilled mind you, and a vicious mass haunting took place of a whole street.  The new owners could,nt sell because of the publicity and a lot of people lost their life savings as a result.  Bankruptcy was the only way out.  I hope that doesn't happen up here.

#60 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 11:07 AM

The land that DSIA was built on was suppose to be haunted long before the asylum was put there. Put that together with the horrorable thing that happened when it was a Insane Asylum and you have the stuff hauntings are made of. I would not even want to live in a place that has the reputation that the land there has.

I also am from Salem and live in an old house, it was built in 1897. If you want to talk odd things that go on in old houses, send me an e-mail.

Spookymonkey, I'de be glad to show you my house anytime. Just let me know when. Dodie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users