167 replies to this topic

#61 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 03:30 PM

Welcome Dodi, glad you joined us...you brought up a very good point true of all the asylums at the time...for many people this was their HOME, they only one they ever knew and though the treatments may sound horrible to us today they were much better then being locked in an attic behind chicken wire which happened to alot of mentally ill people before the asylums came into existance
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#62 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 03 August 2003 - 09:05 AM

Thank you for the Welcome. I found some infomation about when some of the buildings were built. I thought it might be of some interest.

1874-1878 The Kirkbride Building
1876 The resevior gate house
1889 The Gray Gables building
1904-1933 Repai shops
1906 Female TB building
1906 Male TB building
1912 Laundry bui;ding
1921 Head/Pump house
1927 Male nurses building
1930 Female nursrs building
1955 Our Lady Of The Hill
1955 Bonner medical building
1960 water tower
1964 St Lukes

Well, that's it for now. I'll see what else I can find. I hope you found this as interesting as I did.
                     Dodie
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#63 heberly_clodbert

heberly_clodbert

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 05:10 PM

Wow, I never realized that some parts of the place were over 100 years old.  I thought the building was  built in the 1900's.  Didn't it close in the mid 80's?

I think I should do more homework on this building... I have august 12th off from work, I think I will call and schedule an appointment to visit the place...

-Michele

#64 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 04 August 2003 - 04:56 AM

I think I'de like to go back myself. The hole place has such rich history it's incredable. It really leaves a lasting effect on evryone I know who has gone to see it. Well if you go, let me know what you think.
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#65 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 04 August 2003 - 06:54 AM

HOLE place?
Posted Image

#66 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 08:07 AM

Nice reply.

• Guests

Posted 04 August 2003 - 07:02 PM

:PHello everyone,
Session 9 was tapped at danvers state hospital. Not house on haunted hill (wasen't sure if anyone knew yet)
I have about 400 Pictures of the inside and outside of the hospital if anyone wants to see them. Have a good night!!!!
                                                   ;Dchristine!!

#68 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 10:53 AM

;D Well, welcome Christine. It's nice to see you share the same interest as many of us. I would love to see your pictures of DSIA. I have many my myself. It's nice to share our experiances. Oh yes, please, by the way excuse my spelling. It's not one of my better taleants. Well it was nice to bte intouch with you. I would really love to see your pictures and discuss your experiances at DSIA.

Dodie

• Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 10:09 PM

Hi Dodie,
I don't care about the spelling thing!! Im here to learn about ghosts, and haunted places. So keep telling your stories,and don't worry about it. Oh I'd also like to see your house too, it sounds really cool! ;)

christine!~

#70 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 01:52 PM

Hey Christine,
                    Thank you for the understanding. I do have an awsome house as far as activity goes. I' will deffinatly have you over sometime. I have plenty of stories when ever you want to hear them. Just let me know.

Dodie

#71 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 06:32 AM

I have not heard too much new info on Danvers State. Has anyone else? I'm not even sure they're still doing the tours. If anyone knows would you let me know please. I'de love to do it again.

#72 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 06:38 AM

I just answered my own quwstion! LOL. I called and as soon as the weather is better they will resume the tours. I just thought you'de all like to know.

#73 JGelvin

JGelvin

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 11:46 AM

Hello all - new to this site.  About Danvers, I'm from Michigan and I've been there.  I got some great pictures of the outside, but I snuck up, snapped some and took off down the hill.  I don't even know what my pictures are of! (Which buildings) I would like to come back and take one of those tours, but they don't go inside anymore do they?  Because of asbestos?  I would LOVE to get inside and take pictures.  What a fantastic place!  Oh, that movie its in is Session 9.  Great movie too.  Can anyone help with Danvers info?  Who knows the most?  THANK YOU!

#74 Christine1964

Christine1964

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 03:19 PM

[quote]
Hi J How are you I found this web Sight in some of the first Post's on this topic http://www.angelfire...nversStateHosp/ I have never been there my brother lives in Adrean Mich i would love to take a tour. The Sight that i sent you tells all. The person that did this research on Danvers put alot of work in to it. Let me know what you think.Christine
Christine1964

#75 heberly_clodbert

heberly_clodbert

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 04:21 PM

HI Jgelvin, Dodi is the one whom I think has the most info that I talk to.

DODI---ARE YOU AROUND??????

--Also if I may toot my own horn here, this coming September 15, marks the 2 year anniversary that this post has been going on for....anyone want to start a world record??  ;D ;D ;D

-Michele

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users